Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Politics  (Read 123413 times)

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Politics
« Reply #375 on: November 08, 2012, 03:17:41 am »
Quote from: "Da6onet"
4. Monetary collapse.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing a global monetary collapse. Well... that is I would if I could see through to the other side in my lifetime.

I'm a total frickin rock star from mars.
C'mon bro, I got tiger blood.

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
Politics
« Reply #376 on: November 08, 2012, 09:41:25 am »
Day's point 3 is being echoed loud and clear in the British papers.

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Politics
« Reply #377 on: November 08, 2012, 12:19:50 pm »
As I am a Brit, from the nation that is far superior than yours (except in the race of the most clogged arteries; however, we are closing down), I feel as if you should all personally read a letter from Her Majesty.

A MESSAGE FROM THE QUEEN

To the citizens of the United States of America from Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II

In light of your failure in recent years to nominate competent candidates for President of the USA and thus to govern yourselves, we hereby give notice of the revocation of your independence, effective immediately. (You should look up 'revocation' in the Oxford English Dictionary.)

Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II will resume monarchical duties over all states, commonwealths, and territories (except North Dakota, which she does not fancy).

Your new Prime Minister, David Cameron, will appoint a Governor for America without the need for further elections.

Congress and the Senate will be disbanded. A questionnaire may be circulated next year to determine whether any of you noticed.

To aid in the transition to a British Crown dependency, the following rules are introduced with immediate effect:

-----------------------

1. The letter 'U' will be reinstated in words such as 'colour,' 'favour,' 'labour' and 'neighbour.' Likewise, you will learn to spell 'doughnut' without skipping half the letters, and the suffix '-ize' will be replaced by the suffix '-ise.' Generally, you will be expected to raise your vocabulary to acceptable levels. (look up 'vocabulary').

------------------------

2. Using the same twenty-seven words interspersed with filler noises such as ''like' and 'you know' is an unacceptable and inefficient form of communication. There is no such thing as U.S. English. We will let Microsoft know on your behalf. The Microsoft spell-checker will be adjusted to take into account the reinstated letter 'u'' and the elimination of '-ize.'

-------------------

3. July 4th will no longer be celebrated as a holiday.

-----------------

4. You will learn to resolve personal issues without using guns, lawyers, or therapists. The fact that you need so many lawyers and therapists shows that you're not quite ready to be independent. Guns should only be used for shooting grouse. If you can't sort things out without suing someone or speaking to a therapist, then you're not ready to shoot grouse.

----------------------

5. Therefore, you will no longer be allowed to own or carry anything more dangerous than a vegetable peeler. Although a permit will be required if you wish to carry a vegetable peeler in public.

----------------------

6. All intersections will be replaced with roundabouts, and you will start driving on the left side with immediate effect. At the same time, you will go metric with immediate effect and without the benefit of conversion tables. Both roundabouts and metrication will help you understand the British sense of humour.

--------------------

7. The former USA will adopt UK prices on petrol (which you have been calling gasoline) of roughly $10/US gallon. Get used to it.

-------------------

8. You will learn to make real chips. Those things you call French fries are not real chips, and those things you insist on calling potato chips are properly called crisps. Real chips are thick cut, fried in animal fat, and dressed not with catsup but with vinegar.

-------------------

9. The cold, tasteless stuff you insist on calling beer is not actually beer at all. Henceforth, only proper British Bitter will be referred to as beer, and European brews of known and accepted provenance will be referred to as Lager. South African beer is also acceptable, as they are pound for pound the greatest sporting nation on earth and it can only be due to the beer. They are also part of the British Commonwealth - see what it did for them. American brands will be referred to as Near-Frozen Gnat's Urine, so that all can be sold without risk of further confusion.

---------------------

10. Hollywood will be required occasionally to cast English actors as good guys. Hollywood will also be required to cast English actors to play English characters. Watching Andie Macdowell attempt English dialect in Four Weddings and a Funeral was an experience akin to having one's ears removed with a cheese grater.

---------------------

11. You will cease playing American football. There is only one kind of proper football; you call it soccer. Those of you brave enough will, in time, be allowed to play rugby (which has some similarities to American football, but does not involve stopping for a rest every twenty seconds or wearing full kevlar body armour like a bunch of nancies).

---------------------

12. Further, you will stop playing baseball. It is not reasonable to host an event called the World Series for a game which is not played outside of America. Since only 2.1% of you are aware there is a world beyond your borders, your error is understandable. You will learn cricket, and we will let you face the South Africans first to take the sting out of their deliveries.

