Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Your first encounter with FA? Recruiting story?  (Read 5875 times)

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
Your first encounter with FA? Recruiting story?
« on: October 25, 2006, 04:47:03 pm »
2 years and 13 days ago I made this post:
http://bluepill.followtheangel.org/viewtopic.php?t=66

Jan 1, 2005 my request was put in:
http://thefuriousangels.com/index.php?msg=23965

and then:
http://thefuriousangels.com/index.php?msg=25263

Heh, I told you we'd cross paths soon, T.

Beta was a blast, as we all know. FA had MxO wrapped around it's finger. There was even talk about PAYING certain factions for what would have been the equivalent of LESIG. Guess which faction they had in mind? Putting on the FA tag meant the elite of the elite when there were no other powerhouse factions - any that did exist were known mostly for having a rivalry with us.

I took my time choosing a faction. I had been invited to many, but hate factions that blindly invite. You get a bad mix of personalities. After knowing about FA for over a mont of playing beta I made that post just to make my presence known. 2 months went by and I think it was Believe who was able to arrange an interview for me. Jan 05 I got my wings with the first and only mxo faction I would have. I was very selective in who I CHOOSE, and the acomplishments, intelligence, respect, and support of the members of this faction, old and new, still keeps me entertained and happy I didn't blindly accept a factions invite - I wouldn't have fit in with TheCollective anyways. Ahhh, this game and faction has been a huge part of my daily routine for 2 years. Thanks friends.

============

So what's your first encounters with FA? Rumors you heard? First time seeing us in game? First time out of game? First impressions?

Offline Eroz

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Re: Your first encounter with FA? Recruiting story?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 05:13:23 pm »
I joined a small faction called the Children of Zion, I turns out that they had just had a major faction fight and two groups left the faction to start their own factions. Someone had just happen to post the URL to Tbone orginal site (which was taken off shortly after), which I followed and completed the challenge within 30 minutes. And a few days later Tbone email me and requested an interview (mainly because he knew still had connections in CoZ and knew that I was with them.) I had me Ventrillo interview on April 1, 2004. And I think I got my email to join the site 30 minutes after the interview.

I was the third member (not counting Tbone) to login. The first was Tbone's brother, Zero, and a member that followed Tbone from CoZ(their was another faction in the middle, but I forget the name), Enoc. We didn't get another member for about 2 more weeks, but once we did, they really started rolling in. I quickly took over the job of keeping track of all the information of the members (Name, Email, Location, Age, IM's, etc), and once we knew we were going to have more then 12 members we opened up the second ship on our forums (it was already created just not active). I was quickly asked to captain that ship, and accepted the job. I kept up with keeping the information for quiet awhile, until Lithium (under a different name, bonus points if you know it, Lithium you don't count.) and Ketamininja sat down and created the site we mostly have now.

Lately I just been lurking the forums, and jump into TeamSpeak every little often. I plan to get back in the game once I find a paying job.
"Have you ever tried to dismantle a snowball?" - Linus, Peanut's Gang.

Offline Lithium

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://followtheangel.org
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 06:18:35 pm »
I love getting credit for stuff I didn't do. :) Actually I didn't create the site. It was likwidtek. And it was defiantly not Ket either as Ket didn't join til Jun. Things shaped up quickly once Ket jumped on board as he is responsible for the majority of our custom modules.

Of course there are tons others who should take credit for what the site is now. Believe (lots graphics), Kosila (Coding), Ket (The Real Coder), Tbone, Likwid, myself, Ratio, (Seven -- before he fucked us), and others who have made tons of small contributions.

Anyway the point I'm trying to make is, because of awesome teamwork we have what we see now!

Don't believe everything you think.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 09:19:32 pm »
That faction was actually called Children of the Final Resistance. The Ragnarok hovercraft broke apart from it due to leadership problems the same week I joined up. The Ragnarok was mostly European and they didn't have many ambitions, so Enoc and I left that crew to form a faction based on ideas I had for the Ragnarok at the time. Keep in mind this is back when there were only three or so decent factions at most.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 03:07:31 am »
heh, back in beta when i was teh uber nooblet.  i went to the mxo recruiting threads and decided to go merv.  well, basically i was scared shitless of FA and always ran away.  but for some reason i always remembered gabriel.  well i've come a long way :D

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 03:21:30 am »
Jeez how the hell am I meant to remember this stuff...?  I remember back in Beta I was on a non-hositile non-Euro world, don't ask me which one my memory is too bad.  I started Merv because it looked cool, until Beta ended when I switched to Zion.  I switched over to a Euro server during the period they offered the option with my L21 char and joined a really crappy faction who would only take L15+ chars.  They were very disorganized, somewhat intolerant and only had a Proboard to share info on.  Most of the players were men using female RSIs and part-time PvPers, it was sort of like a drag wrestling federation.

I did a Google search on a few keywords and came across Glace's blog where he mentioned joining FA.  I delved a bit deeper, found the video and was highly impressed.  I signed up in ZMF, wet myself every time Ket contacted me to see how I was doing, because back them yall seemed pretty famous and untouchable.

