Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: FA Live Action Video  (Read 6609 times)

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
Re: FA Live Action Video
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2010, 09:12:35 am »
I'm still kind of weary of how an FA movie could come out and look not-cheessy. It's not a question of anyones ability - but we certainly wouldn't have the ability and resources we have in a digital medium. I also kind of like that we never really put a real life face to our characters. It adds to the mystery of who FA is.

No negativity here either, but there are concerns you can't simply ignore and push forward through.

On a positive note, this could be a way to finally meet Broin.

Offline LAZARUS

• Soldier
    • View Profile
Re: FA Live Action Video
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2010, 07:03:03 pm »
Quote from: "Adad"
Here's my question. If we actually DID go through all the hardships and effort to create some sort of live action movie. Why make it Star Wars related at all? I know then you can throw it out to the community for SWTOR, but who cares about them? And if you make one, they'll want to see more.

The Angels were created on the basis that we all loved the Matrix. I love Star Wars as much as the next guy, probably more than most when dealing with the original three, but the Matrix is where we got our roots. And if we make a movie about us, why not in the Matrix universe? Just me throwing out my two cents.

I don't mean to shoot this down or anything, but this is kind of silly. This film would be to further establish the lore and story of the Furious Angels within the Star Wars world.

If it were something we were just doing for fun, then I could see why we might make a Matrix film, but we're not playing MxO anymore. Sure, that's where the Angels started, but that's not something we're doing anymore. The Matrix Online is over, as is any story going on with that.

Meanwhile, Star Wars is growing steadily, and I think it'll only grow more with the release of this game.

And as far as it looking cheesy, I think you're under estimating the film making process. Cheesy happens when you try to do too much, and don't put enough time and effort into it.

As far as this ENTIRE idea goes, maybe it's not such a good idea. The Furious Angels is a collective, we create our world together. The problem is, a film is quite different. When a lot of people start throwing in their creative input, you can tell in the finished product and it looks silly to have all these different ideas and you never establish any of them thoroughly.

So like my brother said, I think this should be postponed for a while. Maybe get some writing done before it's even brought up again.

Offline Enoch

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Update: FA Short Film
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2010, 01:49:41 pm »
Okay, so I've been working on this for a bit on my free time, and I thought it might be a good time to present an update. First, I've written the script. It's based on Tbone's story, but with some changes made to make more filmmable and to tone down the love story.

Here is the link to the script

If anybody isn't familiar with reading script format, feel free to ask questions.

I've begun to storyboard the film, though I'm still re-working the shot list. As development continues, wardrobe, location scouting, and art design will finish shaping up the "look" of the film. I'll update with the storyboards soon.

The biggest concern when I started talking about this idea was with the budget. I have news. After talking to my brother (Lazarus), we've decided that we are comfortable with footing the bill. I'm still thinking somewhere around a $600-700 budget for a 1 or 2 day shoot. If we can raise more money between now and productions, we can make it all that more awesome. But that's a baseline that we can start to plan with.

I'm pretty sure I can get most of the equipment for the shoot from friends and some rentals, and my film school friends would more than gladly round out the crew. I would probably cast and shoot locally in the Phoenix, AZ area to minimize travel and housing costs.

Schedule-wise, I think we can keep developing until about December, begin pre-production in January, and shoot it over a weekend around late March. Edit it over a few weeks, and have it online by mid-April.

So, tell me what you think Angels.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Re: Update: FA Short Film
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2010, 02:05:21 pm »
I like that ending better. I think it should be "We angels" rather than "Us angels", right?

Also, my name is "Cory", not "Corey"...heh.

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2010, 02:11:37 pm »
personally I expected something rather poor (not for any reason to do with you; I was just not at all sold on the idea); instead, I like it, I like it a lot and think that that, done correctly as you obviously intend, would be cracking.

A few comments on the script:

a) to know someone you need to fight em - too matrixy? but then again we should not forget our roots.

b) change "travelled to hear an angel worthy of speaking them" to "travelled to hear an angel worthy of hearing them"? or, instead of worth, "able" to hear?

Just my two cents; why timetable so long? that normal for something so short?

Tally ho.

p.s. copyright with you or the boss?  or stay silent on it?

Offline Enoch

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2010, 02:32:59 pm »
Thanks for the quick feedback guys.

I like that change too Tbone. Sorry about the name misspelling.

NoCry, that felt great to read. The script is usually the first time people get a real idea of the movie. It's like saying "I'm gonna build a house" without showing a blueprint for it. I'll work with rewording what you mentioned i B.

As for the schedule, I'm being very generous. I'm involved in about a dozen other projects so I didn't want to short-change the timing of the process and have it end up not being enough time. Realistically, it probably won't take that long, but for best results I want to plan the shit out of this thing.

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2010, 03:27:28 pm »
I quite like it, too.

I was thinking boss - would you be interested in a series of clips, ala the holorecords on swtor.com, to do with FA's history? Just as nice little info packages for our new site or something? I'd do the voice-overs myself, but I don't really have the 'wise' kind of tone... ha.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2010, 04:32:01 pm »
Quote from: "Subb"
I was thinking boss - would you be interested in a series of clips, ala the holorecords on swtor.com, to do with FA's history? Just as nice little info packages for our new site or something? I'd do the voice-overs myself, but I don't really have the 'wise' kind of tone... ha.

The problem with this is that we want to remain mysterious and not give away too much information about ourselves. Once you are able to beta test Phase 4 of the challenge, I think you'll be pleased with how we give information there. I was, however, thinking about creating something very similar for actual FA members - to extend the RP even after they get in the faction.

My idea was that, after you Ascend, AP (Ascension Program, the hologram who talks to you during the challenge) would then take you through some sort of training to make sure all new members were prepared, RP-wise. These would just be a series of videos that would pop up like they do in our Media section currently. Only members would have access to them, and new videos would be posted as our story within the universe evolves.

I don't know how much of that would be RP and how much of it would break it (download Teamspeak, check the forums, etc. etc.).

Anyway, let's not get too much off topic.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[12] 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 261