--------------------

13.. You must tell us who killed JFK. It's been driving us mad.

-----------------

14. An internal revenue agent (i.e. tax collector) from Her Majesty's Government will be with you shortly to ensure the acquisition of all monies due (backdated to 1776).

---------------

15. Daily Tea Time begins promptly at 4 p.m. with proper cups, with saucers, and never mugs, with high quality biscuits (cookies) and cakes; plus strawberries (with cream) when in season.

God Save the Queen!

Offline Sared

• VETERAN ANGEL
  • Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain
    • View Profile
Politics
« Reply #378 on: November 08, 2012, 01:34:31 pm »
I know for sure Broin snorted out loud at #13.

On an unrelated note:

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Politics
« Reply #379 on: November 08, 2012, 05:16:13 pm »
Oh, your tears taste so so sweet! I want to save them in a jar! I thought the world was ending four years ago when we first elected Obama? But NOW it's REALLY ending because this time, it's personal, and...yeah...you'll all be sorry because...he's Obama, and...it's bad, really bad.

My prediction is that the economy will continue to slowly get better, hampered mostly by the grid-locked Congress. Social issues will continue to go more towards the center (away from the right) - helped by the Republicans' need to appeal to latinos, women, etc. Our reputation internationally will continue to improve. We will manage to avoid any unnecessary wars. Obama will go down in history as the first black president who fixed health care, killed Osama Bin Laden, paved the path for true gay rights and equality, and pulled America out of the greatest recession since the Great Depression.

That's of course assuming the world doesn't end in a month...

The radical narrative that a lot of you guys buy into simply isn't based in reality, and it's real interesting to see the Republicans now struggle with their perception of how things should be/are and how things actually are turning out. They've been drinking the kool-aid for so long, that they truly believe these radical viewpoints and it's really an ideological struggle when the bottom falls out. Right now they are grasping at straws trying to find someone else to blame other than themselves.

I think if Republicans are going to turn it around, they need to move more towards the center and away from their radical base. Reality just doesn't exist in such extremes. If you trust our government at all, electing Obama for a second term isn't sending America to hell in a hand basket even if you don't agree with his policies. Our system has checks and balances - it's just not always an easy pill to swallow when YOUR side needs to be checked and balanced.

The real concern now should be if Congress can actually work together to get anything done. The Republicans spent four years trying to shut down Obama, signing pledges to never compromise, and essentially trying to keep the country in the shitter in an attempt to get elected in 2012 (yeah, I know half of you disagree, but this is coming from the Republicans mouths to your ears here). With that out of the way and the Republicans still feeling sore from the ass-whooping, hopefully BOTH sides can sit down and come up with some real solutions quick!

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Politics
« Reply #380 on: November 08, 2012, 10:04:13 pm »
You are simply ignorant of reality...

Show me how our economy is improving?  

Show me how he is fixing healtcare?  I would call it socializing it.  But then again you believe that healthcare is a right.

Show me how he killed Osama Bin Laden?  Really you think he did?  What did he contribute to finding him?  To the intel? To anything?  The only reason we found him was because of the implementaiton of policy and procedures that Obama fought against tooth and nail and vowed to do away with.

Show me what policies he implemented to pull us out of a recession?

Obama is a man who allowed those seals in Libya to die.  He made the decision and told the assets in air not to fire after the seals lit up the mortars emplacements and gave away their position.  The assets were ready to fire and the only way it could be called off is either the onsite area commander or the pres.  The onsite did not give the word.  Those men gave away their position with the laser and then got killed by Obama saying no go over a thousands of miles away.  

I'll give you the true predictions...

1 - Stock Market under 10 K
2 - Assassination attempts in the middle east on our allies
3 - Continued attacks against our forces over seas.... See the news they withheld about Iran firing upon our military assets over international space.  
4 - Additional attacks of terror growing over seas
5 - Within the next 32 months another attack at home
6 - Israel attacks Iran sites alone.  Response back from the middle east dictators with continued aggression towards them and attacks into their cities.  Obama's America leaves them to fend for themselves.
7 - Obama Care - Your great healthcare rights causes companies to stop hiring full time employees.  The general status of workers in the US changes to Temp and Part time from full time employment.
8 - Another downgrade in the US credit rating within the next 32 months

You are IGNORANT... The republicans could do nothing the first two years of Obama's 1st term and the Dem's and Obama had free reign which gave us Obama Care / Debt Ceiling increases to no end / Economic crisis / it goes on and on and on....  Forcing religious organizations/institutions to provide contraception.  

