Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Oh my! Skyrim ....  (Read 2695 times)

Offline Trushott

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
    • http://Www.renshawauto.com
Oh my! Skyrim ....
« on: December 12, 2011, 03:45:23 am »
This is one addictive single player game...

The world is so huge and it seems almost as if you cld get lost in it

The first few hours I wasn't really sure but after 20 hours and level 11 I'm pretty sure this game could be played for years it's really epic

I started on my ps3 first and got tired quickly of the slow loading screens and the memory save problem ps3 is having ... I picked up a copy for my smoking fast ... I7 980 extreme / radeon 6970 / SSD / 12 gig ram system

And I have to say OMG ... I hooked it up with HDMI cable to 60 LeD samsung and bought one of those wireless xbox pc controllers ... Sitting on the couch playing this is amazing ... Load times are non existent ... I've yet to be able to read the loading screen lore that is splashed for a millisecond

NOW if i can get some kind of desk to sit in front of this screen for SWTOR
I may never go back lol....

I built this machine solely for SWTOR months ago and have not so much as turned it on until this week and tried Skyrim .... wOW

I can't wait to try this set up somehow for SWTOR but with mics and heahones  and no use and keyboard it might be cluster in front of the tv ... Lol

Offline Jesseria

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
Re: Oh my! Skyrim ....
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 07:11:32 am »
Fairly nice setup for a rig made just for SW:TOR. I also just built a new rig - using an i5 2500k 3.7GHz (OC'd to 4.3) CPU, with an Nvidia 560 Ti Fermi, 16 GB of G.Skill Sniper RAM. Computer is amazing . . .

Nice being a part of the builder club for once isn't it!

Offline Milhouse

• Soldier
    • View Profile
    • http://lancamp.org
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 08:13:25 pm »
Skyrim is so very, very good.

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 08:32:40 pm »
Fuck the UI.  Seriously.  In the butt and ear.
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

Offline Mythrillian

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 08:38:04 pm »
I have had trouble getting into this game. I only have about 45mins invested. So I'm sure when i have time i will give it a fair shot.

On the flip side, the game looks amazing. Will definitely be giving it another shot in the future. The early game combat is very sluggish and boring but i'm sure it gets better. With all the people who love this game they cant be wrong lol.

Offline Twoturn

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 09:15:13 pm »
Let my horse jump within two seconds of hitting the button, please.  Let my companion not run into the line of fire, and then bitch about getting lit up, please.  Let my character jump when standing next to a rock, please.  Let the voice actors not stumble over their native language, please.

But yeah, I seriously love this game too.

Offline ReReminiscence

• Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 09:17:54 pm »
lv 63 >.>; sneak, enchanting, smiting, light amour, block,lockpicking 100 >.>  90+ one handed and archery

No darkness, no light, only understanding

Offline Trushott

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
    • http://Www.renshawauto.com
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 01:50:19 am »
Quote from: "likwidtek"
Fuck the UI.  Seriously.  In the butt and ear.

LOL

well I own the PS 3 version and the PC version

I can say for a fact IMHO ( is that an oxymoron heh ) that i think the DEVS designed this game on XBOX ... the ps3 is have loads of memory crashing problems right now i think they just half ported it with little testing to PS3 or PC

on the PC the controls are clunky and not fun I believe they ported that over without much thinking too ... i think the testing they even did on PC was with a xbox controller :P  

log story short ... I am no lnger frustrated with this game becuase i bought the xbox controler for PC hooked my PC up to tv and bam looks amazing and the xbox controller is very intuitive after about 5 hours or so of getting used to it

you really need to be about 10 hours in the game on one character to really truly appreciate how awesomesauce this game is ... its really really good

maybe best single player RPG ever ... it almost really doesnt ever end with the random quest generation system they have in and a lot of the NPC AI is some of best ive ever seen

dont cheat with the ~ button and i really think you could play this game for years at least the PC verson when the modders start doing their thing

you can buy houses / get married with real in game benefits heh/ go to jail
and you could literally play the game for hundreds of hours i think without ever scratching the main questline much at all but youll prolly want to finish it before some of the new huge campaigns come out by really great mod makers... there is some other really really cool things you can do in game but im not going to spoil them by posting :P

COME to think of it it may be the closest thing to a single player MMO thats ever changing youll find ... its a great mixture of sandbox and quests not to mention the random quest generator is pretty cool

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 263