Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: RP-PvP Community Drama  (Read 13143 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
RP-PvP Community Drama
« on: November 28, 2011, 05:39:40 pm »
Normally I don't get involved in this kind of stuff, but since it affects all of the guilds that are trying to get on the same RP-PvP server, I do feel an obligation to keep the process in check.

To get you caught up, there was a meeting a few weeks ago that I wasn't there for where guild leaders for the RP-PvP community discussed deciding what server we should go to, among other things.

Apparently this spiraled into discussions of a server charter, RP council, policing RP rules, etc. etc. etc. Luckily these ideas were quickly challenged by many of the guilds there, including Broin representing us. After opposition was brought up, the more extreme views were quieted and at the end of the meeting it was agreed that things should be a simple as possible - just decide on a server.

After the meeting, however, plans that were thought to be agreed against were put into motion anyway. Mainly the formation of an external website for all future discussions, hosted by Fragworld and run by the "RP Council" thinkers of the meeting.

The unfortunate part of this is that the website is being promoted as the official place to discuss which server we should all land on, and those discussions/voting was halted on the main thread on the SWTOR site. As a result, you have to register for their site, PM an admin saying your a guild leader, and get access to a special section of their forums to vote on which server to go to.

This rubbed many people the wrong way, and led to Saints of the Old Republic and another guild leaving the organizing efforts. Soon bickering and arguing began to surface, and now Warmadden has left as well.

Up until this point I've remained absent from all of this, as I have an aversion to drama. But it irks me to have to go through this process to participate in deciding a server, and seeing our future community begin to bleed members, I felt the need to say something.

I first tried to encourage the original poster to keep a tally of votes for server choice on the SWTOR thread, so that anyone could participate and see the results. This was quickly seen as a challenge to the tally already going on the "special website", and seeing that it would probably just muddy up things further, I reversed my idea.

So I signed up and voted on their site. But I also decided to give my own two cents here.

As you can see, I'm trying to promote keeping the process simple so that more guilds are encouraged to join. It's quickly being met with hostility, however, and the belief that my viewpoint is the minority.

I don't like the idea of a few select people making decisions for everyone behind closed doors, so in the spirit of allowing everyone to have a voice, I'm sharing all this with you so that you can make your voice heard as well if you wish.

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
Re: RP-PvP Community Drama
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 06:36:05 pm »
Fuck that guy in his stupid face.  When you guys know what his in game name is, please let me know so I can enjoy PKing him even more.  

Let's just do what we want to do and things will work themselves out.  I don't put much stock in pregame alliances and groups anyway.  Once we go live EVERYTHING changes.  

Regardless, I know I'm not adding anything here other than, yeah, that whole group is a drama magnet and it would be to our advantage to just bow out and be lone wolves.
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 06:36:07 pm »
*cough*PvPServer*cough*

Will read up and share thoughts later... Seems like over management.

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 06:44:32 pm »
How was fragworld even chosen?  It looks like it's a not-even-finished portal site?  Why didn't they use enjin or something?  (10 bucks says one of those guys runs it and is going to try and use it to get some half assed gameportal site launched.

Offline Ragnarok

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 06:50:11 pm »
Lunar Xavier seems unable to grasp the point you are trying to make no matter how many times you restate it. He also seems very aggressive and would rather silence you than allow a discussion to flourish. Why has no other guild responded to your thread? Do they all follow the council like little sheep? It seem FA will be needing to attend the rest of the meetings to make sure we are heard and our views considered.

So long as I breathe, I live. So long as I live, I fight. So long as I fight, I triumph!

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 07:06:43 pm »
Not only that but he's obviously trying to shoehorn himself into a larger leadership position.

Offline Da6onet

• VETERAN ANGEL
  • I shall either find a way or make one.
    • View Profile
    • JPL
RP-PvP Community Drama
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 07:14:26 pm »
Do we have any power truly power hungry passive aggressive assholes here that know how to deal with people like this guy? Or likewise, anyone ever had success dealing with someone like him?

