Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: WHAT'S IN A NAME....  (Read 11417 times)

Anonymous

WHAT'S IN A NAME....
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2004, 08:14:49 pm »
Very nice =)

At first I was worried that you were a smart Diablo II "n00b". Everyone knows Diablo II's multiplayer was... well, the net code was good, but I think the proper l337 phrase is "teh s|_|><><0|2".

Anonymous

WHAT'S IN A NAME....
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2004, 02:44:50 pm »
wow i feel left out now, my name has no referance to mithology or the bible, it is simple. my last name is pipkin, and i own a tippmann paint ball gun, i put 2 and 2 together and made 4, then came up with my name. i noticed that it wasn't used much any where and it just kinda got stuck. If I wasnt using pippmann it would probably be Cloud.(FF7)

Anonymous

WHAT'S IN A NAME....
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2004, 05:03:24 pm »
Firstborn...

Wow, really cool tread. From the Angel reference one could guess that there would be a lot of God references too. I'm liking that mucho. I looked for a cool "angel" moniker, but they'd been taken. Firstborn is from the bible, but I had to cut it back from "Firstborn from the dead" (Jesus). It's funny, but I'm not really the firstborn of my family. But I do like to get there "the firstest with the mostest!"

You wish to see; listen.  Hearing is a step toward Vision.
    - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
WHAT'S IN A NAME....
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2004, 05:32:52 pm »
Those are some great replies... As for myself:  Broin is a celtic name meaning raven... Ravens of course are known to be harbingers of new for either ill or good.  I choose it because in the game I see the FA's as harbingers, or bringers of enlightenment to those still trapped inside the Matrix.

I particularly like Enoc's name.  It flows with the furious angels theme and in the book of Enoch you will find references to the Nephalim.  Who some might describe as furious angels.

Now for the big question... Where did the big guy come up with his name?  What say you Tbone?   :D

Go ahead, make my day.

Anonymous

WHAT'S IN A NAME....
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2004, 05:45:04 pm »
Oh man...I own a Tippman too!

*loves paintball*

Offline Eroz

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
WHAT'S IN A NAME....
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2004, 05:48:54 pm »
Tbone's name...... He's the steak man.

Not Really... It had something to do with a Trombone.
"Have you ever tried to dismantle a snowball?" - Linus, Peanut's Gang.

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
WHAT'S IN A NAME....
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2004, 05:55:55 pm »
So like George Kastanza in the Sienfeild episode where he wanted to be called TBone, and not like TBone in the Clifford the Big Red Dog show...?  Man I shouldn't of post this... Especially since I'm a new guy but here goes...  :D   REMEMBER ITS ALL ABOUT THE LOVE  ;2)

Go ahead, make my day.

Anonymous

WHAT'S IN A NAME....
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2004, 02:28:03 pm »
Nobuyuki

Well, Nobuyuki is (brace yourself) a Japanese name. A rather common surtitle, I originaly lifted the name from the Anime Series "Tenchi Muyo", the main character's father being Nobuyuki Masaki.

I enjoyed Nobu in particular because he was the only character on the show without some sort of divine intervention, mystical gift, or godly powers, yet was also the only one with a stand-up job that kept the Masaki household running.  

Though not Japanese myself (whiteboy), I did get a chance to visit the country on a study trip a few weeks ago. Excellent times.

~Nobu

Anonymous

WHAT'S IN A NAME....
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2004, 02:44:17 pm »
Shniper is an extention of my nickname Shnip and was given to me for my good aim on Time crisis games, i was accurate enough for my friends to give me this title.

Nobuyuki, im thinking about going to japan for my gap year on a teachers assistant placement for a year. Is it a raelly nice place because im also thinking of moving there to live after i finish university maybe.

Anonymous

WHAT'S IN A NAME....
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2004, 06:31:48 pm »
Personaly, I thought that it would be a beautiful place to live. Especially the regions near Hiroshima. great forests climbing every mountian, a good mix of sunshine and rain, easy to get around. The people were quite kind, as well, and never once was I chided for my still fledgling grasp of the Japanese language (I would suggest learning a little Japanese. You may be able to get by a little in Roppongi and other places in Tokyo, but outside that city center it's really best to know the language)

If urban life is more your thing, then Tokyo has everything you could ever want in a city. The JR Railline takes you just about anywhere, and if you take the Yamanote Line, you'll be able to visit the 6 city centers all in one go (I did a marathon session in one day, so very tired. ^__^)

If your in Tokyo and are interested in electronic gagetry, anime and manga, video games, or anything else of the geek persuasion, I highly recommend Akihabara, located two stops north of Tokyo Station.

My recomendation is to take the opportunity as a TA to get to know Japan firsthand, and then decide if that's where you want to live. Good luck and have fun!

Shniper o gambate kudasai! Ja mata! (Fight on, Shniper. See ya!)
~Nobu

Anonymous

WHAT'S IN A NAME....
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2004, 09:27:27 pm »
Tyshalle is the God of Death in my two favorite books, HEROES DIE and BLADE OF TYSHALLE. Tyshalle is not a character in either books, but he is regarded in much the same way Zeus or other such gods are. I don't aspire to be a Deathgod, but I prefer to look upon it as you would in say, tarot cards, in which Death is of Change. The essence of my character is that he brings along change. The fact that his symbol of change is death, it's quite obvious that he brings along a dark change.

And when I'm captaining my own ship, the Excalibur, she will be the Blade of Tyshalle.

Offline ArchNemesis

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
WHAT'S IN A NAME....
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2004, 11:35:14 pm »
hmm ArchNemesis... simple meaning, sounded strong and cool... it originally came from me using Arch Angel, but it got to common so i had changed it to Nemesis Enforcer, which i had gotten tired of so i stuck em both together and WALA ArchNemesis, plus its not used to often and it has a simple meaning that I  will be known as to all machinists within the matrix :D

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
WHAT'S IN A NAME....
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2004, 07:52:27 am »
Yeah, I created "Tbone" when I got my first computer. Band was a big part of my life at that time. Tbone is short for trombone, and I thought it was a cool nick. I've kept it ever since.

Anonymous

WHAT'S IN A NAME....
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2004, 08:48:39 am »
Cephus is the aramaic translation of St. Peter, who was not only a friend of Jesus Christ, but was the one chosed to start the Church once Jesus sacrificed himself for the greater good.

Anonymous

WHAT'S IN A NAME....
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2004, 12:07:20 pm »
Hey Cephus, that's what I thought your name was. Really cool: the first Pope! You're in the Matrix now, you can walk on the water like Peter did.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 [18]
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 22