randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Poll

What do you think of the idea?

Yes, let's do it! Let's reorganize the faction in this way!
21 (46.7%)
Yes, let's do it, but make it completely volunteer-based!
21 (46.7%)
No, the idea is too flawed. Think of something else.
3 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: May 17, 2005, 06:34:56 pm

Author Topic: Idea to Organize the Faction  (Read 14272 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Idea to Organize the Faction
« on: May 17, 2005, 06:34:56 pm »
Right, so I'm reading up on the "Character Migration" thread in this forum and watched as it became more about PvP vs. non-PvP. In responding to the issues, I came up with an idea which I think may work quite well to keep the faction unified yet appeal to our diverse tastes.

The issue is that some people are really geared towards PvP and fighting while others are more concerned with the social atmosphere and the roleplay. At first I thought the solution might be to just tolerate our differences, but now I'm thinking the solution might be to EMBRACE them. Here's the idea, which has a lot of flexibility:

We form two units in the faction. One unit is a specialized strike team, geared towards tactical PvP. The other unit is more like political heads who work as reps for the faction and work in social events, alliances, and communication (all revolving around roleplay). These units could be volunteer or we could re-divide ships based on these units (i.e. three ships are part of the PvP unit while the other three are part of the Rep unit). Both units would play vital roles in the faction and would have very specific objectives or missions. Basically each unit would have a forum, a teamspeak channel, and other resources. Here's some examples of missions and such I came up with.

PvP Unit

Mission: Our long time enemies, The Collective, are rumored to have started building an army on Enumerator. They are trying to level up soldiers to prepare for battle against us. Find these secret levelling teams and take them out. Let them know that they must fight to earn their rank when they play with the big boys.

Mission: A group known as Rebirth of Eden is rumored to be transferring characters to Enumerator. They were known for their ganking on the Heuristic server. Find them and destroy them. We need them to know early on that they are no longer top dogs. Also, find out if they are Machinist or Merovingian, because that is not known at this time.

Rep Unit

Mission: Rumors have been going around that the Furious Angels are switching to Merovingian. Squash these rumors. Let fellow Zion supporters know that FA has and always will be for Zion! Also, search for clues as to where this rumor stemmed from. Report back with any information you obtain.

Mission: Zion needs organization. As of now there are two known attempts to organize: the Zion Relay and a new organization formed by a few newer Zion factions. Seek out information about both of these organizations. Find out how near completion it is and whether it is worth getting involved in.

Mission: Several factions have expressed an interest in allying with FA. I have the following names as representatives for the following factions. *names and factions*. Please contact these operatives and maintain friendly relations. Get to know more about them and their organizations and report back regularly with your impressions.

------------------------

As you can see, there is potential to have a lot of important missions to keep us busy. Each unit's forum might have a sticky thread for members to submit missions requests. The Staff or appointed individuals would then sift through and determine which missions are worth making official or we could vote on it. Also, another sticky would be in place to contest these decisions. For instance... :

Mission: Destroy Rebirth of Eden
Suggestion: Abort Mission
Reason: I don't feel we know enough about this group to start attacking them as soon as they get in the server. Perhaps it would be wiser to send the Rep Unit in to learn more about them first. It just seems to hasty a decision - we should at least see how they will act in our server first.

---------------

Aside from these missions, these units would also prepare for spur of the moment action. Here are examples of those:

PvP Unit

Situation: An enemy has just attacked one of our own. There are at least 5 hostiles who attacked our coder. Assistance is required immediately to eradicate the problem. Go in and teach the griefers a lesson!

Rep Unit

Situation: A faction that we have a cease fire with just attacked one of our lower levels out of the blue. Report to the location and try to talk to the other faction. Find out why they attacked and how it can be solved. If the faction in question refuses to talk about it, prepare the PvP Unit.

These situations would not be typed out anywhere - it would just happen and the appropriate unit would respond. In my mind, those sort of situations would take priority, with typed out missions taking second priority.

As for leveling, a third unit (that wouldn't really be a unit) could be in place called "Training". It might even be a sub-unit of the PvP unit. In theory, most interested in the roleplay unit wouldn't be as interested in leveling, while the PvP unit would be divided between those who have leveled up and those still trying to level. This is something that can be worked out, I believe, but I wanted to go ahead and get the idea out there. So...what do you guys think?

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 06:38:23 pm »
Oh, and all of this takes a back seat for storyline events. Storyline events will take priority despite what unit you are in and what mission you are focused on.

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 06:40:44 pm »
Thumbs up!!

I might suggest that hovercraft teams can apply for strike missions; I think the use of hovercrafts (in game, as your team) should be used more

:)

I'm a total frickin rock star from mars.
C'mon bro, I got tiger blood.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005, 07:22:53 pm »
I like the idea of have two different Teams within FA so that people who are more RP base the can go to one team and the ones who like PvP can go to the other.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005, 08:13:06 pm »
Excellent idea!  And I'm down for either team as I both enjoy the social/rp and pvp aspects of the game.

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2005, 08:38:21 pm »
This is an AWSOME idea. Nothing other than that.

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2005, 08:56:45 pm »
im seriously excited about this. wonderful idea. now everyone can do what they like best.

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2005, 09:56:33 pm »
And that's why your the boss...  Sounds good and I think it'll work great

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline Styan

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sullycentral.net
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2005, 10:09:32 pm »
Awesome Ideas!!  

*2 Thumbs Up!*

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2005, 10:19:25 pm »
I really like the idea, however,  I must comment on one thing.  One being a PvP player doesn't mean that you can't also be big into RP.  I plan on doing both.  I'd actually like to see more of the PvPers at least do some light RP style playing.  It shouldn't be ALL nmbers and learning to manipulate the game systems.  But I do like the idea very much.  Who knows, maybe with those that wish, they can be involved in a little of both.

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2005, 10:21:10 pm »
I propose another group for vetern members that would like nothing more than to sit around on TS all day and feed off the complements of others and bask in our own self-glory. We could have Omegus appreciation days and play games like who can kiss Omegus's ass the best/longest. I am open to suggestions.

*Huh...what? You're kidding*

Well is appears that some people think my ideas are crap. Ah well, then I guess I support Tbone's ideas. Good job chief.

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2005, 10:52:57 pm »
Please clarify, but I assume the concept of PvP & Rep teams is still on Enumerator, not moving the Rep team to another server.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2005, 12:00:10 am »
Yes, this would still be on Enumerator. Almost all of you seem up for the idea, but we're split as to whether or not we should place ships in each group and make it a mandatory decision or make it separate than the ships and a volunteer thing. Discuss!

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2005, 12:07:46 am »
I really like the idea T, gives people the option of what they love more. But I also wouldnt feel right making anyone do this so completely volunteer gives people choice. Choice is the problem :) But I do love my ship and would never want to leave it but thank you for coming up with such a great idea :)

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2005, 12:16:42 am »
Tbone this is a great Idea may i make a suggestion have mabey a recon unit for a group kind of like a special operations force. We would all be spys and say we need some information about some mervs and we learn about a party then we go in stealth and just sit and listen or say we need a area scouted before we enter call us up and we scout the area for say a meeting for the Rep's I know that you would say that the PvPers are for that. True but wouldnt it be cool if we knew where are enemies were before they knew we were and we should be able to pick the group we are in but make it manditory for us to complete our missions.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 321