Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Confessions of a Gamedev Podcast  (Read 3293 times)

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
Confessions of a Gamedev Podcast
« on: October 26, 2012, 01:23:01 pm »
I've been listening to my friend's podcast and it's pretty awesome.  Basically my buddy from highschool (Trent) has been a Game Developer for a few years and is venturing out on his own to make some of his own games.  Him and his buddy Spenser started this podcast to talk about basically gamers who want to make games.

It's rough around the edges but it's really entertaining.  They mix in lots of stuff that's interesting to me.  Basically working, married adults with kids trying to still follow their dreams, and they also talk about a lot of the games they're playing recently.  They have some pretty interesting guests too.

Anyway, I'm shamelessly plugging them but if you're interested they're on iTunes and Stitcher.

Itunes:  https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/confessions-of-a-gamedev/id566813072?mt=2

If you use the Apple Podcast app just search for "Confessions of a gamedev"

Or if you use stitcher you can just search "Confessions of a gamedev".  There seems to only be one episode on there though.
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
Re: Confessions of a Gamedev Podcast
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 02:34:45 pm »
Just started listening to the latest episode and I already dig it.  Apparently these guys are based out of Salt Lake!

What I like is that they are talking like real people.  Too many gaming podcasts that I've tried to get into, the hosts try to talk like radio personalities.  I took a few broadcasting classes and they actually train you to talk a certain way, and it is fucking annoying.  But these guys are just sitting around a mic, talking about what they love, and they aren't trying to make it anything more than that.  

Subscribed!

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 07:14:59 pm »
Will try to listen in later... but props. This is exactly what is needed right now. Game devs following their own hearts and not being dicatated to by the usual corps. Doesn't matter what they come up with, even if it does tow corp line... so long as they try to break the bonds tha's what will bring the next big thing...

serious props.

I'm a total frickin rock star from mars.
C'mon bro, I got tiger blood.

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 05:09:22 pm »
I like that about them too Manic.  I've been trying to give them some feedback... mostly like one episode they accidentally had the audio only on the left channel... I think the same episode they had a bunch of guys over and they were all eating.  So the first few minutes were a little gross... But they're awesome.

I suggest listening to the first few eps too just because they talk about their background which is neat.  Anywho, I'm prolly biased because I know Trent but I dig it and I love promoting people going rogue and doing their own thing.  

If you listen, make sure you give them a shout on the twitters if you're into that.  I know they have only a few listeners so just a little encouragement goes a long way.
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[12] 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online