Bush
7 (23.3%)
Kerry
18 (60%)
None of the above
5 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: November 02, 2004, 01:51:26 pm

Author Topic: Presidential Erec.. I mean Elections.  (Read 10289 times)

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Presidential Erec.. I mean Elections.
« on: November 02, 2004, 01:51:26 pm »
Yep, you got it. The official "who voted for who, and where, and who really doesn't give a damn" thread.

Its pretty close.
Last time Florida was the problem state. 500 votes Bush won by? Hmmmn, yeah but how many "convicted felons" were scrubbed off that list? Quite a few.

Hopefully you will all be accounted for when you hand in your ballot paper.
http://www.bsdunix.ch/public/Voting_Machine.wmv

Please no flaming, we all have different opinions, and there are various facts around. Lets have a good debate.

I'm a total frickin rock star from mars.
C'mon bro, I got tiger blood.

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2004, 02:05:52 pm »
I was wondering when this thread would pop up.

Since it's on topic i'd just like to state that the electoral college is retarded.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2004, 02:48:13 pm »
I would tend to agree with that statement, Syntax

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2004, 03:40:26 pm »
It is definitely antiquated.  It's a pretty good way of twisting the people's will.  The popular vote is all that should matter.

Funny link by the way ket.

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2004, 04:22:13 pm »
What a bunch of yutzes....  :D

The electoral college is not retarded. It is designed to protect states rights so that one state does not have a main or major influence over the outcome of the election.  It also is the best way to keep special interest groups from going out and cornering the market in a very few states and insuring victory for the person they approve of.  For those who don't know (but should) our process is not one of the majority of the people's will (or mob rule in simple terms) we do not have a democracy in this country...  It is a representative republic.  Nothing personal guys but if your not an American then stop complaining about how our system works... I'm sure there are numerous flaws I can point out in your individual countries political system.

Go ahead, make my day.

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2004, 04:40:35 pm »
in a total non homosexual way, i love you broin :). onto other news, who the crap voted for bush....? i'd just like to know...i mean your not out the clan for voting for him...yet.. j.k :)

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2004, 05:05:00 pm »
Well with all due respect Broin, the USA is the only remaining super-power.  So every person on this planet has stakes on the outcome of the american election, even if they're not american.  We're all concerned with the actions of the 500 pounds gorilla.

We all saw the electoral college crown the wrong guy in 2000 and what that wrong guy did.  The rest of the world is just worried about having to deal with another american president that preemptively strikes other countries full of imaginary WMDs, all that in the name of God (and Halliburton).

Just my two cents.

:)

I still like to play with you Broin, even though you sound like a Bush supporter.  Anyway, there will be no more Bush supporters soon (crosses fingers), all that will be left is MxO good times. ;)

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2004, 05:16:40 pm »
I finally made my descision on who I would support. I'm supporting Bush.

Also, notice how liberals are much more prone to say your wrong (or make the comment "there will be no more bush supporters) than a conservative. Although democrata are more outspoken, the way in which they do it doesnt show well in my book.

Er, uh, Coredump is not insane. I edited my post, I ment my previous statement of almost flaming to Broin.

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2004, 05:17:49 pm »
No it's not flaming, it's just tough love :)

You know the Bush administration is currently twisting Canada's arm to have us participate in the "Star Wars" project.  You know the long discussed missile-defense system ?

Over 90% of canadians are against participating in this nightware, which most scientist say is not even technically feasible i.e. it will never work.

Our prime minister, even though he will never admit it publicly, really wishes Kerry gets elected.  It will take some of the pressure off and help heal the relationship between our two countries.  They were badly damaged by the Iraq war.

Again, canadians don't vote but we're still really care about the kind of neighbour we'll have.

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2004, 05:27:30 pm »
Quote from: "Broin"
Nothing personal guys but if your not an American then stop complaining about how our system works... I'm sure there are numerous flaws I can point out in your individual countries political system.

Well, this is why I created the thread - I'm not an American, but I'm curious of the outcome. We have our opinions, but only YOU get to put your opinions to practice with this election.

Please do point out the flaws in our UK system (for example). I know there are many, and I'm more than willing to debate about what can be done with that.

Just a little snippet of our politics:
I believe you guys think we have more than two parties over here? Well, we do have many parties you can vote for, but the top three always stand out. Why 3? Well, the top two are ALWAYS the same, the third is a battle between the other "lower" parties. Everyone over here has never seen the 3rd party in power. They have only ever seen changing back and forth of the top two. They are scared to vote for the 3rd because they think it will waste their vote!

Broin, just rmember although we are not part of the US, and regardless of whether this superpower affected our Countries, we still like talking about it and putting our opinion forward... I'm sure some of us are better educated about the US political state of affairs than some of your countrymen! (I could mos def say the same in reverse)

edit:
heh I read this today, forgot to mention it:
The Washington Redskins have proved to be a time-tested US election predictor, according to readaBet.com.  In every Presidential election since 1936, the incumbent has been re-elected if the Redskins won their last home game before the election.

I believe they lost :D We shall see what happens!

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2004, 05:43:29 pm »
I'm sure you guys know where to look online, but the BBC always does top notch reporting. This is quite nifty - http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/spl/hi/americas/04/vote_usa/map/html/default.stm

The 1972 Nixon map is interesting, considering the outcome of his term.

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2004, 05:48:54 pm »
You evil double-poster Ket :D

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2004, 05:51:11 pm »
Heh. I had already edited the other one, I figured that was a nifty link anyway :P

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2004, 05:59:36 pm »
Why can't we do like they do in Florida and vote on the survey multiple times ?

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2004, 06:05:25 pm »
The reason I don't like the electoral college is I just don't get it.  I'm confused on why we call ourselves a democracy when we really arent.  If we were a true democracy, which we aren't, the popular vote would win.  Why the hell wouldn't the "popular" person win the actual thing?  It just seems so freaking logical that the person that the people want as president, the "popular" one would get it.  
/rant

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online