So long story short, I took the challenge, mumbled my way through the interview (half using a press-to-talk key which produced an irritating durrrrrrr sound and half forgetting to hit press-to-talk).  Afterwards I told Eroz I was sorry for screwing up and he told me it was cool (Eroz remains to this day my favorite established Angel).

And the rest is histoire mon amis.

To this day I've no idea how I got accepted.

Offline Pirus

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 05:38:12 am »
i suppose it was destyny lol sorry but saw the oportunity and took it :)

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2006, 07:10:00 am »
Quote from: "Pirus"
I suppose it was destyny lol sorry but saw the oportunity and took it :)

:p

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006, 11:13:14 am »
If anyone remembers Adrenaline, he was a personal friend of mine.  He encouraged me to join FA when he saw that I had decided to join ML soon after launch.  He said if I made it through the challenge, then he would put in a good word for me.

My first in-game interaction with FA was during the Race To Find The One event.  System broadcasts were being sent out by Agent Gray.  I was standing at Midian West and I saw Gabe sitting on a bench in his uniform.  He said "And so it begins."  Chaos ensued that night all throughout Mega City.

I thought it was cool that FA always seemed to be in-character, and that's what I was really looking for in a faction.  A group of people who wanted to make their mark on Matrix history.  ML, and no other faction that I could see, fit that description.  So I registered an account on the website and started the challenge.

After two months, I earned my interview and was accepted the next day.

Still proud as ever to be a part of the best, most recognized, and most envyed faction in the game.

Furious Angels represent!

EDIT: Ah, the memories...  I was such an eager little potential.

EDIT AGAIN: So many missing names from this thread.  :(

Offline Eroz

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2006, 02:23:22 pm »
Quote from: "Lithium"
I love getting credit for stuff I didn't do. :) Actually I didn't create the site. It was likwidtek. And it was defiantly not Ket either as Ket didn't join til Jun. Things shaped up quickly once Ket jumped on board as he is responsible for the majority of our custom modules.

Of course there are tons others who should take credit for what the site is now. Believe (lots graphics), Kosila (Coding), Ket (The Real Coder), Tbone, Likwid, myself, Ratio, (Seven -- before he fucked us), and others who have made tons of small contributions.

Anyway the point I'm trying to make is, because of awesome teamwork we have what we see now!

But your the one who gave us the hosting right?

I can't beileve I forgot about Seven. That bring back so many memories about Ratio/Gillette.

Sorry Kosila, I shouldn't have forgot you.

Quote from: "Tbone"
That faction was actually called Children of the Final Resistance. The Ragnarok hovercraft broke apart from it due to leadership problems the same week I joined up. The Ragnarok was mostly European and they didn't have many ambitions, so Enoc and I left that crew to form a faction based on ideas I had for the Ragnarok at the time. Keep in mind this is back when there were only three or so decent factions at most.

I thought CoZ sounded wrong. But Three or so? What CoFR and The Collective? Then CoFR died quickly, and we took over. Then it was the Collective and us. Aha the good old days of beta and fighting in 01.

Offline Lits

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2006, 02:24:51 pm »
My story's slightly less interesting. Tbone showed me the video back in December of 2005. I tried not to laugh at him and call him a geek, though I was secretly very impressed with the video. He kept getting me to try the game, so I finally bought it, upgraded my computer some, and set up. The first 3 mins ingame I was hooked. I stepped out of the HardLine and there were at least 8 FA sitting there in uniform waiting for me. I remember I ran away from someone who approached me trying to give me buffs because I was afraid :). Seeing all of you there in uniform really made an impression on me, and the first time I put on the uniform I thought I was part of something really special, really rare. You couldn't get me to give up my wings now if you offered me the world :)

Be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Offline Lithium

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://followtheangel.org
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2006, 03:03:57 pm »
Quote from: "Eroz"

But your the one who gave us the hosting right?

Nope that was all Likwidtek until the last several months. I hosted TS and Vent a couple times over.

Don't believe everything you think.

Offline Eroz

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2006, 03:19:09 pm »
Nope that was all Likwidtek until the last several months. I hosted TS and Vent a couple times over.

I knew something big was in there. Wow, its been to long...

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2006, 08:05:21 pm »
I was so scared to take the challenge, I figured because i had been red, that I'd never have a chance, but Pirus and Dmax and many others kept telling me that i just needed to try. I took longer then I would have liked to on the challenge, but I think that was mainly because I kept making things harder then they actually were.
  The day that Broin sent me the tell asking me if I was ready for my interview I was nervous as hell..lol..I told my husband he was in charge of our son and I got into TS. I don't think job interviews even made me as nervous as I was for the FA interview.
  At first I didn't know if I'd fit in or not, but in the short time that I still had my 50  :2'(  available to me, I loved hanging out with everyone, and I can't wait to be able to come back, hopefully soon, and get back into the game with everyone.
  So, that's my cheesy story, heh. The end :2d

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2006, 11:43:32 pm »
Quote from: "Eroz"

I thought CoZ sounded wrong. But Three or so? What CoFR and The Collective? Then CoFR died quickly, and we took over. Then it was the Collective and us. Aha the good old days of beta and fighting in 01.

Yeah, it was like Shades of Grey or Shades and Trenches or something like that.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[12] 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 260