Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Phase:2 - Group Outing  (Read 2018 times)

Offline ArchNemesis

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Phase:2 - Group Outing
« on: March 29, 2009, 10:26:29 pm »
Alright, i felt that this needed a new thread since

1) The old thread dealing with the roster of people's preferred play style is way down and dead

and

2) This will organize things during our outing.

I want to try and create a exploration run for us all as a group.

This will consist of our ...

Recon unit- Stealth/ranged/fighters that love doing it from behind (Such as myself ^_^ )
and our
Tank unit-  Fighters that are getting their hands dirty / bait (or aggro ,if you will.)

Just let me know on here or on TS which you'd prefer to be in.

We'll be going out into the world and seeing all that there is to see along with areas taken over by our enemies.

This is a good way to get more markings that haven't been seen on the FA map. This of course will eventually lead to us running into hostiles that are...

A) Harvesting

B) Fighting mobs

C) Other gank units

While we do these outings i want to try and keep the Recon unit out of sight of the Tank group to get the enemy to underestimate and gain a false sense of security should they come across our group. The Recon unit will of course move in for the flank or stay out of harms way while attacking with a flurry of arrows or missiles.

This is extremely effective for taking people out. Even with minuscule numbers it is possible to effectively take out a few enemies before dying.

As for a date to try and schedule this, I've seen that most people are good during Weekdays so i'm gonna go out on a limb and try and pull these off on Tuesdays and Thursdays anywhere from 2:00 pm FA to 2:00 am FA

Depending on our numbers through out the day we can try different areas or different ways of going out and killing/exploring to try and boost our combat efficiency.

Also, I would HIGHLY recommend to go only in armor / weaponry that is expendable. I can make cloth armor and there is TONS in the clan bank so feel free to ask me for some or an officer to get some out of the bank. The cloth doesn't protect for much but it's better than being nude.

What i feel is more important in the heat of battle is food and stamina / hp pots. These are definitely something that we have a lot of, is somewhat expendable, and can make the difference in living or dying.

I will leave a short example simply for the sake of giving an idea as to what to look forward to...

Me and Setun were scouting an area towards the deep south and came across a lone alfar harvesting...

He caught sight of Setun and immediately starting gunning it further south. I was high a top a hill / short mountain keeping an eye out for anyone in the vicinity. After a short while, the Alfar had reinforcements... 2 or 3 ( can't recall)  on foot and another on a mount. As they all were distracted with Setun, i came in from the top of the mountain (Forgot my arrows >_<) and started to attack the others from behind.

Sure, me and him died since it was four - five on two... but we took two of them down with us while all we had was cloth armor...

No pots... no food.... Just cloth.

Offline Zortarg

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.benfee.de
Re: Phase:2 - Group Outing
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 03:21:17 am »
/signed

so here my outing:
primary magic: so more scout squad
secondary sword and shield: so also possible for tank or mounted combat
prefered european time
Two planets are meeting in space. Asks the first:"Do you have human as well?" Answers the second:"Yes, but that passes by."

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Re: Phase:2 - Group Outing
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 03:50:39 am »
/signed

If I get my account today. I'll be going bow'n'arrow/assassin, but my skillz will be uber low since I'll only get in today :(

Offline Erathaol

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 12:24:44 pm »
Just like Subb, IF (big if, AV seems to REALLY hate whatever CC I try to use) I get in today I'll be primarily an archer, but a crappy one for the first few days.

Offline Phienyx

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 04:34:51 pm »
I'm down with this.

Tuesdays, I'm usually not available in the evening, but Thursdays are more likely in the evening EST.

We're Angels, not saints.

Offline Demiabeille

• Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 04:55:51 am »
Demi Abeille is aiming to be a short range DPS tank. Or a sacrificial lamb, depending on how you look at it.

As for times - I'll see when you guys do it and go from there. I am Euro so the times will be tricky. Weekends (I plan to be playing a helluva lot this next two weekends coming!) are a tad easier for matching your hours, but sometimes I have to be sociable with the outside world. ;-(

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2009, 01:21:28 pm »
Quote from: "Demiabeille"
Demi Abeille is aiming to be a short range DPS tank. Or a sacrificial lamb, depending on how you look at it.

As for times - I'll see when you guys do it and go from there. I am Euro so the times will be tricky. Weekends (I plan to be playing a helluva lot this next two weekends coming!) are a tad easier for matching your hours, but sometimes I have to be sociable with the outside world. ;-(

Like making the next FA London get together? I know you're new but you'll kick yourself in two years! Haha

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 03:00:50 pm »
mmmm beer!

Offline ArchNemesis

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2009, 04:33:55 pm »
As of right now, i'm probably not gonna be going out killing since I have no clue as to who the hell our allies are anymore. However, should everything clear up the following areas are still good places to find reds.

Offline ArchNemesis

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009, 02:32:30 am »

Pardon the half assed map, it's 3:20 as i'm writing this -_-

-Potential Attack Locations-
Hamsara, Jayhil, and Troll's Hold

-Hamsara -

This is the location that we know the least of in terms of what is inside. If you can tell from the map, there is one entrance into an area that seems to be surrounded by hills/mountains... Setun and I tried getting as close as possible to the inside but there was quite a large amount of players inside moving around killing and harvesting. This is a great place to have Melee to move through the opening and having our scout unit come and flank from the hills.

-Jayhil-

This is a small desert with very few places to hide. However, the important part here is the Citadel in the center. As of late there hasn't been too much going around since they've caught wind of Me and Setun passing and taking out their harvesters. Getting back on track, The citadel has an elevator that leads to the second and third tier of the Citadel. The second tier has a weapon rack and no mobs. The third tier however has mobs called reapers (Scary looking and scary sounding) but there's IS a section with lots of herb and tree gathering nodes which seems to have the occasional gatherer that feels that they're safe.

-Troll's hold-

This isn't an area that is high in traffic... but it's still note worthy mostly because this is where LOTS of AFK macroers tend to stay. Now the eastern cone of the island harbors lots of harvesters of Trees and Metal while the Western section has a small encampment that is empty of mobs but usually full of afkers. Some tend to stay in the homes and spam mana missle while others auto swim under a boat that is at the docks.

As i said, not really a place to attack but more to take note of in case you're nearby and wish to find some poor afk saps *cough* Runjun *cough*

Offline Demiabeille

• Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2009, 03:28:20 pm »
Quote from: "Tbone"

Like making the next FA London get together? I know you're new but you'll kick yourself in two years! Haha

You're having ANOTHER one already? Can't get enough pie and ale, eh? When is it?

By the way, I did not think they sold snakebite outside of student bars. Please will someone tell me what pub you went to? I fancy reminiscing.

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2009, 03:40:28 pm »
Quote from: "Demiabeille"
Quote from: "Tbone"

You're having ANOTHER one already? Can't get enough pie and ale, eh? When is it?

By the way, I did not think they sold snakebite outside of student bars. Please will someone tell me what pub you went to? I fancy reminiscing.

I believe we went to the Red Lion.

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2009, 03:44:54 pm »
that would narrow it down subb;)

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2009, 03:54:43 pm »
Quote from: "NoCry"
that would narrow it down subb;)

Shush you, or I'll come at you like a breezeblock of pain.

^_^

* Discord

Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 [30]

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online