Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Macro Coding  (Read 5351 times)

Offline Styan

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sullycentral.net
Macro Coding
« on: August 18, 2005, 01:19:41 pm »
Found this little tidbit on the forums..it actually contains some info i think yotogi was asking about yesterday...

Brought to you curtesy of revolt.

First the basics.

/macro MacroName /commands

The macro command will create a macro button on the hotbar labeled with the MacroName. If you click on that newly created macro hotbar button it will execute the commands that you typed in after the MacroName.

Example:
/macro Greeting /wave Howdy, mate!

This macro called "Greeting" will execute the emote /wave and will type in "Howdy, mate!" in the currently open chat window. You don't have to put chat text into double quotes. Just write your text into the macro with a space between other commands or emotes.

Now a little list of useful commands for macro "coding". Btw, you can get an extensive list of commands into your system window with the /commands command. Wink

(1) /invoke AbilityName

The /invoke command will activate the given ability as long it is actually loaded.

Example:
/invoke Stun1

As you see you'll have to remember some naming conventions for AbilityName. NoSpaceBetweenWords. Upgrade Attacks becomes UpgradeAttacks. If an ability has a version number like Logic Cannon 1.0 it will just become LogicCannon1. Scrap the .0 part. Remember that some abilities have version numbers though you may never have noticed them. Eg Gaussian Blur is GaussianBlur1.

(2) /use HotbarSlotNumber, HotbarPageNumber

The /use command will activate the ability/item/weapon/apparel/macro that has been placed in that specific hotbar slot and page. Remember to type a space after the comma.

Example:
/use 1, 5

Will use the ability/item/weapon/apparel/macro placed on slot 1 and page 5 of your hotbar.

(3) /savelo LoadOutTemplateName

This extremly handy command will save your current ability loadout under the name you specified. Though to properly use it you'll need another command.

/loadlo LoadOutTemplateName

This command will load the ability loadout that you have previously saved under LoadOutTemplateName. That means every ability will be like when you typed in /savelo LoadOutTemplateName.

Example:

Load all your Coder abilities. Then type in:

/savelo Coder

Change your loadout to whatever you want, or even unload all your abs. Then type in:

/loadlo Coder

Whozaaa! Now all your Coder abilities you had previously loaded while typing /savelo Coder have been loaded again into your memory. Schweet, huh? (Kudos to Marie for the discovery. Smile)

(4) Now we just need a command to control the flow of the macro. Whoozaa! What's that? Isn't that a lovely /pause command over there?

Example:

/macro Taco /eatataco; /pause 50; /eatsomemoretacos

This macro will pause for 5 seconds until it proceeds with the /eatsomemoretacos command. /Pause 10 means it will pause for 1 second. /Pause 30 will stop for 3 seconds.

As you have seen in the above example I've used semicolons to execute more than one command. The semicolon is your best friend. Wink

So, let's get to the meaty stuff now. I'll show you some examples of creative macro usage:

(1) Hacker Evade Combat Buff Macro:

/macro Evade /target Revolt; /invoke EvadeCombat; /pause 25; /invoke GaussianBlur1; /pause 20; /StandOff; /pause 20; /invoke UpgradeAttacks

This macro will automaticall activate all the specified hacker buff abilities once you press the macro button. Though you have to stand still for it. With this macro you won't have that much hassle with your buff abs as a hacker. I typed in /target Revolt because you have to target yourself if you want to use Gaussian Blur. As you can see I had to tweak the /pause timers so the abilities don't disrupt themselves while activating.

If you want to Update your hacker buff abs then type in the following to get the following macro button on your hotbar:

/macro Update /target Revolt; /invoke GaussianBlur1; /pause 20; /StandOff; /pause 20; /invoke UpgradeAttacks

(2) Abitity loadout changing macro buttons (for ease of use)

Load all your coder abs. Type in: /savelo Coder

Then load all your hacker abs. Type in: /savelo Hacker

Atleast load all your martial artist abs. Type in: /savelo MA

Then open page 10 of your hotbar (or whatever page you like) and type in the following:

/macro Coder /loadlo Coder

/macro Hacker /loadlo Hacker

/macro MA /loadlo MA

Now you will have three macro buttons on your hotbar that can switch all your ability loadouts as you wish. Quit handy, huh? Especially for Coders. WinkBut you have to be at a hardline of course to switch your loadouts.

(3) Disco lightning clothing (don't ask... Wink)

Aquire two or three sets of clothing that are basically the same, only different in their colors. Perhaps choose some good contrasts like black/white or pink and turquoise (O_.). Open a free hotbar page and put your two sets of clothes on it.

You will need two free slots somewhere on your hotbar.

Now type in the following with the right page and slots of course: Wink

/macro WhoIsDaDanceCommander? /use 1, 5; /pause 1; /use 2, 5; /pause 1; /use 3, 5; /pause 1; /use 4, 5; /use 10, 5

(That last /use uses slot 10 of page five. It has to be free at the moment.)

