[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Poll

Would you like to see an 'Organization chat channel' implemented?

Sounds cool...I'm down!
5 (50%)
Uhhhh, NOOO!
5 (50%)
I really am unsure of alot of things in my life, and this is one.
0 (0%)
I don't make decisions for myself...Let me check with my monkey.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: April 22, 2005, 03:21:01 pm

Author Topic: Idea: Organization Chat  (Read 761 times)

Anonymous

Idea: Organization Chat
« on: April 08, 2005, 03:21:01 pm »
I was gonna post a thread discussing the benefits of another chat area beyond faction chat for an entire organization on the MxO boards, but I thought I'd post the idea here first since many of you could probably shed some good opinions on a feature like this.

Personally, I think it would be a great addition to the Chat window.  There are many faction and non-faction affiliated players who are left out of the loop on many live events even when in-game.  I think this feature could solve alot of these types of issues.  Once you're organization has been decided or after a certain amount of rep points you could get access to your Organization's channel.  This channel could be used for anything...Discuss what HL's are being camped or what collector's are getting ambushed.  This could be an invaluable tool for everyone in that organization.  Players could make coder requests and/or call for help...the uses are endless.  Not only could players amongst the same organization discuss current happenings, gameplay features, strategies, and general matrix philosophy, but this tool could also be used as a 'somewhat' secure line to everyone in that Organization.  Be it Morpheus, Merv, or Lock, announcements could be made through this channel.  

I really think this a good idea.  There are so many people who would immediately feel a part of the community.  They hear of a battle taking place in Organization chat, and they can immediately become a part of that event.  Next thing we know we have 50 zionists show up ready to fight next to us.  This would go both ways too.  Can you imagine the battles!? We're talking some serious LAG!!  Seriously, we are all a team in our organization and with a real-time information source like this available to everyone it could really bring people together.  

Anyway, I wanted to see what ya'll would think about a feature like this.  Awesome battles, New spam, In-Organizational bickering...I think the pros will definitely outweigh the cons, but what do you think?

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 03:36:11 pm »
That is a good idea, the only problem with that are the numbers. How many Zionists are there? Hundreds. Especially when people are low levels and they can switch affiliations in a matter of a couple of missions, it would be easy to infiltrate spies into other organizations. There are a lot of pros, but I'm not sure if they weigh out the cons. Especially when Zionists are factioned between Morpheus and Lock, that could cause for some serious problems. It's a good idea, but I'm not sure that it would really be beneficial. We have our contacts in other Zionists factions that we know support us, I think that is good enough for now. :)

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 04:05:13 pm »
Spies are something that I had considered.  Its a good point,  but in no way does the channel promise to be 'secure'.  This would be understood by most of us.  You can almost guarantee that there will be someone relaying some of the messages coming through at any point in time, but I would think this channel could be primarily used for non-confidential chat and the occasional battle/hl ambush locations.

Implementation is something that I know nothing about.  I don't know how hard it would be to send these messages to the hundreds of Zionists on at any time.  Of course, Organization chat would be server isolated, but it's impossible for me to say if the logistics of it are even possible.

As far as OUR contacts are concerned, well thats just it.  They are OUR contacts.  WE, as a faction, know players in almost every faction there is and know how to get a hold of them,  but WE aren't the only ones playing the game.  And not all of us know these contacts.  Especially those who aren't faction affiliated or are in newer/smaller/less known factions.  

The best thing about this is that it allows those people to be automatically included in any event thats spread through this channel, which I really think  is when they really become part of the Organization. No one has contacts like us and they're are many who would like to contact us on occasion and don't know how or don't know if their current issue is of enough importance.  We'd know whose HL ganking, where and when at that instance.  There are many players(like myself at one point) who aren't planning on joining a faction and this would be the most beneficial for them.  Plus, there has been many-a-time where I'd have liked to discuss topics with other faction's players and this would be a great place for everyone to get to know some of their fellow Zionists, but we already know my opinion...Agree/Disagree?

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2005, 04:40:33 pm »
Hellez no.

What I would like to see is a private chat room system, much like everquest. There you could have password protected chatroom for multi guild (faction) chat/raids, there was also a well known server-wdie chatroom strictly for buying and selling items. Also there was the ability to have inter-server chatrooms so everyone on FA could speak to eachother no matter what server they're on.

But a chat room for ANYONE in an organization? No thanks.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2005, 07:33:11 pm »
actually fuse, helez is on the inactive list :D i do like a password protected chat program, though, although my question is, how many patches would it take to get it right (at least a dozen) and would that up the monthly cost? :p

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2005, 08:02:36 pm »
I don't think an Org. Chat panel will help, but an Alliance panel would help, but then again, that would force the devs to implement the alliance idea....and since that has NEVER been done in an MMO before (sarcasm) I think it might never happen....

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2005, 10:01:35 pm »
EDIT: Oops, wrong discusion.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25