Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Newsletter...?  (Read 10750 times)

Anonymous

Newsletter...?
« on: May 09, 2004, 02:37:04 am »
Hey guys I was wondeirng about if we could start up having a newsletter. I'd volunteer to run it and everything you know..I do have Windows publisher, and I love to write and make stories so it wouldn't be to hard. I think this would be a great way to keep in touch with the clan, and help solidfy that we're a community that keeps in touch with one another. I worked on the School Newspaper when i was in 7th and 8th grades, and in 8th grade I was the Editor at large. Now my crappy behind school doesn't offer the newspaper, but when you are born with the gift of writing, it may get rusty, but it's hard to lose.

The newsletter will basically go like this...interviews....matrix online information....matrix online gossip.....what's happening in the fa....what's happening in other clans/alliances/factions/enemies....tips for making your character the best it can be.....possible war story highlights....amybe an ongoing rp story submitted from ppl here.

I've noticed quite a few ppl here express intrests in writing, and it'd be extremely harder for one person to do this, rather then a group of ppl. I'm willing to head this up if given the ok.....but I would like it to be soon seeing as how E3's going to be coming out, and I would like that to be posted in the newsletter.

Anonymous

Newsletter...?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2004, 04:37:36 am »
i would be happy to help write a newsletter, i have publisher too and I like to write(well, at least try to write) and I have not much better to do.

Anonymous

Newsletter...?
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2004, 06:45:43 am »
We could write stories like role plays or post some of the good Char bios

Anonymous

Newsletter...?
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2004, 07:08:55 am »
Oronos that's what I was thinking, But the members themselves would ahve to send that in and write it. Or we could have a writer on that....Tbone just has to sign off on it and give us the specs.

Anonymous

Newsletter...?
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2004, 07:16:34 am »
Maybe we should assign some editors, so people send articles that they want published and then the editors go through it, make sure its; ledgible, censored and the right sort of thing. Then we could have articles on the what the where and the when.

Anonymous

Newsletter...?
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2004, 08:04:18 am »
Just use spellcheck;)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Newsletter...?
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2004, 10:00:37 am »
Sure, the newsletter could be a member-run thing. "For the people, by the people"...heh. Feel free to organize it. You can send the final copy to me, and I can mass email it out. The only thing I need to see is what can be emailed out from the site. If you're wanting to add fancy fonts and such, I'm not sure that the site's mass email system will do that.

Anonymous

Newsletter...?
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2004, 11:08:13 am »
Well, we could probably get some cool stories done, and info, by different members who have the time. It would probably be best to take all the news every month and post that in there too. And any interviews, or chats, with Trav would be a must.

Anonymous

Newsletter...?
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2004, 11:12:52 am »
CHECK OUT THE CHRONICLES!!!

Anonymous

Newsletter...?
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2004, 11:36:05 am »
and also we could list new members in the newsletter, and that would be nice, to see your name in a post. And also any god points raised in the forums, with who wrote it, it all biulds towards a better community spirit

Anonymous

Newsletter...?
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2004, 04:41:17 pm »
Sounds good, look forward to seeing it in my inbox.

Anonymous

Newsletter...?
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2004, 06:01:05 pm »
Ok I'm really glad that Tbone said yes. What we can start off doing is probably getting everone that wants to be involved with the writing of the newsletter and getting their emails all together and situated and things like that. I'm willing to take charage and coordinate this, because Tbone needs could be doing other stuff. I really don't want anybody to think that I'm trying to like be the boss, or takeover or anything, but it's called delegating responsibilites. We learned about it in my marketing class. When the manager or so called, delegates responsibilies it frees him up to do more executive tasks, and leaves his subordinates to learn that skill, thereby empowering them. And why not let us do it, since we have nothing better to do, and we want to do it. So I hope that no one thinks like any negative thoughts or whatever.

The idea of having like different editors for different stories I think would be awesome. They'd be in charge of their perspective areas, and all working together as one to produce something great. If anybody and everybody who's interested in helping to write this paper could email me at njbawla@hotmail.com with what they want to write on, and any ideas or skills that they might be able to contribute would be awesome.

My only doubt is how are we going to produce this sort of thing. Like if we make thins in publisher, what will happen if ppl try to open it who don't ahve publisher.......I'm not sure but I think you're able to work as if you're making it for a webpage, and if so that'd be great. All we'd have to do is set it up and send it off to Tbone, who could create a page for the site, or possibly someone else who's sufficent in that sort of stuff, and then a mass emailing could go out telling everyone that this is teh site where you can view the newletter.

I think if we all work together that this can be a hot ass project with hot ass rewards.

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
Newsletter...?
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2004, 06:03:08 pm »
good job guys.  I'm really happy to see everyone doing their best to better the coomunity.  This is why we are going to be the leading Zionist faction!
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

Anonymous

Newsletter...?
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2004, 06:23:06 pm »
sweet im loving the idea!
I could also help write i like to mess around with rp's and stuff but never really had any reason to finish them. so gimme a holler if you want me to write or somethin my email is tramirez89@yahoo.com

Anonymous

Newsletter...?
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2004, 01:13:17 pm »
Yah cool if anyone else has any writing talents, or any other skills that they think would be useful, please email me.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 324