Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: WeekNIGHT Raid Group Scheduling  (Read 122120 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
WeekNIGHT Raid Group Scheduling
« Reply #570 on: January 22, 2013, 09:01:53 pm »
It's 5 minutes after raid time and we've got four people. I still haven't heard back from Mharz, Opey, and Anamodiel. Lithium just assumed we weren't raiding and didn't say anything.

You guys need to decide if you want to keep doing this or not. I know that we're mostly geared out or fully geared out, but it's not fair for you to get what you need and then decide to do other things while we still have people showing up and waiting for you. At the very least you need to communicate and let us know if you're going to be late or decide not to show.

At this point I'm about ready to disband the raid. I'm getting tired of rearranging my schedule or rushing home right after work to just have no shows. I don't even need gear anymore and I'm still here. It's Sared's birthday and he's still here.

So let me know if you're in or out. If enough of you are out, we'll just disband. Maybe I'll try to start another raid or just PvP more.

EDIT: Just saw Opey's post. I missed it. Sorry about that Opey. That's pretty short notice, but at least you let us know. Ana showed up right after I posted this, so he's just a little late. I'm pretty sure Mharz just said he'd be gone until Monday, but I thought he'd be available by Tuesday, no? Anyway, with Opey's post, looks like we're out for the week unless we find a DPS. Lithium said he's pretty much out for the next 15 weeks, so we'd need another tank as well....

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: January 22, 2013, 09:18:19 pm »
Yeah I'm pretty pissed off myself... I've been waiting in line to get one or two drops while everyone else keeps getting gear and gear and gear, and then I'm having to continue to roll against people who are getting more gear drops than me.  

I haven't gotten a damn thing in about 2 months (really at this point I think closer to 3 months), but I keep showing up to do this and it ends up being to someone elses benefit.

I've gotten nothing while I've had to watch many of you gear up, catch up to me, and then go ahead and outroll me for the few things I need.  Not only that but then listen to you scramble and jostle for the additional items that drop, some of which you've already gotten before... "Oh I can use that for an offset for healing/dps/etc.... I can pull the mods out of that for this or that."  

This happened when we were doing KP and EV.  How many alts of everyone else did I help run through those things for what?

You know what?  I'm happy to raid and help gear people up because it helps us as a whole...  However I think it's time we readjust or look at the loot drops and how we distribute them.  I think it's time for a priority readjustment all the way around...

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 22, 2013, 09:28:10 pm »
And I understand real life gets in the way - hell, I'm one of the people who can only make half of the raid times currently, but you need to communicate because there are people showing up. Maybe Mharz said he would be out all this week, but he never posted the details here so I'm not sure (maybe I misunderstood him or misheard him or just can't remember). That's why you should post. I guess Lithium has classes now that are going to cause him to be late or unavailable, but I don't see a post about that either. Posting an hour before raid should be an emergency type of scenario.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: January 22, 2013, 10:07:56 pm »

We have been doing the same content for months now, and the group STILL cannot get their shit together. I'll admit that I have the occasional screw up myself. However, it took us 4 hours of raid time last week to do content we've been doing since OCTOBER; this is content that should take our FULLY GEARED GROUP an hour and a half. That is ridiculous and is a complete waste of my time, especially when, for the umpteenth week in a row, I do not receive the one piece of gear that I still need. It's really frustrating to blow my friends and roommates off or readjust my schedule so we can continually wipe on stuff that should literally be auto-pilot.

I'm fine raiding. I love raiding. I love raiding with FA. But this is my last semester in college, and the last thing I want to be doing is sitting in my room by myself waiting for people to get their shit together. I'd rather be hanging out with my friends and doing stuff with them if we're going to wipe continually on content that should be a snap. I made everything work just fine the last time I lived on campus a year ago. I showed up to raid most every night we were scheduled (with certain Thursdays being an exception... Bar stars unite!), and I had fun doing it because it was challenging. The challenge now is getting people's heads out of their asses and to show up.

