Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Devs takin it up a notch?  (Read 2098 times)

Anonymous

Devs takin it up a notch?
« on: June 01, 2005, 06:39:58 am »
Hi, ok i dunno if everyone has already seen this or what, but i feel compelled to enlighten you anyway... feast your eyes on this

http://thematrixonline.warnerbros.com/web/live/news_display.jsp?id=In_Testing_053105

KEY NOTES

The first of three new Disciplines is now available for testing by external players. Zen Master, an addition to the Operative tree, will be joined in the future by the Citadel Coder and Trojan Horse.  --  Very interesting, a new coder? a new hacker? and this new operative? hmmm... i suppose time will tell...

Stealth Countermeasures now only disrupts the stealth Abilities of hostile characters.  --  That's very good, finally

Players can now use /afk to mark themselves as away from their keyboards.  --  Wow, could it be the devs have finally taken their heads OUT of their asses? A very basic and simple MMO command and it makes it in-game only 3 months after retail release :)

HERES THE KICKER: Antibiotics now work like a 90-second Negative Condition Sweep. Each has a percent chance to remove negative effects (including Stun and Pacify) that is checked every 5 seconds while active.  --  Holy mother of God, if this means what i think it means, it will change PvP forever (and believe me when i tell you PvP could benefit from such a change) oh yea, and not to mention this as well -- Characters successfully withdrawing from Interlock are now immune to being drawn back in for 5 seconds after withdrawing.

well like anything else, we'll have to see it for ourselves before we can come to any solid conclusions, but i like to keep a positive outlook on things, and hopefully these will improve the game. If nothing else, at least they are trying, right?

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 07:34:43 am »
I definitly dig those new changes, cant wait to see them in an upcoming patch

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 08:33:25 am »
I dig them allexcept the interlock timer... Only because of the hacker issue on our server.
I made a long petition about this. It is unfair that hackers get an extra 5 seconds if they roll out to hack away while MAs can't do anything. They should make it when you roll out you have an increased VD... maybe that would do it.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2005, 10:26:25 am »
It's about damn time they make an immunity to stun/pacify from the antibiotics, that's my favorite change out of all of them. I do agree that the withdraw timer is really unbalanced in a hacker vs. MA battle...but what can you do? =/

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2005, 12:53:08 pm »
/ccr

Offline Lithium

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://followtheangel.org
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2005, 02:30:53 pm »
Its all fine and great until, Interlock Immunity pops up. I've seen it in QA not only does it effect PvP but they made it that much easier to hit level 50 in a week now when you withdraw from a mission npc, run your ass off for the door and your done.

IMO, they should be fixing lag not interlock timers and afk flags.

Don't believe everything you think.

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2005, 06:10:52 am »
yeah i remember watching interview vids of this game before beta... they would talk about how they have this new top  of the line server setup that would virtually eliminate lag and loading zones and all that.... pfffft, lag is prolly one of my worst issues with this game. Before when i only had 512 ram it was pretty bad... then i got another gig on top of that, and it was runnin so damn smooth for a long time, all settings high... no lag at all. Then they released some patch and it went back to the stoneage days... blah!

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2005, 07:00:42 am »
yea i usually dont run missions with other people becuase i lag with 512 ram... and i feel bad when they are waiting for me at the mission area... so i usually just use the constructs or mobs to level... damn lag... running mxo on a laptop is a punt in the crotch...

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2005, 04:10:34 pm »
I believe they could resolve the PVP hacker problem by making the hacker who rolls out unable to do any of their specials for the five seconds that they are immune.  That appears to be the most logical way to go about it.

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2005, 05:34:11 pm »
i agree that would make a lot of sense... in which case the devs would not do it...

Offline Styan

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sullycentral.net
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2005, 09:20:17 pm »
/agree,

I hope some more thought gets put into this before they release the patch and if not, then I hope all of use petitioning after the patch will change things!

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2005, 09:49:33 pm »
Zen master makes me creamy.......rofl

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2005, 10:50:17 pm »
gross!

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2005, 11:01:44 pm »
Quote from: "Fuse"
/ccr

/agree

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2005, 11:26:04 pm »
Citadel Coder? Mind going into some detail on that one?

Yes, Zen Master makes me all wet too. :) Go Akido!

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 [18]
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 27