randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Poll

What do you think of the idea?

Yes, let's do it! Let's reorganize the faction in this way!
21 (46.7%)
Yes, let's do it, but make it completely volunteer-based!
21 (46.7%)
No, the idea is too flawed. Think of something else.
3 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: May 17, 2005, 06:34:56 pm

Author Topic: Idea to Organize the Faction  (Read 14274 times)

Anonymous

Idea to Organize the Faction
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2005, 12:18:42 am »
Like Phienyx said, I would like to be part of both a strike team and a RP team. Reason being is because is because I would LOVE to plan and kill enemies in a strike team, but yet when it comes to parties or important meetings, I like to RP by being a bouncer or a spokesman, etc. So yah, I support the idea, but we need to think of a way to somehow work between fighting and RP.  :D

As far as spliting up into ships devoted for PvP or roleplaying, uh, i would have to say no because i dont want to feel like i cant roleplay when it comes to political events in the Matrix if im not on a RP ship, and vice versa. Another reason is because I dont want to feel like i can only or be allowed to RP or only fight in PvP battles, especially if they're always in Mara...   :'(

Anonymous

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2005, 12:22:39 am »
Hmm i like the idea but i personally dont like the ship thing.... I like to do both PVP and RP but i dont want to be placed in a ship for one or another..... But if you do, decide the ship idea you should make a ship for planning events, parties, etc...... I would definlty like to be a part of that.

**this is why i wanted to become an angel...a problem arrives, its dealt with in a mature manor goodjob FA**

Anonymous

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2005, 02:47:57 am »
/Salute

Commander TBone, Private Appolithenes sounding off!

I believe that the time for a political front of FA to come forward is now, and your proposal is a prime example of what we can do to form one.  However, if this is to work, I feel that your position is your choice, but your completion of your duties is, of course, mandatory.  Choose a side and do your job.  Its that simple.  I feel like no one knows where we stand, while I feel our lines are clearly drawn in the sand.  I myself would be honored to take on a diplomatic role in this most honorable army.  I believe I speak for many of the Hovercraft Carpe Diem when I say that we are all ready for the challenge.  I believe that Captain GrimKitten, and the rest of the Carpe Diem crew could do as good a job as any in this new frontier of the war.  Thank you.

/Salute

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2005, 04:13:40 am »
These ideas are great, and looking at the posts, I think i see a few people that want to be involved in all ideas put forward, however I'm not sure that would create the essense of the team; like a department in your place of work, your job would be primarily in that area and there wouldn't be much moving around (although I wouldn't say you can't move).

If everyone dips into each team when they feel like it, then the organizational side fails on these ideas. Any comments on this?

I'm a total frickin rock star from mars.
C'mon bro, I got tiger blood.

Anonymous

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2005, 05:52:39 am »
*thumbsup*

IMO, in order for this to work, changes will need to be made.
If the ships/crews are reorganized, things will go alot smoother.
Even if crew members are split because one goes PvP and the other goes Rep, well... you still have FC, TC, TS, and whispers to address that person or group! All you don't have is the crew chat and the crew forums.

IMO, being part of the PvP does not mean you can't RP and vice versa.
The PvP unit can RP even in the heat of battle, I do it all the time like other FA's do, maybe we SHOULD do it more often, hmmmm it should probably be discussed by the PvP unit leaders/organizers.
The PvP unit can RP during parties, Rep does the socializing and bartending (eheh) we do the bouncing ;-) annnnd... even a bouncer goes to the bar for some refreshments, hey you can even try to get the number from that hot chick on the dancefloor,just make sure it's not Nemi...

As for the Rep, you can and you will eventually have to PvP, be it just to defend yourself or during the events. If the PvP unit needs help you CAN, and probably SHOULD, help if possible, as long as doing so does not interfere with your main mission.

Now the important stuff....
so... uh.. can we have a PvP ship dedicated to kill frenchies? :D
no? ehh.. well.. kthxbye :|

Anonymous

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2005, 06:44:30 am »
Direct responce to ^

If the PvP team needs assistance, I think they should do no more than ask for assistance, not be forced to respond to something that is not their motif.

