Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Eligoh's Resignation  (Read 7371 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Eligoh's Resignation
« on: October 15, 2004, 12:14:48 am »
Eligoh has resigned from the FA. He left me a message as to his reasons, though I have not talked to him personally about it. I figured I would forward the information along to all of you:

"Eligoh: I would like to leave fa

1. I thought of as a nazi for having interest and also respect towards Adolf Hitler for his leadership skills, but not for the fact that he did kill millions of innocent people including children.
Eligoh: 2.I feel ignored on ts, and i'm sure its not because "they didn't hear me"
Eligoh: 3.I'm also thought of and treated differently for certain things.
 and 4. There seem to be groups in the faction from my point of view, the important people and the people not cared about.But keep in mind I can be wrong.
Eligoh: Also there is a 5. I am switching to a machinist, in the beginning I never really knew which factions were for what.I'm basing this decision on my personal choice, I would rather have the matrix around then it be destroyed.
Eligoh: Let there be no hard feelings, if you make a post about my leave, please tell the others that I would have stayed for many of them, but when you just don't feel welcome its hard to be motivated to stay.
Eligoh: And to you tbone, It was great being in FA and a time, but maybe its my own fault for not feeling respected, maybe in this world you can't be open to the "bad guys" opinion and voice, otherwise you will be shot down.
Eligoh: I hope to see many of you in game when its actually released, and I hope we participate in well thought out battles together.
Eligoh: Thanks for the good times we did have, I still have all those damn wavs of you and seven singing dracula together....
Eligoh: That drum solo of yours was pretty damn random...
Eligoh: Well I hope you read this sooner or later and haven't closed the box, because I sure as hell ain't repeating it all. I'll see you around."

Feel free to discuss his reasons for leaving. It is unfortunate that he did not voice his concerns to me before deciding to leave. In order to stick with protocol, his account will be deleted and he will not be allowed in our Teamspeak server. I'm sorry that things couldn't work out for him.

Anonymous

Eligoh's Resignation
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2004, 02:31:30 am »
Crap. Eligoh was a good bloke and has been with us since as long as I can remember. I am very sad to see him go.

Anonymous

Eligoh's Resignation
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2004, 03:14:35 am »
Well shoot, theres another one gone.  Well...  respect to Eligoh

Anonymous

Eligoh's Resignation
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2004, 06:14:37 am »
I would say that the least motivated of us are leaving, but that sucks, because all those who are here are motivated, and even the worst is good.

Anonymous

Eligoh's Resignation
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2004, 06:41:17 am »
well it always sad when somone leaves, but if he feels he isnot respected that is his chioce. but he did somthing last night that was quite interesting. can't say anymore on this post pm me of you want info.

Anonymous

Eligoh's Resignation
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2004, 07:15:37 am »
I can understand where he's coming from. I'm always ignored on TS by those who are 'more important', and he was also right about the nazi thing. I totally thought he was, but I see what he meant now...

Anonymous

Eligoh's Resignation
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2004, 07:24:20 am »
I have no idea what this nazi thing is about, but I'll post my opinion anyway. Adolf Hitler, while a horrific tyrant responsible for oppression, torture and the mass-extermination of an entire race, was nevertheless a genius. I for one, could never be in a position to "admire" Hitler, but I do still hold him in a certain awe for his accomplishments and the way his mind worked, his exploitations of weakness and his plans.

Anonymous

Eligoh's Resignation
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2004, 07:38:42 am »
There's a huge difference between admiration for a person's accomplishments and constantly parading images and ideas associated with that person in front of everyone. I may admire the abilities and drive of a Stalin (I really dislike Stalin, for the record) - but I don't have to have a hammer and sickle in my signature.

Eligoh was really starting to piss me off with the propaganda. I was willing to work within certain limits, but when he asked for a picture of Hitler in his sig, that was way over the line. Anywho. Yeah. Good kid. A bit skewed. I think he'll turn out good. I'm sad to see someone go - even if we mostly argued.

