Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: A Worl PVP idea.  (Read 1870 times)

Offline Paitryn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
A Worl PVP idea.
« on: November 11, 2010, 07:21:30 pm »
I wanted to post a suggestion Idea here before I posted it on the TOR forums.

I know our current pvp is Warzone only atm until more information is released. However, even open pvp is very shallow in most MMOs with random skrimishes accomplishing nothing much really in terms of the overall game.

Looking back at my days as a paintball player we had a similar outset when it came to playing. every other week we got together and had skirmish games with other groups similar to warzone pvp. However every few months at various paintball fields we had scenario events. games that re-enacted famous battles, or scenarios made up by the field owners from sheer imagination. (there is even a re-enactment of monty python and the holy grail held every year in PA)

From that I got to thinking about how good it could be if each month we had an all day pvp event that could have an impact on the game as a whole.

We pick a planet that is contested by both sides (like Ilum or Alderaan) and we have a major all day event, with mission objectives and massive battles. after the event is finished, devs could tally up the wins/losses across servers to determine which side won the day and add it to the story.

Low level players could get in on the action by being stat boosted (like in COH/COV) and help support the number base and they wouldn't feel left out of major story events. While they wouldn't be near as powerful as high level players, they wouldn't be completely excluded or just steamrolled by a single player.

I wanted to see how you guys felt about the Idea, since one of our goals is to directly impact the game in some way, and I think an idea such as this would allow us that opportunity in terms of PVP.

That and see what we could do to expand upon the Idea.

Offline Ragnarok

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
Re: A Worl PVP idea.
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 07:53:51 pm »
Great idea! I like it a lot, but I doubt that we would see something like this if they haven't implemented it yet. We may see it in a expansion or major update.

So long as I breathe, I live. So long as I live, I fight. So long as I fight, I triumph!

Offline Paitryn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
A Worl PVP idea.
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 01:08:12 am »
Well the idea is we work out any possible kinks that could arise and if we get something solid we support it in the suggestion forum. if there is a strong player support we could in fact get something like that in an expansion later.

yea I can agree its pretty late in development to hope for something like that in release but not too late to look into future ideas.

It would be awesome if our guild managed to come up with an Idea that made it into the game.

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
A Worl PVP idea.
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 08:25:33 am »
There's a chance they would be down for supporting something like this - but I wouldn't think a great one. It really would be a great show of how supportive they are of the game and it's community. I see this as a content and resource issue. To really be successful in this I think it would have to be story based - so new content is a must. Also, I would think they would have to dedicate resources to keeping it running in a way that was always fresh and new for all players.

Something worth metnioning to them at least.

Off topic: Sounds like you just played recball, so it's a longshot question: but had you played in any leagues? I managed a paintball field for a few years - Aftershocks home field and host of the Chicago Open, the second largest tournament in the world at the time.

Offline Paitryn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
A Worl PVP idea.
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 05:15:50 pm »
I was a scenario ball player. I liked the large scale events and well, it was much more affordable than speedball. our local proshop was owned by a pro player who played for the dallas diablos so I got a lot of info about leagues and how to play that way, it just wasnt my thing.

ex soldier I liked being in the woods with a small team capturing objectives. Think thats why FA appeals to me so much its a lot like our team was in the idea we were something of an elite unit.

Offline Paitryn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
A Worl PVP idea.
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 10:01:06 pm »
im going to post the link here instead of posting another thread.

here is a suggestion idea that someone posted as well and you can see what you think and how it would work.

http://swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=144462

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[12] 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online