Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Update 58  (Read 2863 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Update 58
« on: February 26, 2008, 08:23:22 am »
Some interesting things in this patch:

“Datamine” Construct Is In

Access to a new construct, "Datamine," is available from the Archivists found in Richland bookstores. The construct has no level restriction. It is a PVP "free for all" (FFA) area, which means that players within Datamine can be attacked by any player, even those from their same organization. $info gained from Data Mining is vastly increased inside the Datamine construct.

You’ve Got Mail

There are a few changes to the Your Mail UI:

The total number of messages in your inbox, maximum number of messages, and the number of headers currently retrieved are now shown.
The total message count usually will not finish updating until the first group of headers is downloaded. There is a Get Next # to retrieve a next oldest batch of headers.
There is a slider to control the number of headers to receive at once (10 to 300). The slider saves its position in your options file. It can take a little while to get 300 messages if they have long subjects. This also sets how many headers to get when you first open the mail UI, so you can set it to retrieve all your messages at once every time, or to only get a few of the most recent ones (which is much faster), and hit the button when you want to check older messages.

PvP Flagging Changes

Players no longer lose their PvP flag on death. It will still time out as normal after death, and is removed by /release and reconstruct.
Using abilities such as Revive RSI on a flagged dead player will flag you if the dead player accepts.
Dead players' nametags (with org and flag shown, if they are flagged) will now be displayed when they are targeted.

Changes and Improvements

Players can attach up to twelve items (or stacks) to an email. Multiple items cannot be attached to emails composed in the loading area.
Executing instant abilities while in the wrong style will now change styles and invoke the ability. This also fixes the problem with NPCs where sometimes their instant and delayed abilities wouldn't go off, which is especially noticeable in Nuker-types.
Level 100 Agents who spawn on Zion and EPN players outside of Slums are now Machine-aligned. They will not attack Machinists or Cypherites and cannot be attacked by them.
Sending a tell to another player while AFK will no longer send that player an AFK message.
The Interlock Accuracy Bonus has been removed from some non-interlock moves (it does not do anything outside interlock anyway.)
Disable Security Devices, Bull Dog, and Find Data Node now have memory costs of 1.

Bug Fixes

The map now shows up in the One Zero archive construct.
Recall abilities now work in constructs.
The large programs spawned by the intruder will no longer be invisible in certain indoor locations.
Light prop "glare" FX will no longer draw through solid models.

I'll have to check all this out when I get a chance. I think my next location (later today) doesn't have internet, though, so it may be a little while. If you have anything interesting to report about the patch, make sure to do so!

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
Re: Update 58
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 08:30:06 am »
I really like the changes to the email UI.  My inventory and inbox have never been cleaner.

The Datamine construct is interesting.  It's nice having a new place to explore, despite it not being all that big.  I don't know what my problem was, but I was failing about 7 out of 10 taps on average when I was in there yesterday.  It got a little discouraging.

Dead players' nametags (with org and flag shown, if they are flagged) will now be displayed when they are targeted. - This is the weirdest change for me.  I'm so used to seeing player's names disappear when they die, but when they're laying dead on the ground and I still have them targeted with their name highlighted, I keep thinking I'm lagging.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 08:54:06 am »
So if you press "c", does it still target them as an enemy? In other words, can dead people get in the way of a battle if you are auto-targeting?

Also, if you send 12 items in an email, do you have to take all or none from the email? For instance, let's say I group up all my beta gear into one email, but I just want to take out my beta glasses, do I have to take all the items in order to get it?

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 03:15:32 pm »
Quote from: "Tbone"
So if you press "c", does it still target them as an enemy? In other words, can dead people get in the way of a battle if you are auto-targeting?

Also, if you send 12 items in an email, do you have to take all or none from the email? For instance, let's say I group up all my beta gear into one email, but I just want to take out my beta glasses, do I have to take all the items in order to get it?

I didn't think to try hitting C next to a dead hostile.  I assume that it would not target the corpse.  That would just be stupid.  The best strategy would be to remain dead so the reds would have a harder time targeting live opponents.  I think it's just the act of clicking on a corpse results in the player's name being highlighted above the body with an empty health bar.

As for the email attachments, you can double-click which attachments you want to pull from an email.  The only problem is that you eventually have to pull all the items out anyway and resend them all in one email, if you want to keep things neat and tidy.  

*TANGENT*
Not being able to run two Hyper defenses is a major pain in the ass as an MA.  There's absolutely no sound reason to get into interlock anymore.  Unless you want to hand out CQ's like candy.

