Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Teamspeak and Nocry  (Read 1581 times)

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
Teamspeak and Nocry
« on: February 02, 2008, 06:23:20 pm »
Chaps/ ladies (lits/ saf where are you!!)

More and more I am getting shouts etc in faction chat to come into TS. I know it helps to have people there in TS and able to respond immediately. However, in my current circumstances, this is not possible.

Each night I am downstairs in the living room with my wife and Baby. My wife is exhausted and, at the moment, the only way she has a sleep is by falling asleep with my son on her. Now, I can not leave them and take my laptop elsewhere in my home for fear of my son either choking (he has reflux) or else rolling off her and onto the floor. Neither of these scenarios is acceptable.

Further, to have your dolcit tones shouting that "there are reds wherever" is not conducive to a happy sleep for wife or son.

Ahh, but you can use headphones nocry. Nope, laptop can do it when I plug into the internet through a wire (ethernet cable) however, over wireless, with MXO my computer just lags out and I can neither pvp nor hear you all!

For the VC events and other organised pvp/ role play, with notice, I can (and do) arrange it that I am upstairs in my study, wife and baby are safe and I can talk. The default position however is that I can not properly communicate over TS. Please guys, I know it is annoying that I can not come instantly to help or someone has to type in faction chat, it is just the way it is I am afraid.

only purpose of this thread is to let you know where I am coming from. It is not to frustrate people, rather it is to explain why it is that I can not be on TS as a matter of course.

Offline Da6onet

• VETERAN ANGEL
  • I shall either find a way or make one.
    • View Profile
    • JPL
Teamspeak and Nocry
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 06:34:35 pm »
May I ask what the specs are for your laptop? (cpu, ram, graphics, etc)

Also, does it have a pcmcia or express slot? (if so, is it free?)

I might be able to help you out.
If all the world's problems were solved today, what would you have left to do tomorrow?

NEED NEW SIGNATURE, CAN PAY IN THE FORM OF BEER!!!

Offline Ash

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Teamspeak and Nocry
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 11:29:50 pm »
What Da6onet meant to say and what the rest of should say is, "We respect your position my friend and we will do whatever is necessary to accommodate.  See you in game."

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men"

Offline Da6onet

• VETERAN ANGEL
  • I shall either find a way or make one.
    • View Profile
    • JPL
Teamspeak and Nocry
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 12:57:52 am »
Quote from: "Yotogi"
What Da6onet meant to say and what the rest of should say is, "We respect your position my friend and we will do whatever is necessary to accommodate.  See you in game."

Can I hire you as my PR rep? :-p

Actually I apologize for not saying that outright, but I was just thinking about helping with any lag/choppiness you might be experiencing while running both TS and MxO. I ran into this problem when I wasn't using a good sound driver and had a low amount of ram (ie had problems at 512mb with a crummy integrated audio driver).
If all the world's problems were solved today, what would you have left to do tomorrow?

NEED NEW SIGNATURE, CAN PAY IN THE FORM OF BEER!!!

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Teamspeak and Nocry
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 03:44:55 pm »
We understand man. Half the time I'm in a room of sleeping people and can't get on TS either. Just do what you can. We're trying to find work arounds like creating a non-voiced jacked in channel just to let people know you're around. You're still in game and active, and that's all that matters.

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
Teamspeak and Nocry
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 04:08:17 pm »
thanks old chap.

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Teamspeak and Nocry
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2008, 11:09:43 pm »
Yeah no worries.... If you can get on TS into that channel that's cool if not no problem.  Remember you can mute yourself in there that way for sure no one will bother you with voice chat if you absolutley can not have a voice chat going.

Go ahead, make my day.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[12] 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online