Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Eligoh's Resignation  (Read 7377 times)

Anonymous

Eligoh's Resignation
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2004, 09:12:10 am »
Hmm... sad?  Sorta... I think hungry is really a better term

Anonymous

Eligoh's Resignation
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2004, 09:53:17 am »
I'm sad and annoyed that Eligoh left, he was funny.  Many a time on TS he made me laugh, and as for the Adolf Hitler thing here is a fact.  If we had kept the medical information that the Nazis had made during WW2 we would most probably have a cure for cancer, be able to clone people amonst alot of other things, however it was totally opposing to the Hypocratic Oath not to mention the fact that countless numbers were killed and tortured.  I don't say that I agree with the way Hitler worked, but he was a genius nevertheless.

Goodbye, Eligoh.

Anonymous

Eligoh's Resignation
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2004, 09:56:46 am »
Sad to see him go. Another long-time member gone.

Anonymous

Eligoh's Resignation
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2004, 10:05:35 am »
Who thought Eligoh was a nazi? He is unique which is what I like about him sad to see you go.

Hitler could have been a genius but the fact that he had a strong hatred of jews for no particular reason stopped him being liked. He did however keep some of his promises, he built some temp housing for the homeless and did strart to get Germany's economy back on track. Then he invaded a lot of countries... and killed a lot of people, not just kews either. Why someone would kill hundreds of his most experienced generals is beyond me but... he was a bit screwed in the head.

Anonymous

Eligoh's Resignation
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2004, 10:31:13 am »
He got jobs for 6 million unemployed, too.

Anonymous

Eligoh's Resignation
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2004, 10:46:31 am »
Even so, he did more bad then good, many died as a result of his actions, not just jews, many European and American people died as a result of the war.

Anonymous

Eligoh's Resignation
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2004, 10:49:29 am »
I'm not denying that Hitler was a bad person, but he did do a lot for Germany.

Anonymous

Eligoh's Resignation
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2004, 11:09:36 am »
See you around Eligoh

Anonymous

Eligoh's Resignation
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2004, 11:28:20 am »
He didn't do shit for Germany.  Any jobs or housing he may have created was ultimately destroyed as the country was blown to hell by the allies.  Germany was a pile of rubble at the end of the war.  Doesn't sound like he helped his people out at all.  Oh and all this while over 10 million Soviet soldiers were killed, 300,000 Americans, almost 10 million Chinese, 500,000 French, and many more civillian and military allied deaths.  So not only is he responsible for destroying Germany, but most of the Eastern hemisphere as well.

Offline ArchNemesis

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Eligoh's Resignation
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2004, 11:31:02 am »
i'll miss ya dude.. and for the record i never saw you as a nazi :P

Anonymous

Eligoh's Resignation
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2004, 11:48:19 am »
How can you say he didn't do shit? Sure, after the war Germany was fucked over, but general standard of living for Germans during Hitler's rule went up. Like I said before, he ridded the country of unemployment, even set up the "Strength through Joy" organisation for holidays for people. Of course after the Allies had invaded the country is going to be in the shit but any country that is invaded as forcefully is going to be "a pile of rubble", it is hardly Hitler's fault that invasions make things into rubble is it? Don't get me wrong, Hitler was an evil, terrible man, but during his rule German people were generally much better off than they had been during the time of Weimar Germany. Yes, culture was surpressed etc but saying he didn't do shit is just wrong.

Anonymous

Eligoh's Resignation
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2004, 12:02:29 pm »
Quote from: "Erebus"
but saying he didn't do shit is just wrong.

what's wrong is trying to talk over a whole continent and create a master race.  he didn't do anything for Germany, what good are a few years of happiness at the price it cost in human life?  While the white Germans were "happy" the black Germans were killed, the Jewish Germans were killed, the gypsies, the homosexuals, the handicaped, all of them Germans, and killed.  So when you say he did a lot of good for Germany, you mean he did a lot of good for white Germany, right?

Anonymous

Eligoh's Resignation
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2004, 12:10:27 pm »
I'd like to publicly thank our grandparents for surviving the worlds most darkest years.  I'd also like to give out  a nice hefty FUCK OFF to anyone who sees any good in Hitlers rule, thought process or fuck'n day to day activities.

*edited for your profuck'n tection*

Anonymous

Eligoh's Resignation
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2004, 01:01:51 pm »
Unfortunately this thread has turned from what it was originally meant to be. Another one. Again.

Sevker. I think you're wrong. I understand the sentiment behind your statement. Believe me I can understand. But I do not think that it is right. There is a very fine line between all of this.

What we all have to understand is that we can't look at this emotionally. We have to be objective. Objectively, Hitler brought hope. The people were willing to let other individuals die, to be killed in the most horrible of ways for hope.

I hate to bring up a matrix here, but remember what the Architecht sad. It was such a weakness that people were willing to look the other way, were willing to let it happen. All in the sake of hope. That's all, nothing more, nothing less. They sold out their lives for hope.

EDIT: I meant Medele. I wasn't sure if it was Medel or Medele...either way, I'm sure you know the person I have in mind.

And this is in no way defending the guy. Emotionally I believe he deserves to rot in hell. But not just him. It was not just him. Mendel, Hiemler (I think) they all deserve to be there with him.

I think we all can agree that this is a bad thing. I suggest we stop this and go back to the original thread. Remembering Eligoh, and the reasons why he left.

Anonymous

Eligoh's Resignation
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2004, 01:13:41 pm »
Fucking hell. So now because I said that Hitler did some good for Germany, I am called a racist, threatened, and told to fuck off. You people seem to think that because I am looking at the historical facts I love Hitler. Under Hitler, Germany's economy improved, the standards of living for the majority of German people improved, employment rose, industry prospered. I accept this. This does not mean I agree with Hitler's views, or am some sort of neo-nazi as people seem to think. I will have you know that I was moved to tears at the British War Museam exhibition on the Holocaust just recently. Hitler committed enormous, horrific crimes against humanity. But that does not mean I am going to refuse blindly that under Hitler Germany was a better place that it was under the Weimar Republic, for the majority. When I say this, I am not taking into account his Euthanasia program, or the persecution of Jews, gypsies and supposed "asocials" under Hitler's views, but am looking at Germany as a whole. I stand by my original statement that Hitler did in fact do shit for Germany, and his mind is both an intriguing and ingenious thing to try and fathom, and this does not mean that I "see any good" in it.

"edited for your profuck'n tection"

What the hell?

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

* Who's Online