Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Latest Breaking News!!  (Read 1071 times)

Anonymous

Latest Breaking News!!
« on: June 18, 2005, 01:23:48 pm »
Alrighty, some of you have noticed I've been semi-MIA for a while. While I don't want to make excuses, it's that time of the year, I've started my 40-hour work weeks, and so during the week, I can barely eat and jump in bed before the next day hits me. :p A few of you have spoken with me and know that I've invested a little bit of time in a new MMO, and my reasons are this: I've only ever played one MMO, ever, and that's MxO. I'm simply broadening my experiences, and am NOT leaving MxO OR FA. I just wanted to clear that up, before any questions arise. Once I get settled into the work schedule and get used to waking up at 6am *shudder* I will be back to my normal crazy-gaming lotsa-hours schedule! >^_^<

Okay, now for the fun stuff!! A lot of you have also heard various lil whispers of a story I've been working on, and as of the middle of this past week, it's passed critical proof-reading inspection (props to the members of the Carpe Diem for helping me out!), and it's done!! Well, not DONE done, since the story will continue for as long as I play MxO, but it's done up to 20 chapters. They're short chapters, 1-2 pages in MS Word.

So a little about the story. I'm planning on releasing two chapters a week, on Tuesdays and Fridays, just to keep up a bit of suspense (hopefully it works hehe), starting today. Each chapter will be its own thread in the Chronicles area of the site, so feel free to make comments directly on the chapter's thread!

The one thing I ask is if you reply to the chapter, you may RP your character's point of view of that specific event, but please do not imply further than what is written, or write in response to/after the event. The reason I'm asking this is because I've already written up 20 chapters, and I want to adjust it as little as possible. I tried to include as many people as possible, but I could fit in everyone, for obvious reasons. You will see some names that you might not recognize or that you haven't heard in a while. Being around for almost a year, a lot of people have passed through and I wanted them to have a little light. :)

The story's layout is like a memory cache, where all of my character's memories are stored in a database, and each chapter is a memory being recalled from the program. You may notice discrepencies, but so far, everything that I've noticed has been accounted for and planned for. If you've got questions about anything that happens in the chapter, just reply to the thread with the question, and I'll be happy to respond! Hopefully some good discussions will come out of it.

A short lil disclaimer: This isn't a story for children. :p There are some situations with mild cases of violence and sexual content (by mild I mean PG-13 lol nothing TOO serious), but it's not a happy, yay-go-me story. It's tied very closely to things that really happened ingame as well as in real life, so please be courteous, since some of the chapters took several weeks to get right; some memories were easier and more pleasant to recall than others.

So there you have it! I'll be posting up the first chapter once I can edit it from MS Word into BBcode ... and after I eat breakfast ... >^_^<

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Latest Breaking News!!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2005, 02:08:07 pm »
Wow, cool!

Anonymous

Latest Breaking News!!
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2005, 02:34:42 pm »
Look forward to reading it.  What other MMO are you playing?

Anonymous

Latest Breaking News!!
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2005, 02:40:57 pm »
PG-13????? I want my money back -_-

Offline Styan

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sullycentral.net
Latest Breaking News!!
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2005, 02:43:49 pm »
Looking forward to seeing you back in game, and to readin the story!

Offline Avzeke (Khr0n1k)

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Latest Breaking News!!
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2005, 02:44:31 pm »
hmm only pg 13......

but awesome idea Grim i have yet to read the first chapter but i will when ever i finish doing what ever im supposed to be doing.

Topherous Jedi Sentinel
Artifice, Archaeology, Treasure Hunting

Anonymous

Latest Breaking News!!
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2005, 04:32:42 pm »
She R Jedi. :) Great to hear the progress Cap'n! :)

Anonymous

Latest Breaking News!!
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2005, 06:00:04 am »
bah... jedi... i think she would make a much better Mithra Catgirl... maybe a Dark Knight. silly jedi...

Anonymous

Latest Breaking News!!
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2005, 09:48:12 am »
i r not a jedi .... i r an entertainer ... only here for your entertainment ^_^

Offline ArchNemesis

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Latest Breaking News!!
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2005, 06:39:24 pm »
Yums!

* Discord

Calendar