And now type in the following: Twisted Evil

/macro ImDaDanceCommander! /use 9, 5

Now you just have to move the macro "WhoIsDaDanceCommander?" to slot 9 on page 5 and the macro "ImDaDanceCommander!" to slot 10 on page 5. Now what does this nonsense do? Basically it will cycle through your two (or more if you want Wink) sets of different colored clothes and will create something like a living disco lightning equipment. Nice to have for parties. Wink

If you want to stop that endless cycle just move one of your DanceCommander macros to another slot on the hotbar and it will stop automatically.

"Wo's da dance commander?"

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
Macro Coding
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 01:31:29 pm »
Macros are awesome, and I encourage anyone who doesn't use them to do so.  They are like tiny little applications.  They can really make the game much simpler if you know how to use them.

I had no idea how to use the /invoke command before reading this.  I want to go home just so I can code more macros!

Anonymous

Macro Coding
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2005, 01:35:30 pm »
That's creepy, cuz I just sent a PM earlier to Yotogi asking if he wanted to start this thread :D

Can we compile some good macros (for all levels, please) and sticky the thread?  Yot has a healing macro, I know there are farming macros and levelling macros also.  I can dig out some handy commands if needed.

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
Macro Coding
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2005, 01:40:18 pm »
By the way, use these too.

%T    Target name
%TL    Target's Level
%H    My handle
%L    My Level
%F    My First name
%N    My Last Name
%D    My highest loaded Discipline
%IT    My Inner Strength Total
%IC    My Inner Strength Currently
%IP    My Inner Strength Percent
%S    My Simulacra's Name
%HT    My Health Total
%HC    My Health Current
%HP    My Health Percent
%NH    My Neighborhood
%MN    Mission Name
%MO    Mission Org
%MS    Mission Sponsor
%TS    Target Subjective
%TO    Target Objective
%TP    Target Possessive
%SS    Simulacra Subjective
%SO    Simulacra Objective
%SP    Simulacra Possessive
%G1    First Group member's Name
%G2    Second Group member's Name
%G3    Third Group member's Name
%G4    Fourth Group member's Name
%G5    Fifth Group member's Name
%G6    Sixth Group member's Name
%G7    Seventh Group member's Name
%G8    Eighth Group member's Name

Offline Eroz

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Macro Coding
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2005, 02:13:35 pm »
Wait, so a teleporter can have marco like /macro Save1 /invoke RecallTeamMember %G1 ?
"Have you ever tried to dismantle a snowball?" - Linus, Peanut's Gang.

Offline Eroz

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Macro Coding
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2005, 02:14:17 pm »
Quote from: "Chahk "

>revolt_ wrote:
    (1) /invoke AbilityName

The /invoke command will activate the given ability as long it is actually loaded.

Example:
    /invoke Stun1

As you see you'll have to remember some naming conventions for AbilityName. NoSpaceBetweenWords. Upgrade Attacks becomes UpgradeAttacks. If an ability has a version number like Logic Cannon 1.0 it will just become LogicCannon1. Scrap the .0 part. Remember that some abilities have version numbers though you may never have noticed them. Eg Gaussian Blur is GaussianBlur1.

Thanks!  Never knew about this one!

Important note: The /invoke command is case-sensitive, so make sure to capitalize the ability names properly.  E.g. "/invoke EvadeCombat" is correct, while "/invoke evadecombat" or "/invoke EVADECOMBAT" are wrong.

>revolt_ wrote:
    (2) /use HotbarSlotNumber, HotbarPageNumber

The /use command will activate the ability/item/weapon/apparel/macro that has been placed in that specific hotbar slot and page. Remember to type a space after the comma.

Example:
    /use 1, 5

Apparently the coma is not necessary at all.  "/use 1 5" will work just fine.  However, if you do use a coma remember that a space right after it is necessary, the macro will not work without it.  In other words, "/use 1 5" and "/use 1, 5" will work, while "/use 1,5" will not.

>revolt_ wrote:
    If you want to Update your hacker buff abs then type in the following to get the following macro button on your hotbar:

/macro Update /target Revolt; /invoke GaussianBlur1; /pause 20; /StandOff; /pause 20; /invoke UpgradeAttacks

Awesome!  This will save some space on my Hotbar!

>revolt_ wrote:
    (3) Disco lightning clothing (don't ask... Wink)
    [...]
    "Wo's da dance commander?"

You do know that this makes you certifiably insane, don't you?  

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
Macro Coding
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2005, 02:37:10 pm »
Quote from: "Eroz"
Wait, so a teleporter can have marco like /macro Save1 /invoke RecallTeamMember %G1 ?

Yes!

Offline Lithium

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://followtheangel.org
Macro Coding
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2005, 04:46:05 pm »
This is good stuff, should be stickied in the Stragety forum!

Don't believe everything you think.

Offline Ash

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Macro Coding
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2005, 05:33:33 pm »
Okay so I know that 90% of this has already been written but considering I spent the last hour writing this stuff out before I knew there was a thread for it I'll be DAMNED if I'm gonna let it go to waste.

If it's any consolation I know that each of these commands work 100% cause I used them last night.

Here are some of the Macro's I have running currently.

