Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Challenge Delayed Again  (Read 2688 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Challenge Delayed Again
« on: October 06, 2010, 11:43:31 pm »
Unfortunately, the challenge will not be ready to go tomorrow night as intended. I apologize for another delay. I understand that no one wanted to wait until October to start recruiting, and all I can do is apologize if this ends up hurting our recruitment methods.

I have no specific ETA on when the challenge will be ready. It looks like we're close, but it looked like we were close a week ago and a week before that. Just to let you know what we're looking at right now...

For Part 1, we still have a large chunk of animations and sound effects missing from the very last part. I thought this was done on Monday, but it wasn't. We also have to add back in the body of the ship. It shouldn't take too long to complete, but the time still has to be taken.

For Part 2, we still have to add the application to the end of it. All of the legwork has been done (scripts and graphics), so the implementation shouldn't be too difficult, though I can see it becoming a little tricky. We also still have the huge issue of the movies not loading properly, which is going to take some troubleshooting resolve.

Other than that, we have to smoothly combine both parts into one smooth experience, which could cause some bugs of its own. The last attempt didn't work, so that might take some troubleshooting as well.

As you can see, there isn't much left, but we do have 2-3 obstacles that could delay things, so I can't really give in ETA.

In retrospect, if I'd have known we'd be putting on winter coats before this thing was done, I would have tried to slim it down a little, but none of us really enjoy lack of quality or features. We can only hope that the game itself will be delayed as much as the challenge (lol).

Anyway, again I apologize for this delay. It may not seem like a big deal now. I just know we lost a good month or two of potentially ripe recruitment, and I feel bad about giving out a date and not being able to follow through.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Challenge Delayed Again
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 03:43:05 am »
You can do it Adad! You can do it Yotogi!

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 04:22:54 am »
Take your time guys, there's no rush. The game's not coming out for a fair few months yet.

Offline Shirokumo

• Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 11:27:02 am »
Can't wait to see it completed. From the small amount I've gone through myself, I can already tell this is going to blow people's minds. Very excited.

Formerly WhiteMyst.

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 07:31:11 pm »
Quote from: "Subb"
Take your time guys, there's no rush. The game's not coming out for a fair few months yet.

WRONG!!!  With every day, week, and month that goes by we are falling further and further behind on recruitment.  We should have been up and running with recruitment in July or August at the latest.  

We are currently in October with no finish line in sight, which is very bad news.  I'm sure everyone is going to be impressed with what we put out, but I have a fear what might happen is we'll get posts that say something like this...

"Great site guys, really cool content.  Good luck, and looking forward to seeing you in game."  

And that'll be about it, because alot of the good recruits will already be embedded with other guilds.  

If we want to be competitive in game at all then this needs done last month, not this month, not next month... last month.

If I had any skills at all with computers, other than blowing them up and making them melt down I'd be going through sleepless night getting it done.  

I know the guys developing this have put some real time behind it, but I say it's time to grab hold of your knickers with a white knuckle grip, heist them up till you see the whites of your ass and buckle the fuck down to get it done.

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline Erathaol

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 07:36:41 pm »
We're counting on you, Adad and Yotogi!  
Good luck on the remaining work, fellas.

Offline Saint

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/saintxxx/Jedi-Archives
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 09:44:44 pm »
I think we will be fine,  the game is probably still 6 or 7 months out. but sooner is probably better than later.

Offline Venlar

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 10:35:54 pm »
Quote from: "Broin"

WRONG!!!  With every day, week, and month that goes by we are falling further and further behind on recruitment.  We should have been up and running with recruitment in July or August at the latest.  

We are currently in October with no finish line in sight, which is very bad news.  I'm sure everyone is going to be impressed with what we put out, but I have a fear what might happen is we'll get posts that say something like this...

"Great site guys, really cool content.  Good luck, and looking forward to seeing you in game."  

And that'll be about it, because alot of the good recruits will already be embedded with other guilds.  

If we want to be competitive in game at all then this needs done last month, not this month, not next month... last month.

If I had any skills at all with computers, other than blowing them up and making them melt down I'd be going through sleepless night getting it done.  

I know the guys developing this have put some real time behind it, but I say it's time to grab hold of your knickers with a white knuckle grip, heist them up till you see the whites of your ass and buckle the fuck down to get it done.

QFT

Offline Shirokumo

• Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 12:37:28 pm »
Quote from: "Broin"

That was an entirely new level of nerd epic to me. My action figures just assembled and saluted...

Formerly WhiteMyst.

Offline Erathaol

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 04:11:51 pm »
Quote from: "Shirokumo"
That was an entirely new level of nerd epic to me. My action figures just assembled and saluted...

As is only proper of them.  Action figures all across the world recognize the mighty power of Broin!

Let that be a warning to you, Adad and Yotogi.  Get the challenge up and running quick or else Broin will unleash his horde of tiny plastic minions on you!

Offline Shirokumo

• Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2010, 08:14:30 pm »
They jumped into formation and marched out, presumably to meet with their supreme overlord.

Formerly WhiteMyst.

Offline Baobinga

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundcloud.com/djz
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2010, 02:17:36 am »
Just keep it up guys. It'll come out soon enough and the recruitment phase can start.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
[19] 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 17