Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: New test ideas  (Read 1173 times)

Anonymous

New test ideas
« on: September 09, 2004, 10:12:13 am »
Just thought we could archive ideas for parts of a challenge, which the captains could see and use if they wanted to.

When I did the challenge, I was always looking at the pictures if there were any, to check if there were words in the background (such as in the matrix code) as this struck me as a good obstacle.

What do you guys think?

Anonymous

New test ideas
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004, 10:15:31 am »
well when we have the pictures or the screenshots from the MxO page, since theres so many of them, i think we should switch around the picture every couple of weeks,just to keep everyone on their toes, so no one can give the answer to the puzzle without it changing shortly after. but that would prob put  a lot of squeeze on tbone with his already "Busy" schedule...2 plays....and not even getting paid for it....

Anonymous

New test ideas
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004, 05:52:26 pm »
soon enough everyone will know what they're looking for with an SS though.  We'd need a bigger change than that becuase people would already know exactly where to go to get the information they needed, even if the specific screenshot changed.

Anonymous

New test ideas
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2004, 06:06:26 pm »
I think we should involve some sort of encrypted text in it, like Matrixdojo.

A simple idea wold be to have double-layer encryption. To demonstrate with a ROT-13/Base64 encryption:

0: Follow the Angel
1: Rm9sbG93IHRoZSBBbmdlbA== [base64]
2: Ez9foT93VUEbMFOOozqyoN== [ROT-13]

The == signs give away that it is a Base64 Encryption. But, if you don't know that you need to ROT-13 it first, it comes out as gibberish.

It's simple, but ingenious.

Anonymous

New test ideas
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2004, 06:47:29 pm »
Encryption of some kind is a good idea but I think that the one you are suggesting is too hard.  

The test would be too restrictive since 95 % of bluepills could not get through that one.

Just my opinion.

Anonymous

New test ideas
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2004, 10:20:49 pm »
If u did that like 2 people wud ever get in the faction.

Anonymous

New test ideas
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2004, 10:22:27 pm »
Yeah, I'm glad there wasn't encryption when I was trying to figure out the puzzle :)

Anonymous

New test ideas
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2004, 10:53:37 pm »
I'm sure others would be glad too.  Something like that is too difficult.

Anonymous

New test ideas
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2004, 11:03:07 pm »
What if FA hid a messge in the MxO forum. The SS part is too well  known at this point, as was stated above by WOLF. Maybe change the SS to FM or something similar. The messge could just float around without a specific placement. If the message was changed every so often the MxO admins may not pick up on it. The folks would have to figure out a scrambled word and then search through the forum for a scrambled URL.

My retarded 3 cent piece......

Anonymous

New test ideas
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2004, 01:06:49 am »
If tbone has cPanel I think along with the changed test, he should just use analog to track who/when did what page from what ip to prevent from people going through it hell of fast (got info) or people doing it together giving each other information.

Anonymous

New test ideas
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2004, 01:17:59 am »
Or, we could ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yup, thats what we should do.

Really, let Tbone figure this out. The past couple weeks we have just been making topics that basically say "Lets give our two cents about every little thing about this faction". Tbone, seven, likwid, and the captains will figure this out, or mainly Tbone.

Anonymous

New test ideas
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2004, 10:18:06 am »
I don't think we're saying T-bone should listen to our ideas, I just think that maybe a load of us could come up with quite a few good ideas, that T-b could use if he wanted to.

After all, it's quite an interesting topic of conversation!

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
New test ideas
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2004, 10:21:10 am »
Yep...

It doesn't matter if you change the actual name of the next page... if the way of finding that page name remains the same, then the answers are there.

I said it in another post: MAKE IT DYNAMIC.

1) Main follow PHP page.
2) Make users log in to continue their journey.
     - This way we can see where they are.
     -  With php, we can make each user have a different type of challenge*

*Think of the "PAWN" in the house of cards.
All they have to do is guess the word. There is no real information, its pretty much guess work.
This can be done with ANY page in the entire W3.

All it requires is a little digging... easy, just enter MATRIX or ANGEL or something in google, start going through the pages and add them to the php database:

a) The website link (ie www.google.com).
b) The name that will be used for the next part of the challenge. (ie "Search")
c) The next page for the user to go to would be followtheangel.org/search.php or something like that.

(note probably better as "followthangel.org/path.php?=search" - which can be incorporated into the webpage.) The exact workings need ... worked on, but you get the idea. It is EASY to do, and you only ever need 1 PHP webpage that will autogenerate the next problem based on the information on that users DB, as well as the term entered in the ADDRESS line (?=******).

Get me?

I'm a total frickin rock star from mars.
C'mon bro, I got tiger blood.

Anonymous

New test ideas
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2004, 05:54:07 pm »
I doubt there's any words in the matrix code. Very well could be, but the matrix code was mostly mirrored katakana and normal katakana.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 262