I would be joining the Rep team if we decide to do this, and while I don't mind sometimes helping in a fight, I tend to enjoy working with people, not against them. :)

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2005, 07:47:15 am »
Quote from: "Desync"

Now the important stuff....
so... uh.. can we have a PvP ship dedicated to kill frenchies? :D
no? ehh.. well.. kthxbye :|

Desync your a freakin' genius...

Go ahead, make my day.

Anonymous

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2005, 08:13:18 am »

If the PvP team needs assistance, I think they should do no more than ask for assistance, not be forced to respond to something that is not their motif.

Zsinj: I'm sorry, maybe I did not express myself correctly, but what you said, was exactly what I was trying to say :)

As for the Rep, you can and you will eventually have to PvP, be it just to defend yourself or during the events. If the PvP unit needs help you CAN, and probably SHOULD, help if possible, as long as doing so does not interfere with your main mission.

Anonymous

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2005, 09:02:47 am »
I personally like the ship idea, just because it helps to group people with like interests and facilitates teamwork within those groups.  Most of you hang out in-game with people who have like interests anyway.  Why not put you together on a ship with them and make it official?  Being placed on a ship full of members that serve the same function as you, is in no way a bad thing.  It will actually work out to EVERYONE's advantage.  I think that there would probably be more than a couple ships for each area of expertise, so you'd probably have your choice of those ships that serve the purpose that interests you.

Its much more efficient and organized for the "ranking" officer to send, say, the Carpe Diem, as a crew on assignments and strikes together, than to try to randomly find and gather people to do this or that from here or there.

Most likely the people that choose to serve on the PvP ships would do so with the understanding that when their crew is called upon for assignments or reinforcements or for counterstrike and rescue missions, they are expected to respond.

I imagine the other non pvp ships would operate much the same way in their field of expertise.

I think that a little compromise on certain things is necessary to get this idea up and running and I think it will benefit FA greatly in the long run.

Anonymous

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2005, 09:37:53 am »
I love this idea, it'd fix a lot of the problems I've been hearing about lately. However one thing I'd like to ask about is how the two teams may communicate. For example, the RP team may find itself in direct conflict with a powerful enemy (Story-wise or other) and may need the PvP team's assistance to take it down.

Right now I've noticed a lot of flat out reluctance to give aid to any story-related events and that concerns me. So while I'm sure the RP team would want to always involve themselves in the story, they may need support from the PvP team at times, so how that would happen may need to be worked out.

Anonymous

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2005, 10:15:15 am »
.......being a PvP player doesn't mean that you can't also be big into RP. I plan on doing both. I'd actually like to see more of the PvPers at least do some light RP style playing. It shouldn't be ALL nmbers and learning to manipulate the game systems.

I may be mistaken, but I think FA was founded with RP in mind. (let me know if I'm wrong).  Everyone should be willing to RP their part at least a little bit.

.....the people that choose to serve on the PvP ships would do so with the understanding that when their crew is called upon for assignments or reinforcements or for counterstrike and rescue missions, they are expected to respond.

This would especially be the case with storyline events.  Our PvP/Strike ships should be on high alert during thest times.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2005, 10:17:57 am »
Like most, I'd like to participate in PvP as well as RP.  If we decide to go through with this, I've already decided to be on the RP unit, but there are times when I just want to take down some reds.  I have to admit, it feels pretty good.

Anonymous

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2005, 10:26:13 am »
Man that teh Pwz I Like the idea of Strike and RP If I Could Id be in for the Strike Team..

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2005, 11:48:50 am »
Quote from: "Fallout2man"
Right now I've noticed a lot of flat out reluctance to give aid to any story-related events and that concerns me. So while I'm sure the RP team would want to always involve themselves in the story, they may need support from the PvP team at times, so how that would happen may need to be worked out.

Storyline events take top priority for everyone. If someone is unwilling to aid with storyline content because of leveling or some other stupid reason, they don't need to be in this faction.

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2005, 11:51:22 am »
^

I feel that some people may regard some events as story-related, but may not be.

I'm a total frickin rock star from mars.
C'mon bro, I got tiger blood.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online