I honestly don't know that it can be done short of Broin running some extraordinary rendition on the guy.
If all the world's problems were solved today, what would you have left to do tomorrow?

NEED NEW SIGNATURE, CAN PAY IN THE FORM OF BEER!!!

Offline Ragnarok

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
RP-PvP Community Drama
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2011, 07:30:55 pm »
Quote from: "Da6onet"
Do we have any power truly power hungry passive aggressive assholes here that know how to deal with people like this guy? Or likewise, anyone ever had success dealing with someone like him?

I honestly don't know that it can be done short of Broin running some extraordinary rendition on the guy.

I like what your getting at but doing this could create a negative image for FA.

So long as I breathe, I live. So long as I live, I fight. So long as I fight, I triumph!

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
RP-PvP Community Drama
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2011, 09:04:39 pm »
Someone better stop me...

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline Heironymus

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xanga.com/Inner_Fatman
RP-PvP Community Drama
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2011, 11:42:57 pm »
I say we back the hell away from the drama.. moonwalk right out of the room.. you know the guilds that have already backed out.. and I really could not imagine more backing out after this crap.. seriously.. this is supposed to be fun.. this guy is the nutto that takes RP seriousness to a whole new level.. like making people call him by his gamer name nutto..

With 2 weeks left why dont we contact the guilds that backed out and just do this the simple and old fashioned way.. ask them to do our own thing..

Offline Mharz

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
RP-PvP Community Drama
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2011, 12:11:55 am »
Okay my 2 credits.

We're The Furious Angels.  They're some scrub guilds that are dysfunctional before game launch that won't matter one month after launch.  

We don't need ANYONE imposing controls on us.  Ever.  

I would draft up a proper, well written post which says, between the lines "Thank you but no.  Take your controls and rules and other stupid crap and put it where the sun doesn't shine."  And then make it known that we will keep in contact with the community and let them know where we plan to go prior to launch if anyone cares to join us.  

WE set the standard.  We aren't dictated to by some half wits.  They need us, we don't need them.

Oh and if you need a guild bad cop (I know it's normally Broin) I'd be more than happy to respectfully tell people to go to hell in such a way that makes them feel good about us and their trip to hell.

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
RP-PvP Community Drama
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2011, 12:28:04 am »
Soooooo, i'm the only one feeling the pvp server with people we know even more now?

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
RP-PvP Community Drama
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2011, 12:42:17 am »
Ha, don't think I've considered proposing just going PvP. The amount of discussions and politics behind this community is already turning me off. I'm hoping this will remedy itself once we're in game. We won't be obligated to look to them for information or decision making. We'll do our own thing and hopefully people will enjoy what we do and emulate it.

In the meantime, however, I guess I'm speaking for the little guy trying to make sure these guys trying to make a power play aren't met without some resistance. There was no need to go to such extremes to make a simple decision.

I suppose my suggestion was a little "too little too late", but they didn't exactly involve everyone in the decision making process. I don't know whose idea it was to have ANOTHER "official" vote on that website.

Offline Avzeke (Khr0n1k)

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
RP-PvP Community Drama
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2011, 12:50:53 am »
I skimmed over that thread and from what I am seeing here we should just not be involved with that group of people if it is already drama.

Also like I said at the last meeting (I think?) where we were talking about server choice, I am in the middle on the choice of pvp or rp-pvp. With this it does make me want to lean towards pvp because I don't think we should be involved in any council type situation or on a server that has a council we are not part of.

Topherous Jedi Sentinel
Artifice, Archaeology, Treasure Hunting

Offline Eroz

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
RP-PvP Community Drama
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2011, 12:54:52 am »
Quote from: "Broin"
Someone better stop me...

Nah, I would prefer to see the drama's and drama producers ass kicked. Personally I with a lot of what people have said, they need us, we don't need them. We already know a majority of the guilds with implode before and slightly after game launch, I know we won't. Wherever and whatever we choose, we will find a community.
"Have you ever tried to dismantle a snowball?" - Linus, Peanut's Gang.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 272