Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Idea for Recruitment  (Read 15919 times)

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Idea for Recruitment
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2011, 04:38:42 pm »
Wouldn't see Eurogamer having an issue with this at all [seems they love it so great]. There will be plenty of promo people around getting people interested in various products, handing out free stuff etc etc, so we would just be mixing in.

The emblem is perfect, no text needed - this will peek the interest of gamers and non-gamers alike as those who don't know what FA is will see the logo and be curious (subconsciously or otherwise) whether or not they follow it up whether on tshirt, business card, pen, usb stick, whatever...

QR codes are great, so no probs from my POV.
Angel emblem on the front of business card, QR on the back - great.

I have mixed feelings about QR codes on the T's; if we (FA) are wearing the T's around the place, then a big QR on the back is great as people will perhaps scan it as we walk about. However, if there are T's to be handed out to people, then a QR on the back isn't as appealing to receive as a gift maybe, but then I've been to plenty of events like this (not gaming, but business) and all freebies do have the promo stuff on it... so not sure where I stand.

Since the challenge will not work on smartphones due to flash, then perhaps the QR can lead to a challenge that does mimic our usual challenge ethos, but can lead to a free T. Maybe the last part of the challenge will reveal a location at Eurogamer, and a time... those who get there and meet an angel with a password will receive the free tshirt. There could be 10 tshirts to give away. The location / time can be updated by those there as needed...

Perhaps images and MP3 will work so that users can hear/see something on smartphone? I really like the idea of folk doing the challenge whilst standing around at Eurogamer. Although, beware, some people might have an ipad/playbook/tablet which might handle flash. Might want to consider a mobile detection script ready to redirect as needed - would hate for those who can use flash to miss out maybe...

Ultimately, I don't see this as a recruitment drive... but I could see this as a media or spotlight opportunity (such as the MSNBC article from MxO).

USB sticks are one of the most prized items to grab at these types of events. I'm finding it hard to get pricing (it's all quote based), but we might be able to get some made? Logo on the USB key, and files included which lead to the Signal, so they will be able to find it when they go home and use the stick...

Also, don't know if we want some sort of SW:TOR logo or info included on the tshirt/business card to suggest a link between the game and FA. Obviously there are other games...

Just as a side note, these things are usually cheaper to produce in the US. My dad (Florida) is coming over to the UK at the end of August, so if there are savings to be made we could avoid import TAX by getting him to bring them across. I think this could save quite a bit than having an items produced in the UK.... just an option, and I know my dad wont mind.

Also, I am getting the itch to attend now, especially if there are other FA-ers.  :D

I'm a total frickin rock star from mars.
C'mon bro, I got tiger blood.

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
Idea for Recruitment
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2011, 05:26:36 pm »
Hehehe. Even I am toying with the idea of heading back to England for the weekend. Wife tolerates earls court trips nd the boys would love it!

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Idea for Recruitment
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2011, 08:31:28 pm »
I say we give away mass amounts of FA swag... Tshirts whatever.  If we are really set on doing this right I am willing to throw several hundred at it.

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
Idea for Recruitment
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2011, 08:36:54 pm »
Why can't there be any fun Gaming Conferences around my state?!

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline ExternalError

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://n/a
Idea for Recruitment
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2011, 09:16:41 pm »
I'm all for this, this will be my 3rd year of attending eurogamer and least year it was host to one of the uk apprentice tv show challenges where the teams were tasked with launching a mobile app at the expo so I thing Kaplins idea sounds a good one.  The way the expo was structured last year everyone had to enter through the 1 entrance up an escalator we could position people there handing out the cards.  We can then arrange a time and a place say 4pm next to the Swtor demo machines or something where once people have solved the clue they are instructed to find an angel operative by asking people around that location "are you and angel?" or something like that, the ones that perform this task win what ever swag we have available also if we create a twitter account we can keep people updated throughout the day as most people have access to twitter.

Also if any of you are over in the UK or are tempted to come over I can hook you up with my contact number so we can meet up.  There will be Myself, Kaplin, ODJ, Wind form FA and also 2 other MxO players from Recursion as well

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
Idea for Recruitment
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2011, 11:15:56 pm »
Love this idea. Love the emblem and QR only. Willing to toss in some money, if assured where it's going.

Offline Arawn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
Idea for Recruitment
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2011, 01:15:56 am »
I liked the USB with Files in it idea... I agree USB is like the more sought out freebies in these events.

So I guess FA members could have Emblem/QR (Front/Back) and the free tshirts just the Emblem on the front?
Umm what about coins, or hats?

If I had the source code... Life would be easier.

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Idea for Recruitment
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2011, 03:00:25 am »
oh my, we are going to need a fundraiser.
Fundraiser plugin for the website to show donations? :D

edit: probably need to focus on the Signal for smartphones. Concept needs to be good if there is no flash. Kinda reverting to challenge 1.0 from MxO! This might take a bit of time and input...

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Idea for Recruitment
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2011, 03:45:55 am »
General UK GBP prices for twist USB 1GB (example - http://www.usb2u.co.uk/products_usb_flash_drives_twister.html)

From what I can tell from a few websites that have prices:
50pcs just under £200. £3.xx per unit.

I would expect that the US will do it for $3.xx per unit, which would be quite a saving...

EDIT:
Also, this may hit a few nerves, but getting T's made in china will usually save you big bucks. 100% cotton T's can cost less than $2USD each, compared to over $10USD if made in the US.

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Idea for Recruitment
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2011, 10:32:47 am »
Signal:

Short:

Full:

Just as examples.

Offline Lithium

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://followtheangel.org
Idea for Recruitment
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2011, 12:07:27 pm »
Quote from: "Ketamininja"
oh my, we are going to need a fundraiser.
Fundraiser plugin for the website to show donations? :D

If Tbone approves a plan that requires money... then at his request I will set this up.

Don't believe everything you think.

Offline ExternalError

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline ExternalError

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
Idea for Recruitment
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2011, 12:53:16 pm »
priced up an order of 250 glossy business cards and 50 tshirts of the following sizes

XXL - 15
XL - 10
L - 10
M - 10
S - 5

total cost £362.03

pics below this is just something rough i knocked together in the few mins i had at work

tshirt front

tshirt back

card front

card back

Offline Avzeke (Khr0n1k)

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Idea for Recruitment
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2011, 04:19:59 pm »
I think it may be a good idea to have a mobile landing page to direct the QR to and then have it link to the challenge from there noting flash is required. Or even a mini-mobile site.

Topherous Jedi Sentinel
Artifice, Archaeology, Treasure Hunting

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
Idea for Recruitment
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2011, 05:22:57 pm »
If we end up using External's images, be sure to remember we have to change the t-shirt to www.followthesignal.net. It's not a .org.

Maybe we could scale the order of the shirts back to 30 shirts? A shirt is cool, but people who aren't in FA will wear it maybe once and then they'll never wear it again. It's a limited novelty, and I'd rather spend novelty money on USB sticks.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 343