Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Blizzcon Stuffs  (Read 6626 times)

Offline Paitryn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
Blizzcon Stuffs
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2011, 07:48:45 am »
Actually pandarans were well established from WC3 and were badass. Horde got Taurens and Alliance got the Panda. It was a race that was wanted since vanilla.

Rumor had it that there is a law in china that prevents the display of pandas in violent media (movies, games, etc) and because of the large asian market to wow (making up most of its 12 million subs) they steered away from it.

but alas had this been something they introduced 3 years ago i would have been on board, but now i could care less. so for the lore junkies of WoW it does have a massive appeal since the race finally made it in.

Offline Arawn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
Blizzcon Stuffs
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2011, 11:31:04 am »
Quote from: "Paitryn"
because of the large asian market to wow.

Lol damn those China Gold Farmers...

Speaking of which... You guys heard that news of a prison in China that the guards makes the prisoner plays and farm the golds? Or was it just a rumor?

If I had the source code... Life would be easier.

Offline Tinzzak

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
Blizzcon Stuffs
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2011, 12:05:08 pm »
Quote from: "Arawn"

Speaking of which... You guys heard that news of a prison in China that the guards makes the prisoner plays and farm the golds? Or was it just a rumor?

I hadn't heard that but, if its true... when the Credit Dealers show up in SWTOR, what type of crime do i have to commit in China to get that type of sentence...

"Tin, for the crime of displaying a panda in a violent role in the central town square of (insert city name here)... you are sentenced to 5 years of playing SWTOR making credits..."

Sentenced to playing a game and NO WORK... i fail to see the downside.

Offline Paitryn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
Blizzcon Stuffs
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2011, 01:50:19 pm »
Quote from: "Tinzzak"
Quote from: "Arawn"

I hadn't heard that but, if its true... when the Credit Dealers show up in SWTOR, what type of crime do I have to commit in China to get that type of sentence...

"Tin, for the crime of displaying a panda in a violent role in the central town square of (insert city name here)... you are sentenced to 5 years of playing SWTOR making credits..."

Sentenced to playing a game and NO WORK... I fail to see the downside.

ever grinded a game for nothing but money? it saps the fun right out of the game.

When grinding gold, only a very few things will make the largest gains, and unless your an AH genius, your stuck with either killing a few certain mobs over and over endlessly, or gathering x materials ad nauseum until you want to puke. And no you dont get to share or group up because its all about keeping the gold for yourself.

Last I heard though, gold farmers were now primarily from Latin American countries and just hack the accounts instead since its faster than grinding the gold yourself (just steal someone else's!)

when going after my epic flying mount (when daily quests were pretty much a new concept in BC) it took months of doing nothing but mindless grinding of the same content over and over until I got it. I took a 2 month break afterwards.

Offline Tinzzak

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
Blizzcon Stuffs
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2011, 05:14:14 pm »
Quote from: "Paitryn"

ever grinded a game for nothing but money? it saps the fun right out of the game.

When grinding gold, only a very few things will make the largest gains, and unless your an AH genius, your stuck with either killing a few certain mobs over and over endlessly, or gathering x materials ad nauseum until you want to puke. And no you don't get to share or group up because its all about keeping the gold for yourself.

Last I heard though, gold farmers were now primarily from Latin American countries and just hack the accounts instead since its faster than grinding the gold yourself (just steal someone else's!)

when going after my epic flying mount (when daily quests were pretty much a new concept in BC) it took months of doing nothing but mindless grinding of the same content over and over until I got it. I took a 2 month break afterwards.

LOL my sarcastic sense of humor was apparently too dry?

Offline Strod

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
Blizzcon Stuffs
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2011, 10:06:41 pm »
Well it fully depends on the type of player, I happen to bank roll everything by myself for the guild I'm in. I make around 50kg a day from various professions on multiple alts. It's a huge thing to be self efficient in a game where the market can be over inflated and down right immoral in prices.

On another note, Blizzard is famous for stealing other people ideas and using them for their own. It happen ALL the time and still A LOT more than you think it does. I mean take the Final Fantasy Chocobos for instance.

There is already a "Lightsaber" sword in game, however it is no longer attainable. It'll return in some fashion after SWTOR hit, and they will take a lot of other stuff and tweak it a bit and make it their own. It's just on of the MANY reasons they have stayed on top for so long.

Furious since 2006.

Offline Mharz

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
Blizzcon Stuffs
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2011, 05:21:36 pm »
And now we see the truth!

Offline Ragnarok

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
Blizzcon Stuffs
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2011, 06:41:59 pm »
I can see it now...first SWTOR expansion to have new playable race Ewok(Jawa if they decide to keep to lore) and new class Fuzzball.

Oh god please no!

So long as I breathe, I live. So long as I live, I fight. So long as I fight, I triumph!

Offline Saint

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/saintxxx/Jedi-Archives
Blizzcon Stuffs
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2011, 11:24:59 pm »
Removed post... put in random

Offline Paitryn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
Blizzcon Stuffs
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2011, 11:32:29 am »
Probably should be in the random thread instead of here but funny nonetheless

Offline Tecknik

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Re: Blizzcon Stuffs
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2011, 12:03:48 pm »
Quote from: "ManicVelocity"
We don't talk about... that game 'round these parts.

My first thought when I saw this thread was imagining one of those Hitler parody videos in which he asks everyone who plays WoW to leave the room.

Offline Saint

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/saintxxx/Jedi-Archives
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2011, 04:22:55 pm »
sorry guys, not sure how that ended up in blizzcon stuff, it was suppose to go into random, either I was really tired or had some sort of malfunction.

Offline Milhouse

• Soldier
    • View Profile
    • http://lancamp.org
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2011, 07:53:06 pm »
I played WoW at launch and it was a great game.  I did the casual thing, the hardcore PvP thing, and the end-game raiding thing.  It all was very good, but I've moved on.

It's good to see that they're still adding to it, tweaking it, and people are still having fun with it.

I could never understand the hate against WoW.  Like any other MMO, it was really what you made of it.  Then again I'm the type that think both PS3 and the Xbox are nice, Android and iPhones are cool, etc.  Pick what ya like and have fun with it...  except Counter Strike.  Fuck that game.

Offline Avzeke (Khr0n1k)

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2011, 01:20:30 am »
Quote from: "Milhouse"
I played WoW at launch and it was a great game.  I did the casual thing, the hardcore PvP thing, and the end-game raiding thing.  It all was very good, but I've moved on.

It's good to see that they're still adding to it, tweaking it, and people are still having fun with it.

I could never understand the hate against WoW.  Like any other MMO, it was really what you made of it.  Then again I'm the type that think both PS3 and the Xbox are nice, Android and iPhones are cool, etc.  Pick what ya like and have fun with it...  except Counter Strike.  Fuck that game.

I think for most people they have a hipster like attitude against it, so even if they do play it they already have their mind set they won't like it because it is too mainstream.

Topherous Jedi Sentinel
Artifice, Archaeology, Treasure Hunting

Offline Barachiel

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2011, 04:34:41 pm »
I like WoW.  It's Blizzard I'm growing to dislike more and more as time passes.  That said, I'm not sure I care for the new expansion.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 30