Here's one for quickly changing into the FA uniform and then doing a powerpose afterward.
You have to put your entire uniform onto the hotbar. The command for using a hotbar item is as follows:
/use <hotbar position> <hotbar number>
hotbar position = the specific slot going left to right
hotbar number = the specific row going up and down
So if you wanted to use and item that was in position 5 on your 4th hot bar the command would be:
/use 5 4

So in this example, use the first five positions on your 10th hot bar (5 positions for the hat, jacket, shirt, pants, shoes you can use more or less if need be.

Here is the complete macro for changing into your FA uniform with the emote at the end:
/macro <name your macro> /use 1 10 ; /use 2 10 ; /use 3 10 ; /use 4 10 ; /use 5 10 ; /powerpose

**PLEASE MAKE NOTE OF THE SPACES AND THE SEMI-COLON'S**
**RULE OF THUMB THERE MUST BE A "SPACE" "SEMI-COLON" "SPACE" BETWEEN EVERYCOMMAND**

I also have a self healing AUTOMATICALLY REPEATABLE macro which is really simple.

I will tell you my exact macro here. I have my RSI abiltiy on the 1st postion of hot bar 5 so the command to use this ability is:
/use 1 5

The macro is:
/macro <name your macro> /use 1 5
When you click on the newly created macro icon this will run the command once. Not really of any benefit when you could have just clicked on the ability itself in the first place. Here's the trick to making it repeatable.

Determine where your newly created macro will wind up for example let's say that when your done making the macro it will appear in postion 7 of hotbar 5. To make it repeatable just add another "use" command to the end of the macro.
So the macro will look like this:
/macro <name your macro> /use 1 5 ; /use 7 5

By doing this it puts the macro on a continual loop and thereby continually runs the RSI ability I have loaded in that slot. **THIS WORKS FOR ANY ABILITY YOU'D LIKE TO SEE REPEATED AUTOMATICALLY**

Now if you try this out you may notice that the macro will run itself every single second and you'll start getting messages appear that say you can't use this ability for 3 more seconds...then 2 more seconds...and then 1 more second...This can get quite annoying. Well thanks to Destyn's searching yesterday he located a pause command for that will tell the macro to only re-run after a set amount of time.

The pause command is as follows:
/pause 10
10 is equal to approx. 1 second

So here is my complete self-healing automatically repeating macro:

/macro <name your macro> /use 1 5 ; /pause 50 ; /use 7 5

Now with this particular ability you must target yourself so that it knows to heal you personally. To do this just insert this command as the first command after <name your macro>
/target %H (for some reason the H must be cap's)
Example: /macro <name your macro> /target %H ; /use 1 5 ; /pause 50 ; /use 7 5

This macro runs my RSI ability every 5 seconds thereby healing me automatically.

To cancel any self-repeating macro either type
/cancel

or

create another macro like this:

/macro <name your macro> /cancel

Let me know if you have any questions.

_Yotogi

P.S. Finished my very first Sig earlier today, not too terrible considering I'm teaching myself Photshop and Image Ready and using a template but I'm slowly getting it.

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men"

Anonymous

Macro Coding
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2005, 06:39:00 pm »
Id like to see one of those farming commands :)

Offline Eroz

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Macro Coding
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2005, 07:12:53 pm »
Wait a minute, somewhere there should be a file for this. Seeing how you have to change the name of your folder for you hotbar to work. But I'm too lazy to find it right now. (Not really lazy, but I've been looking for server list on TEQIM and just burned out.)

Offline Ash

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Macro Coding
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2005, 08:08:26 pm »
This may be what you're looking for Eroz

To restore your old hot bar go to this folder:

C:\Program Files\Monolith Productions\The Matrix Online\Profiles

and rename the folder that has your current account name on it to the same account name you had before the switch over to Sony.

Of course this only applies if you were un able to keep your same account name during the switch.

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men"

Offline Eroz

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Macro Coding
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2005, 08:33:12 pm »
No, somewhere there should be a file to define what is in my hotbar. Exsp the macro I have listed in it, so when you mess up that one letter, instead of having to rewrite the macro you can just go and edit that file.

Offline Styan

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sullycentral.net
Macro Coding
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2005, 09:33:28 pm »
Ok first thought was as long as it was stored as text, you could search the files for the string of commands you used in the macro... i searched "/use" because i have 3 clothing macros... and as it appears they are not stored as text strings.

If you look in each of your characters folders you will see several cfg files and a UI folder with xml files... it appears that the UI folder is the placement coordinates on your screen of each UI element (the hotbar, team menu, faction menu, mini map, chat window etc...)

All of the cfg files appear to be in some form of encoding I have no idea what cause when i open them in a text editor they it shows some text with a whole bunch of blocks... infact if you open your blip file and read between the blocks you can actually read the individual things that are there (M a r a  C  H L)

My conclusion is that you probably have to just remove the macro and retype it... however don't forget you can paste into the game now... so write your macros out in a text file, and just ctrl+insert them into your chat window.

Anonymous

Macro Coding
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2005, 12:45:10 am »
Anyone tried using a hex editor on the cfg files?

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 9