Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Darkfall NDA Lifted and Pre-order Information  (Read 5565 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Darkfall NDA Lifted and Pre-order Information
« on: February 18, 2009, 03:51:58 pm »
From Tasos:

"As of the time of this posting the NDA is officially lifted. In the next couple of days the Darfkall pre-orders will open up and stay up until right before Darkfall’s launch on February 25th or until they are sold out. This is how the pre-order will work:

The pre-order consists of the Darkfall client digital download along with a month of play starting on February 25th. The full cost for this is 42 Euro. This amount WILL NOT be charged during the pre-order. What will be charged is an initial 2.52 Euro non-refundable payment to activate the process. The remainder (39.48) of the pre-release price will be billed on release, February 25th. You’ll be free to cancel the purchase any time before the additional charge goes in on February the 25th.

Darkfall’s monthly subscription is set at 11.77 euro. A 3 month subscription with a 10% discount and a six month subscription will be offered with 15% discount on the monthly subscription rate.

There is 19% VAT added to both the initial payment of 2.52 Euro and to the remainder (39.48) for residents of the European Union. The same applies to all the subscription charges. People outside the EU will not be charged VAT.

For the pre-order all major credit cards are accepted. For Darkfall’s launch direct debit will also be available. More payment options will be available shortly after Darkfall’s launch such as Paypal, prepaid cards, wire transfer etc. Our partners for the billing are GlobalCollect, a leading and trusted global payment processor. (http://www.globalcollect.com/)

Players in North America are welcome to participate in the European Launch. The plans for US servers aren’t finalized at the time of this announcement. We will offer the option for character migration to US servers for N. American players who wish to use it. We have had people playing without problem from all over the US and Canada. That being said, our servers are located in Germany and distance does affect ping-time.
If the pre-orders are sold out, more Darkfall copies will become available on the launch date February the 25th. If they are also sold out, we will offer more copies every few days as we upgrade our capacity.

The initial system requirements for Darkfall are as follows:
Operating System: Windows XP, Vista
Processor: 2.5GHz Pentium 4, or equivalent
RAM: 1GB for Windows XP, 2GB for Windows Vista
Graphics Card: 128MB PixelShader 2.0 support
Hard Drive Space: 12 GB Free Space Minimum

With the NDA lifted, there will be a lot of information out in the next few days both official and unofficial. There is a lot of passion surrounding Darkfall, both positive and negative. Some views, unsubstantiated by evidence, have become almost tenets of faith at both extremes. Now you can finally judge for yourselves and make up your own mind, through player testimonials and game footage. Be cautious of what is said however, by whom, and based on what experience. The beta has been through several phases, and it’s still a beta. The main purpose of beta is to provide the developers with testing data, and not provide players with a fun experience. Even during this process however the game has been extremely playable and while many consider it to be their best MMOG experience to date, others see the potential, some had something else in mind, and few don’t like it at all. Darkfall isn’t for everyone.

It should be stressed that as with any MMOG Darkfall will always be a work in progress. Darkfall’s potential however, being a sandbox game, is dependent on its players more so than other MMOGs. This is why we’ve been communicating with a lot of our players, have been listening very closely to the testers and are taking all the feedback, positive and negative, very seriously. Something important to understand is that we are committed to fully supporting this game and working with our player base to make Darkfall the best game it can possibly be. After launch we’re not going with just a “live team” to do simple maintenance to the game while the rest of us move on to other projects. All our resources are committed to Darkfall, and we will even increase our team size to meet our ambitious future goals for the game.

Thank you for reading and we hope to see you in Darkfall.
The Darkfall Team"

Anonymous

Re: Darkfall NDA Lifted and Pre-order Information
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 06:03:39 pm »
OK I just need a straight answer. Is this game good enough to preorder. I dont want potentual, I dont want "if its your type of game. Just is this game good enough to buy now?
Only those who have been in beta plz

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 07:32:44 pm »
I've had a ton of fun in-game with everyone that's been in Beta. It's such a fun game and your adrenaline really gets pumping at times when you're exploring or fighting because you're always scared of dieing. I've never been scared of dieing before in a game (well, except Half-Life 2 in Ravenholm...) until this game. It's so much fun to explore, PVP, and get your ass handed to you (and vice versa).

