Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: King Arthur  (Read 4175 times)

Anonymous

King Arthur
« on: May 26, 2004, 06:11:15 pm »
Yep, another movie thread. As some of you may know, there's a film coming out this summer called King Arthur and supposedly it's the "true myth" surrounding the age old tale of King Arthur, the Knights of the Round Table, Merlin, Avalon, etc etc. I'm a big fan of Arthurian legend (especially Marion Zimmer Bradley's novels - most famously The Mists of Avalon) and I was wondering what everyone else thought about the movie and/or the legend itself.

http://www.themoviebox.net/movies/2004/IJKLM/King-Arthur/trailer-page.html Here's the link for the trailer and some tv spots if anyone hasn't seen the advertisements for the movie yet.

Anonymous

King Arthur
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2004, 06:26:18 pm »
Im also a big fan of Marrion zImmer Bradleys version of the myth. Myst of Avolon is one of my favorite books, although its unruly length prevents me from fully immersing myself in the incredibly dynamic world he portrays. Yes, I am using smart words.

I truly hope the movie lives up to its roots. It has to be 3+ hours long to truly be faithful to the story at all, which even in the age of LotR is still a big turn off to the casual movie goer. I saw the advertisement during Van Helsing, and it was the highlight of the movie, along with the Chronicles of Riddick previews.

Anonymous

King Arthur
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2004, 06:33:11 pm »
That's very true. I myself am not turned off by movies over three hours, but most of the people I know (unless they were hardcore-Arthur fans) wouldn't want to sit through it.

Anonymous

King Arthur
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2004, 06:40:38 pm »
It looks good, I'll proabably end up seeing it cos it looks like it will be a good movie. Plus Guenevere's a fox and shes gonna be fighting :). Chronicles of Riddick shud turn out really good too.

Anonymous

King Arthur
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2004, 06:47:23 pm »
I know! A warrior Guinevere is something new. That actress is also in Pirates of the Carribean...One of my favorite movies.

I'm tempted to see the Chronicles of Riddick - partly because the special effects look quite entertaining and partly because...well, it's Vin Diesel...And I'm not beyond seeing a movie based solely on biceps and six-packs.

Anonymous

King Arthur
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2004, 08:04:06 pm »
yes u r....:)  i dont know, king arthur has been played over and over and over again. unless this story is going to kick the crap out of the others, its going to be like all the rest. as for riddick, ill go see it. i also wanna see dodgeball :)

Zink

Anonymous

King Arthur
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2004, 08:16:28 pm »
A warrior Guenevere!  Awesome!  As long as they do it well (hold the Xena please), this looks quite good.

Anonymous

King Arthur
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2004, 08:22:50 pm »
Haha...Xena, feminism gone wrong.

Anonymous

King Arthur
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2004, 01:18:10 am »
The movie looks pretty good. Although, for some reason, I'm not so sure they chose the right guy to play Arthur. Clive Owen of the BMW short films and The Bourne Identity was cast as Arthur. I could be, and most likely will be horribly wrong and he'll end up being really good as Arthur, it's just going to be hard making a transition from a sniping stunt driver to sword-clad king of kings.

Anonymous

King Arthur
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2004, 02:19:50 am »
Well you can't go wrong with Keira Knightley as Queen Guenivere.  Damn shes fine...  Also I cant wait for Chronicles of Riddik, looks amazing, has anyone seen Pitch Black.  That is the film  he is originally in.  Very cool acting role there for Vin Diesel.

Anonymous

King Arthur
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2004, 08:10:23 am »
I saw Pitch Black in theaters. I was actually surprised - I had expected it to be another of scifi's awful, distorted attempts at capturing the popularity of movies like Star Wars...But actually, I really liked it. Riddick was very cool - the whole seeing in the dark thing...Sweet.

Anonymous

King Arthur
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2004, 09:56:19 am »
I want to see both of them considering I'm a big fan of both. I've read many things on King Arthur and his legend along with Merlin. If you really want my standpoint on it I wouldn't really call anything a legend until it's disproved. As for Chronicles of Riddick that movie looks awesome and besides i loved Pitch Black. Still my fave sci-fi movie is Event Horizon, if you haven't seen it do yourself a favor watch it. :mrgreen:

Anonymous

King Arthur
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2004, 11:07:12 am »
Pitch Black was a kick ass movie. Vin Diesel was awesome in it. The BMW films kicked ass too lol. I watched all of em.

My favorite sci-fi movie would have to be Tremors. Its so great! A definite must see by everyone. After that i would say Soylent Green.

Anonymous

King Arthur
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2004, 11:13:59 am »
I love the bit in Pitch Black when Riddick dislocates his shoulders to get out of the ship.  It's sort of a eww.. Cool! moment.  My favourite Sci Fi film is probably going to have to be Return of the Jedi, sorry if it a bit of a cliché but I love it.

Anonymous

King Arthur
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2004, 11:37:15 am »
I like Return of the Jedi too. But for me, Star Wars has been dangerously damaged by the latest two films.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 [18]
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 14