Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Dear Gamestop...  (Read 2431 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Dear Gamestop...
« on: December 04, 2004, 10:56:02 pm »
Dear Gamestop,

I PREORDERED the Matrix Online at a Gamestop in Hattiesburg, MS. Gamestop advertises that, with preordering the game, you will be allowed into the Matrix Online Beta in mid-November. Imagine how disappointed I am, it now being December 4th, that I still have not received the item I have paid for.
     I preordered a few days before the date that Beta was supposed to be open for preorders. I was supposed to receive a box with a code that would allow me to gain access to the Beta. However, Gamestop failed to send out the preorder boxes to its Hattiesburg, MS, location, so I was given nothing in return. I was told to try again on that Friday, but when I called, I was informed the box was still not in and that there was no ETA. I have not been contacted since, and can only assume I will NOT receive my Preorder box in time to take advantage of its bonuses.
     Being a first-time customer, I'm highly disappointed in Gamestop. You advertised something that you failed to implement into your stores. As soon as the Matrix Online Preorder boxes were sent to you, you should have sent them out to all of your locations. Surely you would at least send out the advertised "bonus" once you received preorders from specific locations. I am one highly dissatisfied customer and do not plan on recommending Gamestop to any of my friends. I paid for a specific product that was only in effect for a limited amount of time, and failed to receive the product I paid for.
     I hope that this email will encourage you to be more prepared to deliver what you promise and maybe try to make up the loss to everyone who had enough faith in your company to preorder from you and fail to receive what you promised (I have many friends from all over the country who are still waiting on their Matrix Online preorder boxes as well).

Offline ArchNemesis

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Dear Gamestop...
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2004, 02:03:28 am »
yeah i had the stupidity to preorder at gamestop as well.. they don't even have an idea on what a preorder box is in my Gamestop

Offline Eroz

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Dear Gamestop...
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2004, 02:07:17 am »
And somehow I got two. And can still get more.
"Have you ever tried to dismantle a snowball?" - Linus, Peanut's Gang.

Anonymous

Dear Gamestop...
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2004, 02:09:44 am »
yeah i ordered mine from ebgames and didn't receive anything either

p.s. ... t .... i like how you used "disappointed" after your comment on TS about how much you hate it when people use that word ... make them feel like shit ready go haha

Anonymous

Dear Gamestop...
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2004, 02:48:56 am »
The world of VideoGame stores are indeed mysterious and two-sided.

I know that the Gamestop in the Mall I go to is by far, the best store I could ever go to for games. They always have everything in, on time, good price, good deals, good trade-in prices and great service with a friendly stafff. The EB games in the mall is complete shit. They always try to sell me a strategy guide, the employees are jerks and they wouldn't accept my cheque for some reason.

But on the other side of my town is another town with another mall. I rarely go there but I know that the EB there is fantastic and the Gamestop sucks hard. It's like they've completely switched on me. I don't understand it, but that is how it is.

So I suggest this. Get a nice tall glass of milk and watch The Professional. I just saw that and I loved it.

Anonymous

Dear Gamestop...
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2004, 08:19:33 am »
Uhh... isn't that kind of false advertising fraud?

Anonymous

Dear Gamestop...
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2004, 11:01:40 am »
Here's something funny.

I preordered online at EBGames when preorder was first available.  I chose them because, aside GameStop, that was the only place I knew I could preorder from.  I received an email from them with a preorder code about two weeks ago.  I still haven't received anything else from them.

Last week I was in a mall in Montreal, Canada and noticed that there was an EBGames store there.  I went in and saw that there was a whole wall of Matrix Online games waiting to be sold.

So let me get this straight.  I preorder online months ago and I am still waiting to get what I bought when a store a mile from where I live has a truckload of them waiting to be sold ?  Where's the logic here ?  Paying customers come after potential customers ?  Has someone in shipping slept at the wheel ?

I hope these guys get their act together before we cancel our orders :)

Anonymous

Dear Gamestop...
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2004, 11:12:23 am »
Also, The Matrix team really pissed me off. They said in advertisements in SEPTEMBER, "Pre-order now and get into beta!" I saw that on the internet, in magazines and other places.

So it's everybody's fault!

Anonymous

Dear Gamestop...
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2004, 11:46:11 am »
Let me get this straight. In America you can buy beta in the shops?

Anonymous

Dear Gamestop...
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2004, 12:00:41 pm »
No.  There is just a code, in the boxes and that's pretty much it.  it's the distributors fault, not the store outlets.  If you get sent the code VIA email, the chances of you getting a box are retarded.  Because there's nothing in the box but the code.

Anonymous

Dear Gamestop...
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2004, 12:14:07 pm »
You know, if I was really sad, I would see the reference to code and think about the Matrix and there being nothing but the code, but I am not.

Anonymous

Dear Gamestop...
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2004, 01:30:53 pm »
i think i ordered mine from ebgames, and i got my code? i received it in the mail, i mean email. so now im "preordered" and tbone im disappointed in you :(

Anonymous

Dear Gamestop...
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2004, 04:55:34 pm »
I can't believe you still have that avatar Zink.

Anonymous

Dear Gamestop...
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2004, 10:26:04 pm »
yeah i sent ebgames an email and now i have a code .... an extra i think i may give to a friend who wants to play really bad, cuz i'm workin hard on one char in normal and losing the second in qa so why would i need a third? so yeah, i assume then they will send the actual "game" after the release date? who knows

Anonymous

Dear Gamestop...
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2004, 11:32:37 pm »
I also ordered from EB Games, and they still haven't gotten any word on when they're getting the pre-order boxes. I mean, I'm pretty sure if I went outta my way to another store a few more subway stops away I could get it... but I'm too lazy.

I know that I already have 2 beta accounts, but I really want to try out that Pre-Order Hyper-Jump thingy.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 [4]
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 35