It's definitely worth buying and pre-ordering.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 08:01:52 pm »
What else are you going to spend your money on? Hookers? Preorder it! :-P

Yeah man, PvP is worth it alone.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 08:51:53 pm »
Posted on the Beta forums:

Quote from: "Tasos"
...as per our announcement in the news section.

Beta forums will remain closed while we're still testing as to keep the testing process useful rather than tainted by PR concerns. I would like to ask that we keep the beta discussion in here and that you refrain from cross-posting on the other forums.

Having said that, you're free to post your opinions, videos, and screenshots. We believe that you'll do so responsibly and objectively.

We would like to give the testers some lead time to the pre-orders for those interested, as our minimum thanks to your valuable contribution to the project. We'll post the link in here a couple of hours ahead of releasing it.

Thanks

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 09:07:08 pm »
shweeeet
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 09:08:02 pm »
Quote from: "Brannigan"
OK I just need a straight answer. Is this game good enough to preorder. I don't want potentual, I don't want "if its your type of game. Just is this game good enough to buy now?
Only those who have been in beta please

Oh and yes, as it is right now, it's worth the money.

The UI needs work and some stuff still needs to be balanced but it's still fun and worth the money to me.
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 04:03:57 am »
two comments worth making here:

a) given NDA is lifted please could a beta tester link the link that beta testers get first?

b) "We will offer the option for character migration to US servers for N. American players who wish to use it"

Given the above statement is anyone in a position to confirm if the ability for character migration to US servers will extend only to US servers? i.e. will it be exclusive? I will ask on DF forums too.

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 07:36:09 am »
hmm... 11.77 euro ... is that like 18 dollars?

*ponders at the thought of a hooker* lol

Offline Adad

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 10:56:51 am »
It's $15.  Pretty standard I guess.  As is the initial $50 payment I suppose, I'm not happy about that one tho.

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 11:15:18 am »
I like the game...
I like the challenge it presents
The pluses for me far outway the few negatives
and those negatives can be dismissed when you have a very effective guild/player base which can back you up.

I will be preordering

Go ahead, make my day.

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2009, 07:04:52 pm »
What the heck count me in, thats why im here anyways I suppose so lets do it lol

On this note, I've always been a ranger but the more and more i think about it I'm considering going meleer cause it'll be "easier" who knows I'll probally go archer anyways

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2009, 06:11:21 pm »
Hi,
A quick update:

We’ve opened up account management for those who want to cancel their pre-order. You can cancel your pre-order by going to preorders and clicking the cancelation button.

You can find account management here:
https://www.darkfallonline.com/accounts/f/default.php

There has been an issue with some people who have received an email message that their pre-order was successful but they show a zero charge and a 0 balance. This happened because of the time-outs or because of multiple ordering attempt. We will treat most of these cases as successful pre-orders and provided the credit card transaction for the purchase is successful, they will be able to purchase the game. If you belong to this group and you want to cancel your pre-order, all you need to do is remove your credit card information from the account management page and you will not be charged. There’s a link that allows you to do this where your credit card information is stored.

For those of you not able to create an account, we’ll leave the account management on so that you may do so.

We’ll open up sales tomorrow Feb. 25 evening European time. We’re doing our best to make this a smoother experience but again the large volume we’ve been experiencing has been difficult to catch up with. We'd like to thank you for your patience so far.

The game servers will also open up sometime in the evening. We’ll keep you updated throughout the day tomorrow.

Thank you for reading.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2009, 06:17:38 pm »
Quote from: "Anamodiel"
Hi,
A quick update:

We’ve opened up account management for those who want to cancel their pre-order. You can cancel your pre-order by going to preorders and clicking the cancelation button.

You can find account management here:
https://www.darkfallonline.com/accounts/f/default.php

Hehe, the page is still timing out for me.  Looks like even if I wanted to cancel my pre-order, I wouldn't be able to.  :P

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2009, 06:18:14 pm »
Ah, evening European time, so morning in America. Sadly I'm gonna be busy most of tomorrow morning and afternoon, so I might miss out on everything...

* Discord

Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 [30]

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 32