Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Why just the republic?  (Read 3080 times)

Offline Stumpy

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
Why just the republic?
« on: November 09, 2010, 10:27:30 pm »
Hey all I am new here and look forward to getting to know yall.

That being said I have to ask. Why just the republic?

I dont know about the rest of yall but I do plan on playing some characters on the imperial side and I dont know what yalls opinion is on this but I feel like (with what I know about our backstory) that we are more faction-less than anything. Granted i have not been told our backstory in detail yet but I would like to know if there is any plan for those of us who want to play on the imperial side too.

I look forward yo hearing yalls responses and if anyone could shed some more light on the angels back story i would be very appreciative.

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
Re: Why just the republic?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 10:57:21 am »
Republic because FA is always the good guys and it fits with our history.

With that said, obviously we can make and play any character we want, so long as we keep our main in FA active and primary, and any other character doesn't pose a conflict of interest to FA - like having involvement in other guilds.

T, correct me if I missed a main point or am off on something.

Offline Stumpy

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 11:56:08 am »
So are we not allowed to join a guild on out imperial characters? or am i reading that wrong?

I am personally hoping for a cross over system as I plan to play a light sided sith inquisitor, and run along a more grey area for my IA

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 11:57:23 am »
We like to have a purpose. If you're playing both sides of the fence, then what will you be known for? Nothing, other than maybe being a whore for numbers by recruiting on both sides.

You're kinda asking "why red or blue? why not red and blue?" The simple answer is "because that's not the way the game is played." Playing Imperial goes against our backstory/website/recruiting challenge/style of gameplay, all of which you should have picked up on during the recruitment process.

All of that being said, I know that this game will have a strong "single player story" feel to it and a lot of people will want to play multiple characters in order to experience the story from different angles, and the game is even going to promote that. So, as Fuse pointed out, I'm ok with members having alts in order to see the rest of the game, but FA will just be focusing just on Republic. If your Sith character ends up being a higher level than your main in FA, or you join an Imperial guild, or you abandon FA events/grouping with other FA for your other alts, then it becomes a problem.

Offline Stumpy

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 12:15:28 pm »
I see. That is why I am hoping for a cross over factions. I have always liked the idea of a sith going good.

And if they dont i'm sure i can find a way to role with it.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 06:38:31 pm »
If you are Sith, you will not be allowed to play as Republic. That was confirmed somewhere. So you will need to choose between the light side classes (Knight, Consular, Smuggler, Trooper) or choose a different guild that will accomodate your main class being Dark Side. Just let me know.

Offline Stumpy

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 07:06:23 pm »
I will look over the other classes when i get the time

Offline Winter

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 07:55:21 am »
I know that my characters backstory involves an identical twin who fell to the dark side.  I plan on making him and maybe getting some RP with the FA as far as that goes.  I presume this sort of stream crossing is okay.

--
Winter (working on a more appropriate sig)

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2010, 08:59:17 am »
I'd think that could be interesting, but we've also had someone do that and take it too far.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2010, 10:35:21 am »
The majority, if not all of us came in to FA because we admired the play style of the group and wanted to be part of that.  We recognized the strength of the group's singularity.  We weren't just looking for a group of people to game with.  I don't think I'm alone in saying that many of us who have been here for a few years now consider FA to be family.

Everyone has their own style of play, and we're respectful of that.  But as Fuse said there have been instances in the past where someone's individual play style conflicted with the group's play style, and it wound up being detrimental to the group.

We do expect a certain level of cohesion from everyone in order to remain effective.

Offline Anathamas

• Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2010, 11:12:59 am »
In the end it's a matter of priority. FA has the reputation that it does because we don't try to take being members casually. Will I have imperial alts? probably, the bounty hunter just looks like a lot of fun, but my scoundrel will be my focus as he has taken the limelight of my current writings.
Multi-guilding is incredibly dangerous and can call loyalty into check which is a place no person wants to find themselves.
That's my understanding, hopefully I'm not completely moronic.

Offline Winter

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2010, 11:49:07 am »
I certainly don't intend to multi-guild, there is no logic to it.  there is no doubt that my jedi will supercede any other alts that I may create.  I simply seek to explore a personal story for the PC through the game itself.  Call it uber-nerdy or whathaveyou, but I think it would be interesting and even moreso if FA members were willing to be involved.  However, I certainly don't expect that level of interaction.  Regardless I really look forward to helping the FA make its mark on TOR.

As I said, my FA Jedi will take precedents over any alt I have, Imperial or otherwise.

---
Winter (still working on a sig ::grumble:: creativity ::grumble:: )

Offline Paitryn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
Why just the republic?
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2010, 07:36:23 pm »
When I was playing wow and we occasionaly wanted to play Horde side, our guild made a "sister guild" to avoid guild spam and constant "why arent you in a guild" questions that came around almost constantly.

Could it be possible for FA to set something like that up on the Impy side so we can avoid all that and maintain our loyalties while playing? Honestly I hate being spammed guild invites and if TOR becomes anything close to WoW popular we can expect that to happen a lot.

With the uniqueness of the classes (being on separate faction as well) I do intent to play out some of the imperial classes, though I know for certain my Scoundrel will be my main and I feel this is a guild that deserves a degree of loyalty and respect for its effort and direction.

TBH, I plan on trying out trooper JK, JC, Smuggler, and BH. I dont have much interest in playing sith or IA. So it wouldnt be too detrimental for me if we dont make a sister guild, since I only plan on experimenting with one class.

Offline Paitryn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
Why just the republic?
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2010, 07:44:05 pm »
For those who are planning "light side sith" characters, Traditionally redeemed dark side users forgo the powers that were quick and seductive such as force lightning. Something you can try for RP purposes (i dont know exactly how it will work out so play it by ear) you can make your jedi characters and choose dark side options.

here you would be tainted by your past, but still end up light side in the end. with the corruption effects this could make you look like a redeemed sith possibly.

Its an idea based on the info we have so dont hold me to that. its speculation at best.

Offline Stumpy

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
Why just the republic?
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2010, 11:02:15 pm »
That is a very good idea i will definitely check that out.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[12] 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

Social