Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: [ Kal Online ] (and other Free online games)  (Read 4892 times)

Anonymous

[ Kal Online ] (and other Free online games)
« on: June 07, 2005, 04:37:20 pm »
So, I thought I would take some time to do some shameless promotion here.
I know some of you are probably getting a little fed up with MxO at this point and are looking for something else to entertain yourselves with for a while.
Therefore, I offer a fun little solution for your MMORPG needs.
I give you:
Kal Online (http://www.kalonline.com)
If you've already got a character on there, stop reading now and post your name in this thread so we can meet up and hang out in game, maybe even form a guild.
If you don't, keep reading to find out more:

To start off, this game is completely FREE. No fees, no nothing. Unlimited playtime. 24/7 (except when they have maintenance). The installer isn't that huge either (only like 170mb...use a download manager like GetRight or FlashGet).
Kal Online is  this nifty mmorpg set in asia in the ancient times (lame sounding setting I know, but it works).
The graphics are surprisingly nice for an MMO game with thousands of users, but they don't require you to have a beast of a graphics card (of course, it's not a bad thing if you do). There are three base classes (knight, archer, mage), which advance into more complex forms of the classes further on as you level. There are a few other interesting little things that set this game apart from others; like when you complete a quest at this one point, you get this weird egg item that once it gains enough exp while you're leveling (you kinda...equip it?), it levels up and gives you bonuses and eventually lets you transform into a really powerful ancient monster so you can fight better.
There's a really impressive system called the "Teacher/Student" system, which is being implemented tonight, that allows people to act as mentors. You register as a student to someone, and when you're leveling your teacher gains a sum of money for your leveling, and then once you reach certain level benchmarks you both get large lump sums of money.
Ummm...there are a bunch of other things. That's what I can think of right now.

The point is: fun game, change of pace, come play with us![/url]

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 05:35:47 pm »
Hehe, I've actually been playing that for a while now just on and off. I have a lvl 11 fighter named Rognack on there.

To name a few other games (free mind you) that are fun.....

here is shattered galaxy

http://www.shatteredgalaxy.com/

This game is a squad based RTS MMO. You create, arm, and command a squad of 6-12 characters on a massive battlefield. With huge playing fields and having many players with their squads about, teamwork and strategy is needed to dominate the opposing teams. It reminds me a LOT of starcraft....

Another "interesting" game is navy field.

http://www.navyfield.com/

In this MMO it is WWII and you are in charge of a ship. As you progress and gain xp and such you can better your ship's armor and equipment (or get a better ship). In combat you control your ship and along with many others, go head to head against the opposing force in the deep blue sea. The controls are at first very confusing, but after you get use to them you'll notice the game is extremely addicting.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 05:53:04 pm »
Whoa that looks tight!! IS there a ninja class cause im so all over it!  Is it in english cause the screenshots look like its in Korean.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 06:01:45 pm »
I am not sure if there is a specific ninja class... but there are some ninja weapons available later on......

When you start as a knight you feel more like a samurai. for kicks, your beginner's skill allows you to behead your opponents just before they die to gain a little life and mana.

And yes, it seems all nationalities share the server but there are a LOT of people around that speak english so you won't feel so alienated.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 06:09:27 pm »
There are people called Assassins...but it's just a status you get from wearing a certain item. Turns your name red and hides your real username.
The game is in english, and like 70% of the peple that play it speak english at least.

So Ristan, you want to play together sometime?

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2005, 06:12:11 pm »
Il play is it free?

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2005, 06:18:26 pm »
Free play for as long as you want. Only time you have to pay is if you want to buy some uber items from their website for your characters...but those aren't necessary at all.

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2005, 06:21:48 pm »
Downloading now...  This looks really cool.

Offline ArchNemesis

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2005, 06:56:57 pm »
i'll give it a check now... *downloading* as always my name will most likely be ArchNemesis

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2005, 07:30:16 pm »
meh, I might as well, even though I'm not into the whole samurai age stuff

Edit: hmmm, I dont think I will be playing this..you can only choose about 3 faces for your character and mages and archers have to be female..eh.

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2005, 07:55:44 pm »
Just got ingame.  Looks promising for being free!  My Name is Yoshide.

Server down for maitenence.

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2005, 08:43:09 pm »
Something free? Attracted I am. Also, its something to do whenever I get tired of MxO and need another game to refresh me. I'll also check out those other two that Ristan posted. Shattered Galaxy looks nice. :)

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2005, 09:50:55 pm »
Servers are back up...

Offline ArchNemesis

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2005, 09:59:16 pm »
mmm gunz looks interesting as well...

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2005, 10:49:44 pm »
Yea Arch is right ive played it for about 30min.  Dear god sweeet ASS!!! http://www.gunzonline.com

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[12] 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 261