Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: King Arthur  (Read 4174 times)

Anonymous

King Arthur
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2004, 11:50:19 am »
I totally agree, but I really like the battle at the end of Episode II.

Anonymous

King Arthur
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2004, 02:49:09 pm »
I saw the trailer...did the armo look a little Roman to anyone else?  It seemed like it was Gladiator on this side of Hadrian's Wall.  I was a big fan of the US cartoon, "Gargoyles" and a lot of the Arthurian Lore from that show, very cool.

I wish they would take some leads from "A Midsummer's Night Dream," and introduce characters like Oberon into the mix.

Anonymous

King Arthur
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2004, 03:10:35 pm »
Oh man...I loved Gargoyles. Such a cool cartoon.

And about the Roman armor - it actually would make perfect sense for those armies to be Roman. Historical evidence has proven that King Arthur reigned around the time that the Roman Empire was expanding into the British Isles. They were constantly at odds with the Celts and 'the Britans', the Isle natives. According to legend, Merlin, Igraine (Arthur's mother) and Morgaine (Arthur's half sister) were all of native blood.

That would actually be very cool/historically accurate if the movie shows Arthur fighting the Romans.

Anonymous

King Arthur
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2004, 04:37:36 pm »
Quote from: "Oronos"
I love the bit in Pitch Black when Riddick dislocates his shoulders to get out of the ship.  It's sort of a eww.. Cool! moment.  My favourite Sci Fi film is probably going to have to be Return of the Jedi, sorry if it a bit of a cliché but I love it.

It was way cooler in Lethal Weapon when mnel gibson did it to get out of a straight jacket on a bet.

Anonymous

King Arthur
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2004, 04:58:19 pm »
Quote from: "Siren"
Oh man...I loved Gargoyles. Such a cool cartoon.

And about the Roman armor - it actually would make perfect sense for those armies to be Roman. Historical evidence has proven that King Arthur reigned around the time that the Roman Empire was expanding into the British Isles. They were constantly at odds with the Celts and 'the Britans', the Isle natives. According to legend, Merlin, Igraine (Arthur's mother) and Morgaine (Arthur's half sister) were all of native blood.

That would actually be very cool/historically accurate if the movie shows Arthur fighting the Romans.

I knew Hadrian's Wall was actually the extent of the Roman Empire at one point, but was not aware they contributed to Arthurian lineage.  Interesting fact; Siren it looks like we have the same taste thus far.

Anonymous

King Arthur
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2004, 05:43:48 pm »
Gargoyles ruled.  Kind of funny, the number of Star Trek actors who got in on it.

Anonymous

King Arthur
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2004, 07:06:03 pm »
Yeah, Marina Sartis, Michael Dorf, Jonathan Frakes, the list goes on.

Anonymous

King Arthur
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2004, 07:59:16 am »
Indeed, it seems we do Asha.

But yes, Arthur's father (Uther Pendragon, if I remember correctly) was a Roman higher-up. It will interesting to see if that is portrayed in the film.

Getting back to Gargoyles - Star Trek alums? This I didn't know.

Anonymous

King Arthur
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2004, 09:21:13 am »
well, it's Vin Diesel...And I'm not beyond seeing a movie based solely on biceps and six-packs.

hell yeah sista...I'm with ya there...MMmmmmm Vin Diesel...*sighs dreamly* :twisted:

Anonymous

King Arthur
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2004, 09:35:51 am »
Lol.  I will definatley watch King Arthur when it come out.

Anonymous

King Arthur
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2004, 12:32:25 pm »
Indeed, it seems we do Asha.

But yes, Arthur's father (Uther Pendragon, if I remember correctly) was a Roman higher-up. It will interesting to see if that is portrayed in the film.

Getting back to Gargoyles - Star Trek alums? This I didn't know.

Jonathan Frakes aka William Riker (Number 1) was Xanatos
Marina Sirtis aka Deanna Trois was Demona (sp?)
Michael Dorn aka Worf was Coldstone
Brent Spiner aka Data was Puck
Kate Mulgrew aka Admiral Katherine Janeway (Voyager/Nemesis) was Titania

Ed Asner, Tim Curry, and Keith David (reigning favorite voice actor, he does the Navy Commercials and various other roles) were all regular visitors on the show as well.

Anonymous

King Arthur
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2004, 01:46:39 pm »
I have to say, I probably sound like a dork, albeit most people here will be dorks.  Anyway I really enjoyed watching Star Trek episodes, mostly the Generation ones and the Voyager ones too also DS9 was good...

Anonymous

King Arthur
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2004, 02:05:32 pm »
There seems to be some kind of cult following for DS9 over the other two; I found it the least compelling.  ST is a great franchise, though most of the expressions have become a touch cliche`.  If I hear about one more temporal anomoly I'll flip.  Enterprise started out really cool, the linguist was a really cool touch, as was the doctor.  The Captain and XO were both pretty good characters as well, and some good plotlines have shown up.  But for some reason, the show always plateus after the first season, and ride out the series until it stops making money.

Anonymous

King Arthur
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2004, 02:21:33 pm »
Ed Asner and Tim Curry too? Keith David ? (who has arguably one of the coolest voices - up there with Alan Rickman and Russell Crowe) Thinking of it now, it actually makes perfect sense. I thought I recognized those voices...

As far as ST goes, I could never get into on a fanatical level. There were some very interesting characters, and I did watch Enterprise now and then, but I was never committed. Probably my loss.

Not to get too nostalgic or anything...but I was all about Gargoyles, Transformers, Thundercats, TMNT and Inspector Gadget when I was younger.

Anonymous

King Arthur
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2004, 03:37:18 pm »
Allow me to wax nostalgia... He-Man, Gi Joe, Transformers, Thundercats, Voltron (the shizzle), TMNT, Batman...I wish I had HBO when they ran Spawn, that was suppossed to be pretty good.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 [18]
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 15