Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Decent Gear  (Read 1738 times)

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
Decent Gear
« on: December 21, 2011, 05:38:00 pm »
Ladies, Gents. Whilst we await a decent guild bank I would like people to start thinking of passing on their unbound blue and above gear and components.

We have a good mix of levels now and in a guild this size there is simply no need for you to be running around with bad quality gear or the wrong gear for your level.

Therefore, in the first instance, please offer it in guild chat. If no-one takes it please send it to me by email. Ingame name is, as you might expect, nocry.

In the subject heading please include the colour, class and level of the item (obviously where this is possible).

Look forward to getting lots of emails.

This is obviously not mandatory, if you like playing the market then do so; this is merely for your good quality stuff which is not needed.

Stuff which is not disposed of within a reasonable time will be auctioned and the proceeds put to jolly good use;)

Ta

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Re: Decent Gear
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 02:16:11 am »
I've had a couple of people come to me looking for the "best gear" for their level. I thought I'd take a moment to share with you the way gear works.

Most higher tier gear has mod slots. With this gear, you can put mods in as well as take mods out. The more mod slots a piece of gear has, the better it can POTENTIALLY be. The gear with the most mod slots is ORANGE gear, and therefore is the best in the game/for your level. To make it the best, though, you need to update it with mods.

Green gear = basic gear. It'll usually have a few stat increases, but nothing you can put mods in.

Blue gear = better gear. Has better stats than green, but no mod slots, so it cannot be improved upon.

Purple gear = best gear. It usually has TWO mod slots of purple mods. Note that these mods can be REMOVED.

Orange gear = Potentially best gear, depending on the mods. By default it has THREE mod slots, but a crafter can crit and cause it to have an additional AUGMENT slot. Orange gear with an AUGMENT slot is the best gear in the game.

You will get some orange gear as you go through your quests, and when you do, I advise you to keep that gear. You can keep gear well ahead of the curve using mods rather than looking for a piece of armor that's better. Why? Because mods are interchangable between all gear, so it's less specific.

The best thing you can do right now is to gear up is to save your oranges and use commendations/credits on mods. Each planet has a modification commendation vendor and many of them have a basic mods vendor.

Still, doing this will rarely get you PURPLE mods, which is what you want. Before you start feeling bad, though, my gear currently contains NO purple mods. They're hard to get. Artifice can make them, which is why we're trying to get Archaeology mats.

I'm Synthweaving, so I can craft orange gear. My plan is to have enough mats to crit on enough items that I can start handing out orange gear with augment slots. Then Broin or another Artifice can give you purple mods and augments and you'll be geared to the teeth.

Unfortunately it's slow going getting the resources to do this, so for now I suggest the Mod Commendation Vendor, PvP Armor/Weapons vendor, sometimes the Specialty Vendor, and the basic mods vendor. If you use light armor, social gear will net you almost a full set of orange armor.

Hopefully we'll have a guild bank soon and the sharing of gear/mods will become much easier. In the meantime, please be patient as we start filling in the blanks on this system. For now though, we can pass stuff to Nocry and see how that works.

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 11:35:13 am »
Speaking of, I really could use some quality mods, barrels, enhancements and armorments for my orange gear.  Any crafters up to snuff yet?  I can pay with mats and credits.
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

Offline JazzyC

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 12:04:07 pm »
I am armstech. I can currently craft purple versions of Skill Barrel 9 and Reflex Barrell 8.  I't is proving tricky (at least for me) to get enough ingredients, while critting recipes and levelling the skills (seemingly all at the same time).
I have only been crafting barrels, while ignoring the weapons and alike, as I am saving for other things, and aiming to level other areas of armstech later.

If you have the mats I will craft what I can.  Hit me up in-game (Kaplin) for a better idea of what I can craft.

Offline Mika

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
    • http://hybridesigns.com
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 12:06:54 pm »
Perhaps people can start updating their posts in the crafting forums this weekend with the nifty stuff they can make so far =D
PRODIGY STARBLASTER - 50 / VANGUARD / VELOX ORDER

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 12:29:02 pm »
JazzyC What are the best Aim / Endurance weapon mods you can make for a level 27-28?
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[12] 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online