Offline Da6onet

• VETERAN ANGEL
  • I shall either find a way or make one.
    • View Profile
    • JPL
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 03:45:13 pm »
Quote from: "ManicVelocity"

*TANGENT*
Not being able to run two Hyper defenses is a major pain in the ass as an MA.  There's absolutely no sound reason to get into interlock anymore.  Unless you want to hand out CQ's like candy.

Well it's really not that different than before. You could only run hyper-deflect and one operative defense. However, there were not, and still are not, many hackers out there.

However yes, interlocking in pvp has three potential outcomes.

1 - You're outnumbered and get zerged
2 - You find yourself 1 on 1 and will probably still lose unless they're hacker.
3 - You're part of a zerg and just trying to keep someone busy while they get zerged

That said, with the commando gear I've got my sniper build up to 110% damage bonus and it's always good fun. Only problem is that many people now have sneak in their build and it's hard to shoot at each other if everyone is invisible.
If all the world's problems were solved today, what would you have left to do tomorrow?

NEED NEW SIGNATURE, CAN PAY IN THE FORM OF BEER!!!

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 11:33:20 am »
Quote from: "Da6onet"
Well it's really not that different than before. You could only run hyper-deflect and one operative defense. However, there were not, and still are not, many hackers out there.

However yes, interlocking in pvp has three potential outcomes.

1 - You're outnumbered and get zerged
2 - You find yourself 1 on 1 and will probably still lose unless they're hacker.
3 - You're part of a zerg and just trying to keep someone busy while they get zerged

At least under Update 57, an MA would have some sliver of a chance of surviving a 2v1, even if it meant hyper-jumping away after winning the initial interlock battle.

I just don't think that having a slight defense against one class should mean that I'm open for complete decimation by all the other classes.

Offline Da6onet

• VETERAN ANGEL
  • I shall either find a way or make one.
    • View Profile
    • JPL
Update 58
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 01:49:49 pm »
I agree Manic, but the devs are nubs and only deal in the world of duels.
If all the world's problems were solved today, what would you have left to do tomorrow?

NEED NEW SIGNATURE, CAN PAY IN THE FORM OF BEER!!!

Offline Pirus

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Update 58
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 02:12:29 pm »
I like the idea of having any 2 defenses loaded at once  ect... thrown and ballistic :)

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
Update 58
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2008, 05:17:11 am »
In other news, there is a new Data Tap that will be coming out that will be given to limited amounts of people.

It's going to be a luggable, and should give a lot more info (and hopefully less failing) than the 0.4 Scramblers.

We may have to have a group guarding the one/two people data tapping with the luggable. Of course, the info they gain would be split amongst everyone defending the data tappers, as well.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Strod

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
Update 58
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2008, 07:44:12 am »
So it's a lugg for the area or a perma gift only given to certain people for all time?

Edit:

It's just a lugg man, kill to get live to contain.

Furious since 2006.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
Update 58
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2008, 01:33:39 pm »
Quote from: "Anamodiel"
Of course, the info they gain would be split amongst everyone defending the data tappers, as well.

Are we sure about this?  I could be wrong, but I think tapping nodes only awards $info to the person doing the tapping even if they're on a mission team.  Besides, Datamine obviously isn't geared towards teamwork anyway, considering the FFA mechanic.

I'm guessing two or three of these will be placed in Datamine in the next update.

Offline Pirus

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Update 58
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2008, 01:58:54 pm »
Ana may have meant that he would share the info with those of us who helped him with the farming, and in turn would expect the same from us.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
Update 58
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2008, 03:46:11 pm »
I was in Datamine today for about 20 minutes. It was a pretty cool area, and I managed to farm about 4 million in that time and get killed by Rogan and his four-some buddies. I didn't say anything in chat, just moved along and called him a douche in my head. He must have somehow heard me...

I immediately CCR'd him. If this isn't taken care of with-in a week, I will be sure to PM Virrago and explain it to him. He sends me shit like this every single time that he kills me, and I'm really sick of it.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Update 58
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2008, 04:11:55 pm »
What a cock bag.

Call him a failure.... he'll understand ;)

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
Update 58
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2008, 10:33:52 am »
/ignore everyone who gives you shit.  Don't discriminate.  Even if it's meaningless trash talk during pvp.  I give people one chance to not make complete asses of themselves and that's it.  There's no point in having to tolerate useless people if you can avoid it.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 28