Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: PvP and the Powers that Be  (Read 979 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
PvP and the Powers that Be
« on: December 03, 2004, 01:28:26 pm »
For those of you who don't check our alliance forum (and shame on you), I posted this recently:

Ok, a quick update on my experimenting:

The Balanced Soldier

Interlock Champ - Fill up all three Martial Arts to get your melee damage and combat tactics where it needs to be. Tactic Boosts will help you gain the upper edge in an equal Interlock match.

Can't Touch This - Go down the Skript Kiddie tree to begin your viral defense. Fill up the other hacker trees to "Resist [fill in blank]" to cap your viral deflection at 500.

Holding Your Own - If you follow the directions to get your viral deflection up, you will notice that you've also aquired some decent offensive hacker abilites plus the chance to get your Viral Transmission up to 500. Simply find the abilities that boost Viral Transmission and spend, spend, spend!

Pros - You are a one man army. With the ability to defend almost any hacker attempt, pull off any hacker attack, and keep your Interlock skills at their best, there's no one in the game you shouldn't be able to beat, as long as you use your abilites wisely.

Cons - You are not much of a team helper. Limited to abilities that only help yourself, if you group with those who aren't super soldiers, you won't be able to revive them or heal them. While you may end up the last man standing, you'll be standing on all your dead teammates.

---------

We've tested this Soldier loadout a little bit already. Lithium and I went up against the most maxed out lvl 50 hackers and found that the match was pretty even. You still want to lean towards getting in Interlock, but if your hacker opponent is a lower level then you, you might want to pull off some Code Freeze and Freeze Interface (or whatever it is) to prevent them from hopping around. Now what we need to look at is what is the perfect helper - someone w ho can Revive and Heal, yet still remain a threatening force in a battle. If you've been climbing up the Hacker Tree, you may want to experiment with this.

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 02:01:56 pm »
Nice post, very informative.  I've got a question for all you level 50's though.

I'm level 33 so my memory is an issue.  After maxing out all MA's I beleev I'll only have like 7 or 8 open memory slots so I don't think I could get too far into the hacker tree.  So would I be best off loading up rifleman or maybe the Awakened abilities like Precise blows and Power shot?

Offline Lithium

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://followtheangel.org
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2004, 04:39:55 pm »
We may have to rethink this strangety now as all the abilitie costs have been updated, however I am not going to touch my abilites til the devs decide to unequip us so it'll be even.

Don't believe everything you think.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2004, 12:07:33 pm »
Only problem to that soldier idea is you are vulnerable to Gunmen, no?

Offline ArchNemesis

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2004, 01:26:57 pm »
i would check the alliance forum had my account not been fuxored for no reason... it just doesn't want me to see the alliance boards :( anyways i made a new acount so hopefully that one will work

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 7