Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: June 16th PvP Event "V.I.P."  (Read 8148 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Re: June 16th PvP Event
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2012, 03:14:59 pm »
Well with the correct times, I should be able to make it, though Saturday night is typically a night out for me, so we'll see!

Offline Zipperqueen

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2012, 08:42:57 pm »
I might be able to make it to this.  We'll see how my weekend goes.
I am the character formerly known as Zipperqueen.

Offline Longboard

• RIFTER
  • Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2012, 12:12:23 pm »
It is Friday and I ONLY see 5 signed up for the PVP event on Sat? WTF? Where is everyone?

"It's my hokey religion, you can have your blaster!"

Offline Tecknik

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2012, 02:59:04 pm »
Tbone's last post sums it up, dude.  Saturday night... People are busy.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2012, 04:48:31 pm »
I work Saturday night and then usually socialize afterwards. I might be there but not sure yet. Most likely people will be around, they just haven't bothered to sign up.

Offline Longboard

• RIFTER
  • Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2012, 05:36:24 pm »
Quote from: "Tecknik"

I understand people are busy but approx 5% of the guild signed up? We have more people showing up for drinking night. I find it hard to believe we can't put 20 solid players together for this event.

Teck, by the way you know I'm attacking you at all :-)

It's not like the Jung Ma community has one of these every Saturday, this is only 2nd one that I know of and we can't muster our forces?

Let's hear from ALL the Masters and all the memebers on how they feel about this? Am I banging my head against the wall for nothing? Are my expectations unreal? SPEAK UP!

Offline Zipperqueen

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2012, 05:38:05 pm »
I signed up as tentative.  It depends on how late my D&D game runs tomorrow.
I am the character formerly known as Zipperqueen.

Offline Mharz

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2012, 06:27:47 pm »
Quote from: "Longboard"

It's not like the Jung Ma community has one of these every Saturday, this is only 2nd one that I know of and we can't muster our forces?

Let's hear from ALL the Masters and all the memebers on how they feel about this?

A couple of points since you asked.

1.  Timing is really bad for me.  I'm going to try to get there but I won't put my name out there and then flake.   That's not how I roll.

2.  The last PvP event, while well conceived, was executed poorly.  Lag made the game nearly unplayable for a while.  It was .. well.. meh experience wise.  The best part was FA assembling pre-battle.

3.  I'm simply not excited about events like these because FA blends in and doesn't shine.  Yep, I said it.  I'm a glory hound, FA grand-stander.  I want us to be the main focus of the show, not one of 15 other groups.  I'm not sure this event promotes us enough.

In the end I'll probably be around and probably show up but as a member I don't see this as a great FA event, and as a leader in FA I don't see this as an event that will bring FA a lot of positive attention/glory/impact on the game.

This sorta sums up my feelings on it.

Offline Longboard

• RIFTER
  • Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2012, 08:17:37 pm »
Quote from: "Mharz"
Quote from: "Longboard"

Let's hear from ALL the Masters and all the memebers on how they feel about this?

A couple of points since you asked.

1.  Timing is really bad for me.  I'm going to try to get there but I won't put my name out there and then flake.   That's not how I roll.

2.  The last PvP event, while well conceived, was executed poorly.  Lag made the game nearly unplayable for a while.  It was .. well.. meh experience wise.  The best part was FA assembling pre-battle.

3.  I'm simply not excited about events like these because FA blends in and doesn't shine.  Yep, I said it.  I'm a glory hound, FA grand-stander.  I want us to be the main focus of the show, not one of 15 other groups.  I'm not sure this event promotes us enough.

In the end I'll probably be around and probably show up but as a member I don't see this as a great FA event, and as a leader in FA I don't see this as an event that will bring FA a lot of positive attention/glory/impact on the game.s.

This sorta sums up my feelings on it.

1. Timing is really bad for me.  I'm going to try to get there but I won't put my name out there and then flake.   That's not how I roll. - Sign up as tentative and at the least, that shows the members that masters are trying to participate. Otherwise, why is there a tentative option?

2.  The last PvP event, while well conceived, was executed poorly.  Lag made the game nearly unplayable for a while.  It was .. well.. meh experience wise.  The best part was FA assembling pre-battle. - Agreed! Showing up is half of the battle though. We can just show a strong FA presence, that would be a start.

3.  I'm simply not excited about events like these because FA blends in and doesn't shine.  Yep, I said it.  I'm a glory hound, FA grand-stander.  I want us to be the main focus of the show, not one of 15 other groups.  I'm not sure this event promotes us enough. - I agree with you as well but since we are not doing much to promote ourselves PVP wise and with all the new server transfers, we need to have a strong presence. Better then nothing at this point.

In the end I'll probably be around and probably show up but as a member I don't see this as a great FA event, and as a leader in FA I don't see this as an event that will bring FA a lot of positive attention/glory/impact on the game. - I tend to lean that way as well but then maybe we need to start our own mini events like raiding the Ilum base or random patrols but none of that matters if no one participates.

This sorta sums up my feelings on it. - I appreciate you taking the time to post your feelings

Offline Kokuei

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2012, 10:12:51 pm »
I will be there. May the Empire feel the wraith of Furious Angels.

Offline Longboard

• RIFTER
  • Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2012, 04:41:42 pm »
Server wide we had a good showing. Alpha Company was the most prominent guild by far but everyone seemed to have someone from their guild representing the Republic. FA worked hand in hand with Crimson Elite. FA was assigned to defend one of the VIP's underground on Belsavis while CE's held the above ground defense. Even though we were the only group to lose a VIP, it took the Imps about an 1 1/2 hours to get the VIP from us. The tried to sneak in one by one and after overrunning what was left of CE's defenses up above, they finally zerged our cave with a 3:1 ratio and took the VIP.

The match ended with Republic 4 kills (all VIP's) and Imps 1 kill. After they killed our one VIP, FA and the rest of the Republic PUG's zerged their base and killed the last VIP with one minute to spare. We actually killed him one minute before the event was scheduled to end.

Before the event on Alderaan

The final moments of the event.

Picture of us and some others in the Imp base where we killed the last Imp VIP.

Everyone meeting up on Coruscant after the event.

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2012, 05:40:29 pm »
Thanks for posting this info Longboard, and for your interest in chivving people along!

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 137