Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Wake Up! It's Time To Get Busy!  (Read 1897 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Wake Up! It's Time To Get Busy!
« on: October 06, 2009, 01:45:24 pm »
Angels,

It's time to wake up! The past month or two has been very slow, and rightfully so. However, with APB Beta beginning and SWTOR already accepting Beta apps, there's a renewed pressure to use this time to prepare for the coming year.

To remind everyone of our current agenda, SWTOR is measuring up to be our next big game. With the game potentially at least a year away, however, APB seems to be the game that could keep us active until that time comes. With this in mind, there's a lot to do...

1. New Website - Lithium has told me not to expect completion of a new website anytime soon. Yotogi also seems to have been busy lately. With this in mind, we need to adjust our current website to include public traffic from both the APB and SWTOR communities. I'd like for our public face to be a little more in depth than the past. A few things on the list I'm working on is to combine the public forum with our member forum, have a registered, but non-FA version of our site, make content for guild information, SWTOR information, and APB information (possibly an apb.thefuriousangels.com and a swtor.thefuriousangels.com). I need help with all of these things.

2. Structuring - Once again we need to organize and form ranks based on the game's structure. With SWTOR, we can do a Jedi structure or a military structure or some sort of combination. With APB, it could be your basic cop ranks or something modified to be more elite. Either way, we need to figure out who wants to be a leader in one or both of the games.

3. Recruitment - Such a chore! We need recruitment for APB and SWTOR and we need to start NOW! MxO guilds such as The Collective have already been recruiting in the SWTOR community for a couple of months now. As much as I would love for our core 15 members to be enough to carry on the FA legacy, I think we're gonna need to get some more active members! It might be a good idea to start recruitment a bit more open to get some fresh blood pumping through (I was thinking maybe a facebook special), and then use that to have the resources to get more detailed with our recruitment. It's something we need to discuss but need to start preparing now.

I know that I've been EXTREMELY busy this past month. I got a new gig/job, a new girlfriend, a new 1.5 hr workout routine, and everything I had been doing before kicked it up a notch. I'm hoping my schedule slows down in the next week or two, and as it does, I should be around more and hopefully using the time to get some of these things done. As busy as I am, I need a LOT of help. You can help by writing content, throwing around ideas, making graphics, hell even a new theme for the site. You can also help by just logging in TS and playing a few games and shooting the shit.

Part of the problem of us all being "mature" gamers is that we all have RL shit, and that's understandable. Let's just all try to find a bit more time to put in to improving and progressing things around here. After all, it isn't just about gaming, but it is a community of friends! Thanks!

-Tbone

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Wake Up! It
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 01:59:06 pm »
this thread is music to my ears (in a literary sense;)).

Let me know how I can help. Was going to bring up with you Star wars recruitment in any event as am conscious we need to increase our visibility there. Am up for jedi ranking;)

Have been looking into APB but for the life of me can not find any forums or what not where there is an active community!

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 02:04:43 pm »
Pretty soon we're going to be able to refill our ranks with our children. I'll name mine Fuse2.

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 02:06:42 pm »
I'm back in university now so my time is even more restricted than ever with studying, partying (!) and patients. I'm willing to do anything for it - I've got a housemate with a headset so I can record VO's for anything (I may even be able to get into TS! :O), I can help with backstories for characters and the faction as a whole - I don't care. I'm here to help; just point me in the right direction :)

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 25