When was the last time the Dems proposed a budget... Not even passed one but proposed one?  Can you tell me?  Anyone. Don't think in months because it has been YEARS.   The republicans at least stepped up and put their shit down on paper.  Where was Obama's budget?  every other president before him has put it down on paper and given it to Congress for consideration....  But he's so awesome isn't he?  

I could keep going but I'm tired of typing and we are raiding.

I know you like to pick and chose / or just ignore what you don't like but the facts are the facts.

Personally I hate seeing you talk like this because personally I like you.  But I hate your ignorance of what our countries foundations... Who we are and where we came from.

**EDIT**

The real reaons he won is because he is freakin Santa Clause and you all love him for it.

There are now more takers than makers and we are screwed for it.

Tell me in all honesty what do you think when you read these words....

From each according to their means and to each according to their need.

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline Avzeke (Khr0n1k)

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Politics
« Reply #381 on: November 08, 2012, 11:54:18 pm »
Quote from: "Broin"

When was the last time the Dems proposed a budget... Not even passed one but proposed one?  Can you tell me?  Anyone. Don't think in months because it has been YEARS.   The republicans at least stepped up and put their shit down on paper.  Where was Obama's budget?  every other president before him has put it down on paper and given it to Congress for consideration....  But he's so awesome isn't he?

Democrats: March 26, 2012
http://democrats.budget.house.gov/sites/democrats.budget.house.gov/files/documents/dem_alt_summary_3.pdf

Obama: Febuary 13, 2012
http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget

Topherous Jedi Sentinel
Artifice, Archaeology, Treasure Hunting

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Politics
« Reply #382 on: November 08, 2012, 11:56:18 pm »
Where is the proposed bill that they put forth Khronik?  Show me the Bill.

Oh and remain silent about the Obama letting those guys die because you know he did... I know... you know.  We both know.

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline Avzeke (Khr0n1k)

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Politics
« Reply #383 on: November 09, 2012, 12:00:44 am »
Where is the proposed bill that they put forth Khronik?  Show me the Bill.

Right here, http://democrats.budget.house.gov/sites/democrats.budget.house.gov/files/documents/dem_alt_pdf.pdf

Edit: I am not arguing against or for any point on anything. I was just correcting something you said with facts.

Topherous Jedi Sentinel

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Politics
« Reply #384 on: November 09, 2012, 12:02:53 am »
That is your boys Amendment, not the Dems budget proposal

AND stop ignoring the rest...

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Politics
« Reply #385 on: November 09, 2012, 12:08:55 am »
Timeline Of Senate Democrats' Refusal To Make Budget Plans Public

April 29, 2009 - The last time the Democrat-led Senate adopted a budget resolution. Also the last time the Majority brought a budget plan to the floor.

April 22, 2010 - The Budget Committee completes action on a mark-up and reports a budget out of committee, but the Democrat majority chooses to keep its own plan from being offered on the Senate floor. This is the last time the Majority conducted a legally required markup.

May 17, 2011 - Despite missing the statutory deadline for a budget to be passed out of the Budget Committee, Chairman Conrad delays the unveiling of his budget for FY 2012, announcing that "I'll say something later - not today, probably... There are a lot of conversations under way."

April 15 - The Republican-controlled House of Representatives passes its budget for FY 2012, which cuts $6 trillion in comparison to the president's budget.

May 18 - Majority Leader Reid says it would be "foolish" for Senate Democrats to offer a budget.

May 19 - Chairman Conrad cancels a planned committee mark-up, announcing he will not reveal a budget to the public until after such time as the Gang of Six produces a proposal.

May 25 - The Senate rejects President Obama's FY 2012 budget by a vote of 0-97.

May 23 - Senator Schumer, when asked why there is no alternative to the House-passed budget, answers, "To put other budgets out there is not the point."

June 7 - Even some Senate Democrats become anxious about their party's lack of a budget.

June 29 - Chairman Conrad tells Politico, "Senate Democrats have reached an agreement on a plan - just now - and we'll be putting that out sometime soon." (Note: the plan was never made public, but a leaked outline revealed that it contained as many as $2 in tax hikes for $1 in spending cuts.)

November 9 - House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi claims that Democrats didn't pass a budget when they controlled both chambers of Congress because "Republicans would have filibustered it," but as she should know, budget resolutions can't be filibustered.

