Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: So our supposed "alliance" is now tradeing with th  (Read 2940 times)

Offline Setun

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
So our supposed "alliance" is now tradeing with th
« on: March 30, 2009, 10:59:35 pm »
Ok, last time I checked last night, the Dusk alliance were enemies.  I logged in today and killed an AFK auto-swimming Vindicator in an area Arch, Phoenix, and myself found, then was promply chased out by like 5 of their members all the way to Tughri (Oromea city) where I was finally killed.  I warned the alliance of what was going on, and they ran out to confront them as what I thought was normal.  But here's where the weird shit happens:  Instead of fighting going on, both parties are just staring at each other...nothing happens, Vindicators go back south, Oromea group goes back into town.  I assumed the Vindicators didn't want to lose their mounts n such after chasing me for so long, so they worked out a deal / explained the situation or some bullshit and that was the end of it.  So I said fuck this shit and went to go harvest....when I saw a Vindicator mining metal right outside the goddamn town!  So naturally I killed her ass, but instead of running away from town, she ran into it...I killed her by the bank, but some HDL and Oromea folk were pushing me back / trying to kill me.  So I hid within town and tried to figure out what in the fuck is going on.  Eventually I found out that Oromea and HDL are in some sort of trade agreement with the Vindicators now, and that we're not supposed to attack.  

So yeah, I'm fucking done with this kissy-face bullshit this alliance keeps pulling.  We need to find a city, take that shit, and stay the hell away from our supposed "allies".  Cause this is bullshit, last time I checked, the Vindicators are always running in a 6+ group party, as most of my encounters always wind up with as much chasing my ass down on fucking mounts, catapults, race cars, etc.

Bad tidings will only follow from this, and to be quite honest, I think I'd feel safer in my Human hometown than over here with these pussy ass elves trying to play patty cake with every goddamn person we run across.  Diplomacy is one thing, but making your resources / home available to any form of foreigners, hostile or not, is just fucking stupid.

Offline KnightOfZero

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: So our supposed "alliance" is now tradeing wit
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 11:47:10 pm »
yea wtf is up with this? its supposed to be war what the hell is oromea thinking? unfortunately we dont have the numbers to enforce our law into the world just yet. but as soon as we do... we need to show everyone who exactly we are and that we do indeed mean business.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  People who understand binary, and people who do not.

Offline Erathaol

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 01:52:10 am »
We just got three (maybe more) members in-game today, so our numbers ARE growing.
Also, and this is a total guess, but I'd bet that as soon as the boss-man gets back to where he can be online consistently, he'll have something cooked up for us to do.  Just wait and prepare, SOMETHING will happen!

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 04:54:39 am »
Haha. Sucks. Now, if we are stronger and FIGHT actually and stop harvesting all the time. Leave the alliance and kill some ppl. Im hunting with Glass Cannon (solo player, and just awesome) anyways all the days atm.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 06:24:24 am »
This alliance sounds really stupid.

As I've said before, don't depend on it at all. We can only depend on each other, so don't think just because you are near some of these people in the "alliance" that you are safe or that they have your back. From the sounds of it, I'd want to roll with a few of you guys just to be AROUND the alliance.

Don't stop killing those Vindicator guys. They've ganked squad'd us quite a few times.

Offline Setun

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 08:14:40 am »
Oh believe me, Arch and I aren't going to stop lol.  I'm only holding my blade while around the Oromea city.  Soon as I see one of those fuckers away from that town they're done.  Hell, I might go back to that island again later today and see who's stupid enough to continue afk swim in that same spot.  XD

Offline Runjun

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2009, 08:46:39 am »
Vindicators = kill

Not sure why they hit you.  I've seen them smash Vindicators without question.

Offline Phienyx

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 09:16:48 am »
Setun, I honestly I am one of those who feel that being allied with another clan or two is probably a good idea, but once I started seeing, reading and hearing about some of this weak ass pussy shit I've been seeing out of this so-called alliance we are part of now, I am convinced that this alliance isn't the right fit for FA.

Our enemies have made themselves so of their own actions.  Why cater to them for any reason?  While inside the walls of Tughri, I will respect their "rules" so long as I am not attacked.  Outside of their walls.....

The leadership of this "alliance" stands for nothing but self service and has shown its weakness.  This will be it undoing.  

Does anyone know why Exillum (sp) left the alliance?

We're Angels, not saints.

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2009, 11:07:31 am »
I'm pretty sure I have the answer to Phienyx. It's because Oromea has been playing nice with Dusk. Like I've said before Exilium is as anti-Dusk as they come and very bloodthirsty, as far as I can tell they aren't "Good" by any means but they do hate those Vindicators and allies.s Anyways, there doesn't seem to be much leadership that's trusted in this whole Alliance thing. Best to prepare for the future and get ready for bloodshed.

Redx, Zortarg, sorry I haven't been on too much in my mornings. Classes and Homework load have been increased and I'm looking at some cutbacks. Hopefully shit won't have hit the fan by this afternoon. Anyways, looking forward to seeing you guys in game.

Offline Phienyx

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2009, 11:29:43 am »
The enemy of my enemy is my friend. The friend of my enemy is my enemy.  When it comes to alliances, this is what matters.

We're Angels, not saints.

Offline ArchNemesis

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2009, 11:38:24 am »
Honestly, We have to make it perfectly clear that these pacts are fine with them but they will not apply to us.

I've had my run ins with Vins and have lost much to them... I WILL return the favor if i come across one. I'm not willing to hold hands with someone that has stepped on my grave... If the Oromea don't want to get involved that is fine but that doens't mean that their rules are our rules.

We are Furious Angels, Not Oromea...

and as such our enemies will regret ever coming across us.

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2009, 12:39:21 pm »
As far as I see it, this Alliance is somewhat tainted. If it didn't cost alignment I'd say take both the Vins and the stupid idiots who uphold this truce 'thing' - it'd be good sport.

FA has always (in my opinion) be a kind of 'Dark Knight esque' faction...

But yeah, just ride along for now until we gather strength then sever the ties.

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2009, 06:54:40 pm »
Alright, so newest update seems to be Oromea is leaving Forest Republic to create a new "alliance" that is friendly with Dusk and Vindicators...the rest of the Alliance seems to be sticking with vVv and the rest of Forest Republic, save for Eleador which has to hear from their King regarding which direction they'll be going.

However the Forest Republic is setting up diplomacy with Hyperion (fine)and continuing their idea of Alliance with Savage Alliance which isn't for us. Looking forward to the choices we make and what kind of diplomatic relations we'll be having, see you in game.

Offline KnightOfZero

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2009, 09:10:59 pm »
woah-woah-woah... let me get this right.. so Oromea is officially allying with Dusk and the vindicators? what kind of BS is that? i thought they were supposed to be the "goodguys"? and the Dusk alliance are the "badguys"
There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  People who understand binary, and people who do not.

Offline Erathaol

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2009, 10:22:52 pm »
I was in-game when they were discussing it as well, and it did seem very worrysome.
Then they claimed it was an April Fool's joke, so really I have no idea what to think.  If it was a joke, sure they fooled us, but it sure was in poor taste...

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 372