Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: FA Live Action Video  (Read 6610 times)

Offline Adad

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Re: FA Live Action Video
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2010, 12:50:47 pm »
Quote from: "Tbone"
They kiss as the camera pans away.

Shocking ;)

Offline LAZARUS

• Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2010, 12:57:30 pm »
So wait, does everyone have to kiss Tbone to join the Angels?
This wasn't in my interview....

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2010, 01:00:15 pm »
Great stories aren't about what usually happens, but about the exception to the rule.

However, if you guys are in that dire need of some action, we can see if there are membership benefits at your local brothel!

Offline Adad

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2010, 01:06:20 pm »
Tbone: "True, that's why I've come. To truly know someone, you must fight them"

Tbone, or Seraph?

Offline Lits

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2010, 12:38:38 am »
Did anyone else get an overwhelming sense of sexing in that scene? :)

I'm on board, definately (assuming travel arrangements can be made for all involved).
I'm a trained actor with a decent knowledge of makeup and *some* costuming.

I've been wanting to do something live action for ages, but didn't quite have the nerve to admit it, so hats off to Enoch!

Where would we film?

Be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Offline Enoch

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2010, 12:17:48 pm »
Very overwhelming. I'm working on a re-write right now. Glad you're on board. Well, I'm in Arizona. Lits is in CA. Tbone is on the East. We win 2 to 1, we're filming out west. Probably near the LA area would seem to make the most sense. But that's just my vote.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2010, 03:38:23 pm »
There's no way I can make it out west. I currently only have one part time job, and my computer cost more than what I have in the bank right now.

Unfortunately, without me you run the risk of putting something together that I wouldn't want to represent FA. I'd want to be heavily involved with the project if it were to come to fruition.

Offline Da6onet

• VETERAN ANGEL
  • I shall either find a way or make one.
    • View Profile
    • JPL
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2010, 04:00:26 pm »
There's no way I can make it out west. I currently only have one part time job, and my computer cost more than what I have in the bank right now.

Unfortunately, without me you run the risk of putting something together that I wouldn't want to represent FA. I'd want to be heavily involved with the project if it were to come to fruition.

So what you're saying is we need a producer :-p
If all the world's problems were solved today, what would you have left to do tomorrow?

NEED NEW SIGNATURE, CAN PAY IN THE FORM OF BEER!!!

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2010, 04:45:35 pm »
Enoch, what kind of film camera do you have?

Offline Enoch

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2010, 04:51:49 pm »
We definitely need a producer. I can co-Produce, but at some point I am assuming this turns into a normal film project where I bring in crew of filmmakers I know from outside of FA. I don't have a film camera. I have access to a few HD video cameras, including the Sony HVX and the Canon 5D and 7D. There are tons of rental houses where I can get other equipment. Tbone, regardless of your involvement as an actor, you will serve as Executive Producer, making all final decisions during pre-production. We'll be very thorough before a single frame is shot so that everything we're making represents the FA in the appropriate light.

EDIT: P.S. If you were to act in the film, your travel expenses would be part of the film's budget. Your financial situation would not affect that point.

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2010, 05:29:05 pm »
budget? Paid for by?
I hear my T2i takes just as good video as the 7D, but I'm clueless on post processing/editing

Offline LAZARUS

• Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2010, 08:34:35 pm »
All films must have some sort of a budget, no matter how small scale this would all be. The truth is, at some point, someone's going to have to throw money at this. I think there's no point in doing this, if the project is going to have no production value. It'll hurt the Furious Angels more than it'd do us good.

And really, as nice as this idea sounds, a lot of things would have to go right. Maybe it can even be something we can do later, once the game has even released. The Angels I assume are always expanding on their story, so doing something that still involves us, no matter when, would be a good idea.

But we have to make sure not to do it half assed.

Offline Enoch

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2010, 12:10:52 am »
I was hoping to get past the initial story phase before talking money, especially since the story very much dictates the size of the budget. Yes, we'll have to find money to shoot this. No, I don't think it will cost too much, relatively speaking. I'm feeling it would be about a 3 to 4 minute short that can be shot over two days with a budget in the range of $400-$600 for production (before travel costs if we're moving Tbone cross-country), depending on what stuff we can get for free or by donation (props, costumes, etc). After we get the story cemented and we start planning, we can make a fund raising plan.

I'm feeling a lot of uneasiness and negativity guys. Maybe I'm reading into it. Like I said in the first posts, this is what I do. I'm nearing the end of film school, so I don't have many of my own projects to work on anymore. I would love to make this my next one, but I won't do it without your blessing.

Maybe we can postpone talking about this idea for a bit. There's a lot more pressing things like the challenge and the work already going into it.

Offline Lits

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2010, 03:29:28 am »
Hey no negativity here!
There are a lot of us in this faction so as far as the money goes, perhaps we could all pitch in $5 or $10 for production costs.

And I don't think we necessarily have to do it pre-game... it could be something done at any point, but I'm excited and think we should go ahead as soon as possible. Perhaps just as soon as the challenge is completed?

As far as location for filming, if we want something wooded and near LA-ish, there is a nice green park about an hour from my house, and also Joshua Tree about two hours East of LA. If you want desert, we've got plenty of that, too. I'd of course volunteer my place to stay in lieu of paying for a hotel. It's not big, but it's a roof and a shower.

Be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Offline Adad

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2010, 08:41:20 am »
Here's my question. If we actually DID go through all the hardships and effort to create some sort of live action movie. Why make it Star Wars related at all? I know then you can throw it out to the community for SWTOR, but who cares about them? And if you make one, they'll want to see more.

The Angels were created on the basis that we all loved the Matrix. I love Star Wars as much as the next guy, probably more than most when dealing with the original three, but the Matrix is where we got our roots. And if we make a movie about us, why not in the Matrix universe? Just me throwing out my two cents.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[12] 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 229