I did ignore him on teamspeak for the same reason that I ignore others on occasion. Sometimes they just piss me off. So... I do what my mother always told me to do. I keep my mouth shut. People annoy people. I'm sure that there are people who I regularly annoy. No biggie.

That being said - I have a feeling that this topic might trend towards a debate that will really piss people off. Just a friendly 'Keep it in line.' :)

Anonymous

Eligoh's Resignation
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2004, 07:46:10 am »
I appreciate that this is a sensitive topic but I'm interested to see what people think about this one- the Hitler thing I mean.

Anonymous

Eligoh's Resignation
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2004, 07:50:16 am »
Sure Hitler was a maniacal genius, but when you've got a country that's in turmoil as Germany was when he took power, it's pretty easy to rally them for your cause through fear and empty promises.  His actions should never, in any way, garner him any sort of respect, admiration, or high standing.  The 6 million innocent people gased, shot, burned, and tortured deserve at least that.

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Eligoh's Resignation
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2004, 07:51:08 am »
I had no idea what he was talking about concerning the Hitler reference.... :-\

However, as for being ignored on TS, well I am sometimes - but not that often.
I think we need to get some rules sorted to help with this, I don't know.
> I'll start another topic regarding that.

As for Eligoh, sorry to see any member leave, especially when they are going to fight the machinist cause.

I'm a total frickin rock star from mars.
C'mon bro, I got tiger blood.

Anonymous

Eligoh's Resignation
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2004, 08:19:16 am »
I spent a lot of time talking with Eligoh in the past few months.  He's a good guy and helped me with a few things.

He often told me how he felt ignored and misjudged because of his admiration of Hitler and WW2 germany.  I tried to explain to him that even though he had the right to his opinion, this is a sensitive subject and he should tone it down.  Basically because the forums are a public space and that some people might be offended.  We don't see any Neo-Nazis adds on TV for the same reason.

He told me he was thinking of leaving FA.  I tried my best to convince him to stay but I think that a few of his friends wanted to be machinists so in the end he just followed them I guess.

It's too bad because I liked the guy but I think he'll be happier somewhere else.

That's life.

Anonymous

Eligoh's Resignation
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2004, 08:44:48 am »
Goodbye..

Anonymous

Eligoh's Resignation
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2004, 08:58:11 am »
I just talked to him again.  He's planning on joining "The Collective", a machinist faction.

I met two guys from that faction last night.  They couldn't wait for PvP to be enabled and kick my ass because I was a FA and therefore a Zionist.  I guess we'll start grouping more when PvP is enabled ;)

Anonymous

Eligoh's Resignation
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2004, 09:11:58 am »
I am very, very, sad to see Eligoh go. He was, in my beleif, one of the most loyal memebers of this clan.

It is indeed ashame that he has left. Ironically when i was considering leaving the faction, it was Eligoh who had presuaded me to stay.

He was not a racist. He regarded Hitler as an amazing leader and motivater, which he was. He also happened to be a mass murderer and pychopath. Take into mind that not only Jews were murdered in the Holocaust. Blacks, Gypsies, and Homosexuals were being exterminated also. I can reiterate the fact that he is not a racist because me and Eligoh were very close. I am an African American. He never belittled me, he actually empowered me. I refer to the example I gave before about how he had encouraged me to stay here.

Like I had also said ebfore, he was immensely loyal. He believed in this faction, he truly did. And, I am sure, he still does. He is indeed a Fallen Angel.

However, about this whole TS, and "important people" thing. This drama has been going on for a while. I mean with the whole "The Round Table" idea. That just alienated EVERYBODY that wasn't in that select group. Especially with a name like The Round Table. I know some had questioned why I wasn't in TS more often, that sure as hell is a reason.

Now I am more then sure that the Captains and Tbone and Staff must congregate in the Private Room from time to time, but to constantly go in there every eight minutes is very upsetting. When there is no...communication...it only leads to distrust, confusion, and anger, which leads to this. Resignations.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 264