Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Bit of a problem.  (Read 3061 times)

Anonymous

Bit of a problem.
« on: May 22, 2004, 11:40:59 am »
http://thematrixonlineboards.warnerbros.com/newboards/thread.jspa?threadID=2000002954&tstart=0

I was cruising threads and noticed a link directly to the final part of the "Follow the Angel" recruitment exercise. I'm not good with those direct post links, so I'll say it is one made by dubloe7 on down the 1st page.

I know recruitment is kind of officially "closed" and you would likely ignore any emails sent through this method, but it kind of defeats the point of the system Tbone made for closing recruitment. The post seems harmless enough, but I figure whenever Tbone gets back he might want to talk to this guy seeing as he flashes around confidential information way to recklessly.

*Note* Don't post in that thread. Let it die as best we can.

Anonymous

Bit of a problem.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2004, 12:15:47 pm »
Hmm, I asked him to remove the link. If he doesnt we just have to hope the thread will die..

Anonymous

Bit of a problem.
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2004, 12:58:20 am »
well if like u said recruitment through there is thread (no one told me bout that though, but maybe im just not paying attention w/ my school work or something). but if not, then we should definitely close it immediately and not allow any more applicants through this way.

Anonymous

Bit of a problem.
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2004, 07:14:05 am »
I guess we'll need to figure out if it's the answer to the new challenge or the old one. They would have to be specific about which challenge it is and also to know that information they would have to be working on the inside or hacking the system. I hope that it's neither but still this is plausable and very dangerous to all of us who have worked to keep this faction as tight knit as it is. Only thing we can do it leave it to Tbone so he can handle it in whatever manner he sees fit.

Anonymous

Bit of a problem.
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2004, 09:02:10 am »
The post itself seems really innocent. As if he is just trying to show that banner image at the top regardless of what the rest of the page says but he may have accidently oppened a worm hole that no one wants to see the other side of. The obvious solution is to assume the challange could not possibly be bypassed. Or perhaps a box added to the registration page asking what the Node is? I don't know... This was probably a bad time for Tbone to go away :-p Then again, what would have been a good one? We miss you T-Bone!!!

Anonymous

Bit of a problem.
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2004, 12:07:57 pm »
Oh dear, we can only pray that no one realises what is happening in that link.  Otherwise we could have some trouble. Let the thread die. Please!

Anonymous

Bit of a problem.
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2004, 12:23:23 pm »
Eek! No good. Do we know who posted the thread with that link? As in, is the culprit one of our members?

Anonymous

Bit of a problem.
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2004, 12:38:41 pm »
Thats a good point because he didn't get it from the picture itself, that is from the albums.  Maybe he used a search engine.

Anonymous

Bit of a problem.
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2004, 12:46:29 pm »
A few of us in Ventrilo reasoned that if that page no longer had use, Tbone would have removed it. Chances are it is still the final part of the challenge after you get through all the new stuff.

Yes, the post was hardly malicious in nature. It is plausible he got that from Google, which I am about to check out, but that seems a bit weird considering he linked to the page the pic was on, not the pic itself. I think he may have been someone who got to the end on way or another. I can't really say anything for certain though. Assuming he did get to the end, if you read the entire post I linked to you'd see what type of person was probably getting in here.

P.S. I am going to see if I can find out if dubloe is one of our members. I'll get back to you on that.

Anonymous

Bit of a problem.
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2004, 12:51:28 pm »
well with the link out, the applications will have to be the main source of filtering out who we don't want. Those shud probably be read with a much more scurinizing eye.

Anonymous

Bit of a problem.
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2004, 01:03:44 pm »
Well, once Tbone gets back it won't matter anyway, as he can just change the location, thus making that link meaningless. The only problem is figuring out how dubloe7 got that link, and why he flashes it so recklessly. His MxO profile doesn't tell much though, so that isn't likely.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Bit of a problem.
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2004, 11:18:59 pm »
Fixed.

Anonymous

Bit of a problem.
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2004, 11:43:08 pm »
nice tbone, it would be wise to keep changing the link and maybe even the puzzle once in a while, so if people keep posting solutions they would be useless.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Bit of a problem.
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2004, 12:50:59 am »
Not many will be completing this challenge, and, if they do, I doubt they'll feel like giving away their hard work...lol. But really, it's simple ;-)

Offline Eroz

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Bit of a problem.
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2004, 01:43:32 am »
Ok. It is simple once you know it. It just all of us are trying to hard.
"Have you ever tried to dismantle a snowball?" - Linus, Peanut's Gang.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 335