January 24, 2012 - President Obama delivers a State of the Union address that falls on the 1,000th day since Senate Democrats offered a budget plan. Although the president focuses much of his criticism on "the way Congress does its business these days," he neglects to mention Senate Democrats' budget failures.

February 3 - Days after Chairman Conrad promised to hold a budget mark-up in committee, Majority Leader Reid declares that the Senate would not consider a budget for the third straight year.

February 12 - Current White House chief of staff (and former OMB director) Jack Lew falsely claims that budget resolutions require 60 votes to pass the Senate.

March 14 - Every Republican on the Budget Committee reminds Chairman Conrad that the Congressional Budget Act deadline for passing a budget out of committee is April 1.

March 29 - The Republican-led House passes a budget for FY 2013.

April 17 - Chairman Conrad cancels the scheduled Budget Committee mark-up for the second year in a row, a move that the New York Times reported "surprised Republicans and Democrats, who were expecting him to produce a Democratic budget that, if passed by the committee, would have been the first detailed deficit reduction plan in three years."

April 29 - Three years pass since Senate Democrats adopted a budget.

May 10 - Treasury Department figures show that the nation has spent $10.6 trillion since the Senate's Democrat majority last passed a budget.

FACTS ARE A BITCH

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline Avzeke (Khr0n1k)

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Politics
« Reply #386 on: November 09, 2012, 12:10:04 am »
That is your boys Amendment, not the Dems budget proposal

AND stop ignoring the rest...

It is a "AMENDMENT IN THE NATURE OF A SUBSTITUTE" for "H. CON. RES. 112", the republicans budget. That means this amendment would completely cancel out the republican's budget. While it is a response to a already proposed bill, it is the democrats budget proposal.

Topherous Jedi Sentinel

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Politics
« Reply #387 on: November 09, 2012, 12:11:51 am »
Better check my post before yours.

You know that what he put forth was not a budget but an amendment which had no chance of passing.  It was a stop measure.  Who else signed onto that other than your boy?  

The Republican held House passed their budgets.... What did your boys over in the Senate do?  

You know it goes from the House to the Senate right... I mean you do understand that and aren't trying to confuse these kind people here by trying to say what you are posting is the Senate controlled Dems proposed budget plan?  And not some political slight of hand going on in the House while they are attempting to pass their own budget.  

You wouldn't do that would you now?

I mean T and these other slack jawed yokuls were all like... Wow Khronik is showing him what for.  Until the freakin FACTS smacked them in the head.... But then again they'll probably ignore the facts... It seems to be the new national passed time

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Politics
« Reply #388 on: November 09, 2012, 12:20:50 am »
Going to bed now... I'll wait till tomorrow to throw another monkey wrench in your flawed single thought processed logic.

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline Avzeke (Khr0n1k)

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Politics
« Reply #389 on: November 09, 2012, 12:36:16 am »
Better check my post before yours.

You know that what he put forth was not a budget but an amendment which had no chance of passing.  It was a stop measure.  Who else signed onto that other than your boy?  

The Republican held House passed their budgets.... What did your boys over in the Senate do?  

You know it goes from the House to the Senate right... I mean you do understand that and aren't trying to confuse these kind people here by trying to say what you are posting is the Senate controlled Dems proposed budget plan?  And not some political slight of hand going on in the House while they are attempting to pass thier own budget.  

You wouldn't do that would you now?

I mean T and these other slack jawed yokuls were all like... Wow Khronik is showing him what for.  Until the freakin FACTS smacked them in the head.... But then again they'll probably ignore the facts... It seems to be the new national passed time

You are right that this amendment was in the house. But you stated that democrats as a whole have never proposed a budget. You didn't say submitted a bill and you didn't specifically state Senate democrats, did you? The statement you made was very broad and as such, was incorrect.

You said, "When was the last time the Dems proposed a budget... Not even passed one but proposed one? Can you tell me? Anyone. Don't think in months because it has been YEARS."

You even gave me the "Not even passed one but proposed one?"

I answered with the dates of both the party and the presidents proposals. Then you came back with wanting a bill.  I gave you what was entered into the record for the democrats. You then come back saying it had no chance to pass as if that is a requirement to propose something. I never said it did have a chance.

I responded to what YOU stated. You can't just keep coming back trying to get more and more specific until it makes what I stated as incorrect. Sure it is a good way to appear to discredit someone to those following along but it still makes you wrong.

Topherous Jedi Sentinel

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.