Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: FireFall  (Read 2902 times)

Offline Sared

• VETERAN ANGEL
  • Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain
    • View Profile
FireFall
« on: July 12, 2013, 12:13:06 pm »
I don't know who all had mentioned an interest in this game, but it managed to go into open beta without me noticing. Going to be playing through of the intro stuff in the next week or two to check it out. In-game name is 'thesared'.

Offline Longboard

• RIFTER
  • Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
Re: FireFall
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 05:01:21 pm »
I watched some videos on You Tube....too cartoony for my taste and nothing really stood out different to me except the "hyper jump" that the one toon type has and their free for all travel system.

"It's my hokey religion, you can have your blaster!"

Offline Revalis

• RIFTER
  • Angelic Warrior
  • The Architect
    • View Profile
    • http://revalis.blogspot.com
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 06:33:07 pm »
I've been playing it for quite a while. Name is Revalis in game, and I started The Furious Angels as soon as Armies were available in Closed Beta. Haven't logged in since it went into open, but if you guys want to get together, I can get you in the Army at least. And we can do some ARES missions or something.

Also, if it helps, I have sexy legs.. playing with me is a thrill. ;)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 05:28:12 pm »
Downloading it now. Someone pointed out the UI as something that could be good for VR. Not necessarily the UI on the sides of the screen, but more the AR-like interface on objectives, friendlies, enemies, etc. I figured I'd at least check it out for that. It also reminds me of Tribes a bit, and I like Tribes.

Offline Sared

• VETERAN ANGEL
  • Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 09:33:34 am »
So that was fast. Just realized that I hadn't loaded the game up in almost a months.

PvE is a long-ass attunement quest. Gather resources, craft key, get into higher-level mini-zone, grind resources, get 8ish people together to do tower defense and get a mcguffin. Rinse, wash, repeat through two other mini-zones, make big key. Use big key to do high-level encounter. Finish content.

The way content requires different tiers of gear (and that the T2 battleframes outclass the T1's in every way) makes me think that continued content will either see a level increase OR a radical variety of new mechanics in order to keep things interesting. As of writing, they have only chosen to introduce drastic new mechanics in the form of purchasable new armor sets.

Match-based PVP isn't bad, different combinations of battleframes and abilities lends to a large (but not overwhelming) set of possible opponent builds, without any load-out having a direct counter. Team Deathmatch, Capture Points, Assault, and Basketball (Jetball) are all solid gametypes, with a dreadfully small selection of maps.

Oh, and the skinner box on this shit is wicked sick. As with any good F2P game, they give you the first sample of XP and Resources boosters for free, and they're goooooood. A good three-hour session with those bad boys can net you the equivalent of almost a week's gains of shorter play sessions.

When the game is officially launched I'll have another look at it, but for my time playing the beta I found it to be an entertaining FPS with classic MMORPG questing elements that could be enjoyed in short (30-60min) sessions.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 12:47:44 pm by Sared »

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online