Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Mahrim & Alfar  (Read 1519 times)

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
Mahrim & Alfar
« on: March 24, 2009, 12:48:06 pm »
ok so let me get this right...

We're allied with Mahrim and Alfar clans now?

...really?
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Mahrim & Alfar
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 01:19:18 pm »
Huh?

We aren't supposed to be... unless there are some in the Alliance...

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 01:35:18 pm »
I spawned in yesterday night... saw 5 alfar at our bank.  So, I started attacking.  After I died I looked in public and they kept yeling "we're allied" or something like that.

Plus there are Mahrim and Alfar in Oromea city all the time that are friendly.  So it looks like this alliance is an all race alliance which directly contradicts our clan policy.  :/

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 01:37:07 pm »
Clan was called Exilium?

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 01:50:56 pm »

Offline Saint

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/saintxxx/Jedi-Archives
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 01:58:17 pm »
if that's the case I don't see how we can stay in the alliance.

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 04:48:06 pm »
Guys. The Oromea Alliance is really important for us at the moment. we are able to get alot of resources and craft more than ever since nodes are global its a hard fight outside. with haveing tughri and the nodes around its quite easy. I can farm all the day without being too much afraid of losing (I got ganked one time .. while being afk.. and resting).
Just because of Grog (who is Mahirim and Member of the Alliance) and 2-3 Alfar are allowed to USE the bank if the go IN GROUP we dont have to leave the alliance. Exilium asks Oromea wether they are allowed to use the bank everytime and then we got warned through the clan alliance chat and a bunch of alfar banks and goes on fighting outside.

Remember: Furious Angels is NOT really strong at the moment.

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 04:57:34 pm »
Exilium is "Friendly" with Oromea simply because of the anti-Dusk idealogy. However Oromea has been playing with kiddy gloves with this half ass peace treaty (Not attacking each others Harvesters which Oro seems pretty intent on enforcing, Dusk doesn't seem to give a fuck) which is most likely going to continue to fall apart during the next few days unless it somehow gets rectified. Exilium had a hamlet (perhaps still do) on Rubaiyat and so were constantly fighting Dusk, they essentially hate them.

As far as the situation goes it seems Oromea is pretty damn scared of Dusk and wants to appease them, which isn't going to work, this game is not about showing fucking weakness, especially not this early. Vindicators are constantly coming in to Tughri, and yet we're told not to attack as they butcher us and then threaten the city. On a different note Addiction is supposedly part of this Alliance as well and I believe they are all race, but as far as their relationship with certain other guilds it's not going well.

As far as global, this is somewhat current and shows some example of how Agon stands.

http://www.beracor.com/downloads/politicalmap/current.jpg

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 05:12:35 pm »
Yeah, as I expected, politics get complicated very quickly as people haphazardly ally and make enemies. There's nothing to keep your ally from being friends with your enemy.

This is going to have to go on a guild by guild basis. A guild made up of all alfars or mahirim should be KOS. If there are a few in maybe a guild that is very friendly to us, we could perhaps get away with the mentality that they have been "rehabilitated" for the good.

Certainly any guild that is hostile towards us attack. Vindicators? Please tell me you guys didn't have tea with those guys. I don't care where you are. Take those guys out. Don't put too much stock into this alliance we have going.

We're an elite force that strikes with precision. We don't need anyone else. We are strong. Just because we don't have a zerg army doesn't mean we can't get things done. Even if we lose our hamlet, that doesn't mean we can't get things done. Even if everyone in the alliance wants us dead, that doesn't mean we can't get things done. Don't get too comfortable leaning on these other guilds and their resources. If they tell you to do something, say you only take orders from the FA leadership.

Sorry I haven't been around to help get all these things clarified. We're not going to play this game on easy mode. I was very hesitant to get into any sort of alliance for the very reason of you guys getting too dependent and stupid rules trying to be enforced upon us.

Offline ArchNemesis

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 05:33:05 pm »
I honestly don't mind a few mahirim or alfar...

If we're talking about entire guilds full of them though, that's a different story.

I remember Axa Maxa from Exilium hunting down Setun around the first time we started playing. We put her/him in place but still... this alliance needs to get grouped up and get this shit straightened out.

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009, 05:34:15 pm »
Fuck me Dusk have a shite load of cities/hamlets....

I agree with the boss - I want this game nooooow :(

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2009, 06:11:26 pm »
We're independent and we're gonna be known as who we are and what we have to offer. I'm all for friendly and it's cool we can use their city but we have our own orders and priorities. Enemies are enemies and we kill them, I will engage if I know I can take them or at least make them think again about why they are around the area.

The Vindicators aren't just enemies but they're cocky as fuck as well because they think they can just walk over people affiliated with Tughri. I did some bait work I guess because I saw Oro wasn't really backing up when guilds affiliated with them were attacked. Started harvesting a bit further south of Tughri than was necessary and as I'm herbing an Alfar shows up, I'm obviously not AFK and herbing away and he goes to town (on me)just as I move to a new node. To quote: "I had like 4 guildies on the map where u were at, they will kill u on sight" when the harvesting issue was pushed "well we kill mirdains :D." Got some good screenshots of him but was just told I was probably too close to Vindicator city and was infringing, fuck that shit. I don't think there is any easy mode for this game.

As far as the Alliance goes I don't know anyone besides people in Eleador and Oromea themselves. Eleador only because I checked them out (recruit vids, motto, views etc) and determined them to similar, and "good" people. They have the Mahirim, 3 of them and at least 2 are interested in going red but the influx of enemy Alfar as opposed to Mahirim and Ork does not help them. While I have partied with both Oro and Eleador, defending the city and participating in mock raids, they know that I have separate priorities and my loyalty is to the Angel's commanding officers. This socializing has had a positive slant as Dorundain messaged me regarding the good things he'd heard about me and the Angels from some of his underlings. So keep up the good work, we'll leave if we have to and we'll kill those we must. World's always got corruption.

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2009, 06:17:01 pm »
We need to focus on our skilling up and group combat training.  Having this alliance is a perk for now, use it while you can but don't forget..  We are elite with or without them.  If you feel your skills are lacking, get them the fuck up.  :)

Soon enough, they will understand that they need us.  Not the other way around.

Offline Phienyx

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2009, 08:52:50 pm »
My suggestion would be to not compromise who we are, but bide our time and use the support we have for now to help build our strength, skill and resources.  

We have our own agenda that may not mesh fully with the alliance's and they need to realize that we are an ally, not part of an oversized guild.  On the other side, sometimes being part of an alliance is a balancing act and some conditional compromises need to be made for the overall benefit of our own guild.

However, one thing we must never compromise on is this:  If someone has made themselves our enemy, they will be hunted and killed regardless of where they run to or who they are allied with.  If our alliance will not back us against our enemies through political means or show of force, at least stay the fuck out of our way while we deal with it ourselves.

We're Angels, not saints.

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2009, 05:05:56 am »
Quote from: "Phienyx"
My suggestion would be to not compromise who we are, but bide our time and use the support we have for now to help build our strength, skill and resources.  

We have our own agenda that may not mesh fully with the alliance's and they need to realize that we are an ally, not part of an oversized guild.  On the other side, sometimes being part of an alliance is a balancing act and some conditional compromises need to be made for the overall benefit of our own guild.

However, one thing we must never compromise on is this:  If someone has made themselves our enemy, they will be hunted and killed regardless of where they run to or who they are allied with.  If our alliance will not back us against our enemies through political means or show of force, at least stay the fuck out of our way while we deal with it ourselves.

word.

* Discord

Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
[28] 29 30

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 91