Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: C.E. Done / Grass isn't greener  (Read 2532 times)

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
C.E. Done / Grass isn't greener
« on: July 05, 2012, 02:04:00 am »
Title says it all...  

I don't put this to gloat only to point out the failed mind set of some members who have left.  Those few who left FA and went to C.E. saw their idea of recruitment and other things put into effect over there.  And now you see the results...

These posts by some of their members sum it all up.

I think the main problem was that all the sudden the application process took like 2 minutes. Yes we were bleeding people and many were not online as much as before (me), but we should not have panicked. A long slow methodical app process would have meant when 1.3 hit we would field one very active very coordinated ranked team.

It really is too bad to see what I considered the strongest guild in the game go poof. I'd like to stay and rebuild rather than abandon ship. We should pair down to the core group of fellas that know and like each other and then go back to a slow application process.

I hope the new guys don't think I'm dumping on them because I really don't mean to, the guild had lost key members and we were in trouble we just took the wrong approach and there was no cohesive sense among the remaining folks and the new people. It was more a function of fast growth rather than smart slow growth. I don't doubt that the new faces were fun and good players and were given the guild tag for a reason, but quick apps means we don't get to know each other before we are suddenly guildies. I've been out of it for a while but I want to return in August after some personal shit and really reclaim the CE name as the elite guild we once were

-sul

Hey Guys,

I'll try to keep it short.

This isn't really something I thought I'd ever do but I am going to be leaving CE. CE was probably one of the top guilds I have been in only equaling my Vanilla WoW guild.

However, I am a competitive PVP'er and our guild really isn't there on that. We rarely have enough people to run rated games and when we do I feel like half the team isn't as into it as I am. Which is fine - I actually envy the people who are more casual. But the driving force in me playing is being at the top. If I am investing my time in a video game I might as well make it worth something.

As my Grandfather use to say... The grass may look greener over there but it rarley is and most the times if it turns out to be that's just because they put shit down on the yard.... And shit don't last past a hard rain.

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
Re: C.E. Done / Grass isn
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 07:08:11 am »
Sweet, sweet irony. Thanks for the post, Broin. It definitely made my day.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
Re: C.E. Done / Grass isn't greener
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 08:16:25 am »
Quote from: "Broin"
As my Grandfather use to say... The grass may look greener over there but it rarley is and most the times if it turns out to be that's just because they put shit down on the yard.... And shit don't last past a hard rain.

I think your grandpa and my grandpa may have had some kind of Borg hive-mind.

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 12:41:48 pm »
I have memorised this phrase for when I am a grandfather.

Offline Lithium

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://followtheangel.org
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 01:45:34 pm »
They have some dirty laundry that is being aired very publicly right now and it appears their leadership core has up and openly folded.

I think this is a perfect example of the resolve of FA vs. the rest. I'm very proud to be in FA and of everyone who has stuck it out as we continue to lead in both PvP and PvE--in both sunny and stormy weather.

Don't believe everything you think.

Offline Longboard

• RIFTER
  • Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 02:36:57 pm »
Some of their members were not to thrilled with a guild merger that occurred with one of the guilds that transferred to Jung Ma. I heard the new guild members were arrogant and hard to play with. I don't know the name of the guild but I know we heard the same rumblings about that guild from perspective FA members.

"It's my hokey religion, you can have your blaster!"

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 08:39:54 pm »
Ah.... yeah did we interview those guys?

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline Mharz

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 09:14:07 pm »
Unfortunate turn of events.

Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of irony.  (Yeah I went there and quoted Morpheus...)

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 249