I'm guilty of it just as much as everyone else. I'm very selfish, and I like to go to the bar with my friends. Yesterday, I come on at about 9:45 EST to ask if we were raiding - I was informed that we were not, and I went to the bar for one beer with my roommates and a former roommate for her birthday. Had we been raiding, I would have sucked it up and stayed here to raid with everyone because I value our group's priorities. Sunday was one of my best friend's 21st birthdays, so RL got in the way there. Thursday the 17th, I had gone out to the bars but would have been coherent enough to raid - I was staying in touch with Tbone throughout the evening. My point is, we need to properly communicate and show that we value each others time and commitments.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Mharz

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 22, 2013, 10:51:01 pm »
All,

Tbone was correct that I thought I would be gone until Monday but that was originally Monday the 28th meaning I would miss this entire week.  Turns out I'm going to be back a few days early which means this Thursday.

My apologies for not posting but it was travel for some sensitive family stuff and I didn't want to share details.  I did have a chat with Tbone post raid but it seems the message was lost.  I will post something vague with dates here next time.

As for future raiding efforts, I'm in till every person on our raid team is fully geared on a main and an alt.

To Broin's point about gear distribution, there are alternate ways to distribute loot that give weight to things like raid senority and attendance.  I'd be happy to share those when I'm back Thursday.

Offline Adam

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: January 22, 2013, 11:18:30 pm »
With my class schedule this semester tuesdays I have class from 6:00pm-8:50pm CST so I maybe 5 mins late. I am good for other days. And for the week of valentines day I am questionable depends on what my girlfriend has planned but I am definitely out for valentine's day itself which is thursday february 14th for those of you who don't have anyone special in your lives.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: January 22, 2013, 11:26:55 pm »
Quote from: "Mharz"
All,

Tbone was correct that I thought I would be gone until Monday but that was originally Monday the 28th meaning I would miss this entire week.  Turns out I'm going to be back a few days early which means this Thursday.

My apologies for not posting but it was travel for some sensitive family stuff and I didn't want to share details.  I did have a chat with Tbone post raid but it seems the message was lost.  I will post something vague with dates here next time.

As for future raiding efforts, I'm in till every person on our raid team is fully geared on a main and an alt.

To Broin's point about gear distribution, there are alternate ways to distribute loot that give weight to things like raid senority and attendance.  I'd be happy to share those when I'm back Thursday.

My memory is for shit and my days get mixed up when I have time off like this. At least I remembered "Monday"..lol. Write something up so that everyone knows - you don't have to share details - just that you won't be able to make it (i.e. Broin).

Offline Mharz

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: January 22, 2013, 11:31:26 pm »
Assuming Lithium is tentative can we raid Thursday?

Asking because I won't rush getting home if we aren't raiding.

Are we down a tank and a dps now?

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 23, 2013, 12:39:39 am »
I don't know about Lithium. I don't have any details about him. Opey is out all week. My girlfriend planned a date night on Thursday and I agreed since I assumed we'd be raiding Tuesday and Wednesday. Wednesday is out. Thursday is out. Sunday is out.

Offline Lithium

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://followtheangel.org
« Reply #579 on: January 23, 2013, 11:30:47 am »
I will be free at the regular time Wednesday and Thursday.

Don't believe everything you think.

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: January 23, 2013, 04:56:02 pm »
So based off of Tbone's statement I am assuming we are not raiding tonight or the rest of this week.  I say let's all take the week.... Reasses our commitment to each other and the raid and come back next week with our serious faces on.

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline Lithium

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://followtheangel.org
« Reply #581 on: January 23, 2013, 08:27:29 pm »
Crazy suggestion, it might not work but I'm wondering if a Saturday/Sunday morning/afternoon time might not be out of the question?

Don't believe everything you think.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: January 23, 2013, 09:38:14 pm »
I can't do weekends until late February, and I will not raid Saturday nights. Any other time would be fine once my schedule calms down.

Tbone also works doubles on weekends.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: January 24, 2013, 12:28:15 am »
Have in mind that should you ever raid at a time between 1900hrs and 1 a.m (french time) on a weekend or frankly a weeknight I would always be available.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: January 24, 2013, 01:04:49 am »
I work doubles every Saturday and Sunday.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
[19] 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 17