Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Release Updates! (keep checking back)  (Read 12596 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Release Updates! (keep checking back)
« on: February 25, 2009, 04:57:28 pm »
The new launcher, 1034 is currently available to download. You might have to keep reloading the client to get it to pop up to update. Since the forums are bogged down, I hopped into a stratics IRC to see what everyone else was saying. Apparently someone says they were able to get to the forums and saw this announcement, which is slightly garbled:

"Tbone: <nobdddd> We?ve been waiting for the pre-orders to process through billing and it has been moving along but not fast enough. We?re almost done with this. Many of you will be getting notifications of this during this process. As soon as this is concluded we?ll process the accounts and open up the servers for the pre-orders. This will be done tonight; the game has been ready and waiting.
[17:47] <nobdddd> Unfortunately we?re running behind schedule as far as opening up the extra sales which we hoped to do tonight as well. We?ll do this tomorrow as early as possible, likely sometime around noon GMT time, around the time of our first scheduled maintenance. At this time we will also process the problematic accounts which had 0 euro problems, no charges, no balance, but received a successful pre-order message. We are also looking into the few cases t
[17:49:15] *chan* Tbone: [17:47] <nobdddd> We want to thank you for your patience again, and we would like to let you know that we?re adding a couple more days to the free month of play making them 33 for everyone that pre-ordered and that will buy the game tomorrow. This is to make up for any bad experience with the account management, the lag and the delays you?ve had to face with purchasing. "

This information is currently unconfirmed. I'll update when I'm able to confirm or disprove it. Sounds legit, though, as some of us have received payment emails and others have not.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
Re: *Confirmed* Release Update
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 05:02:12 pm »
Ok, the channel was just locked so that someone registered as "Brannoc" could give an update. I've worked with stratics before, so I'm pretty sure it's legit. This is all he said:

[17:57] <Brannoc> At this time there is no set ETA for the servers to come up, and account management is a top priority.
[17:57] <Brannoc> The forums will remain locked for the next few hours while we work on getting it all settled.
[17:57] <Brannoc> For anyone who missed the update, game time will be added to all accounts to compensate for the inconvenience.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 05:06:52 pm »
[18:01] <Brannoc> We are currently hard at work on getting the game and account servers online and working, at this time I cannot provide an ETA, all updates will be posted here as I receive them. All game accounts already created will be credit with game time to compensate.

Here's the link to join the Stratics channel. They've locked it down so that the only thing that is shown is Brannoc's updates. A nice find!

http://chat.stratics.com/content/java/chat.php

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 05:10:35 pm »
[18:08] <Brannoc> We are currently processing all pre-orders and when that phase is complete the game servers will be available for play. The forums are offline temporarily while we make adjustments. The IRC channel will remain locked during this time.

When Adad and I get our emails, we should be getting close, as we were some of the first to make it through, and they seem to be processing backwards. Unless it is alphabetically or something...

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 05:16:09 pm »
Official update posted on Darkfall. They posted it by editing the error message you get when trying to log on to the forums...lol.

"We’ve been waiting for the pre-orders to process through billing and it has been moving along but not fast enough. We’re almost done with this. Many of you will be getting notifications of this during this process. As soon as this is concluded we’ll process the accounts and open up the servers for the pre-orders. This will be done tonight; the game has been ready and waiting. Unfortunately we’re running behind schedule as far as opening up the extra sales which we hoped to do tonight as well. We’ll do this tomorrow as early as possible, likely sometime around noon GMT time, around the time of our first scheduled maintenance. At this time we will also process the problematic accounts which had 0 euro problems, no charges, no balance, but received a successful pre-order message. We are also looking into the few cases that have pre-ordered but have not received a confirmation email and we will resolve all these issues. Most of these problems were due to a combination of lag, multiple sessions, and multiple charge attempts. We want to thank you for your patience again, and we would like to let you know that we’re adding a couple more days to the free month of play making them 33 for everyone that pre-ordered and that will buy the game tomorrow. This is to make up for any bad experience with the account management, the lag and the delays you’ve had to face with purchasing. The traffic volume we’ve been experiencing has been unbelievably high because of the initial rush and was compounded by users hammering the system with multiple sessions. You should also know that we have been doing everything necessary to resolve all these issues as soon as possible. We’ll post again as soon as the server is open. The forums will return shortly as well."

Offline Ash

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 09:22:43 pm »
Version 1035 of the launcher is now available.  Download at your leisure.

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men"

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 09:50:38 pm »
Can anybody access accounts or forums?
It varies between "inactive account" and "invalid user name/pass" after downloading latest launcher.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 10:25:42 pm »
Update made at 4am GMT 2/26

A bug was discovered during final testing, and we need to resolve it before we can open up the servers. We didn’t want to launch to just say we launched. We can’t apologize enough for the long delay. The current ETA is 2 hours but it could be longer. We will launch as soon as possible and we will keep you updated.

We have extended the free month to 33 days to compensate for the inconvenience. Problems will occur from time to time but we need you to know that we’re committed to supporting this game to the best of our ability. It’s unfortunate that we facing these issues at launch, and we’ll do everything we can to make this up to you.

The Darkfall Team

(Should be midnight FA time. Get ready for a long night!)

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 04:04:11 pm »
For those of us that didna get a pre-order in-
"We will try this one last time again tomorrow morning European time, and we’ll open up account management later tonight for these accounts to be able to correct their account data and credit information before we reprocess them. If anyone does not want the pre-order to be processed, they should remove their credit card information from their account. After this is concluded we should be able to open up sales for more Darkfall copies"
Not sure if this means more copies tonight or tommorrow morning.

Offline KnightOfZero

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 04:15:20 pm »
yea... i was wondering that too... my bet is tonight FA time... like 10+ hours or so... just my guess though... so dont hold me to it.. lol
There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  People who understand binary, and people who do not.

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2009, 09:30:44 am »
Did this work for anyone last night?
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2009, 09:49:32 am »
Just taken from Darkfall's site:

"3.00 PM GMT

We didn’t manage to completely eliminate the sync issue affecting players in the game earlier today. Our real-time monitor alerted us of this as soon as we brought up the server and players started entering the game. We need to take more time to address this. There is no ETA as of yet. We’ll keep you posted on any developments. "

Offline Phienyx

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2009, 10:18:42 am »
Ok. This is starting to get kinda old.....

We're Angels, not saints.

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2009, 10:25:27 am »
Of the 4 betas and releases i've been around for over the last 5 years....
This ranks 10th or thereabouts.... :(

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2009, 10:26:22 am »
I guess I should be glad I didn't stay up past 5 am to see the servers go back online.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

* Discord

Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 [29] 30

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 39