Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Creating your own Sig  (Read 37269 times)

Anonymous

Creating your own Sig
« on: February 16, 2005, 12:23:14 pm »
If you'd like me to do your sig then follow this link:
http://thefuriousangels.com/index.php?topic=1422

For those that are more artistically gifted, here are the templates and instructions for creating your own sigs:

There are 2 PSD files(Photoshop 7) because one works as the template(Template.psd) and one has the animation in it(Animated.psd).  This is how I do it...  

Start with the template and get it how you want.  Then link everything that you'll need to transfer to the Animated.psd ( Name, FA logos, Pic over circle, Link(at top), The Furious Angels text, and your Crew text layers).  You will need to merge all these layers into one.  Then open up Animated.psd and add these layers.  I left ServiceMaster's stuff there so you can align yours with his(not always necessary). Then delete ServiceMaster's layer and you should be able to export optimized as a gif.  Of course,  certain issues may arise especially with ImageReady...so if you have any questions feel free to post them here.

Template- Has all editable graphics
http://www.arandaworld.com/images2/Images1/FA/Download/Template.psd

Animation- Is already animated and ready to go as soon as you add your layers.  Animations include; spinning circle and moving buttons(widgets layers)
http://www.arandaworld.com/images2/Images1/FA/Download/Animated.psd

*UPDATE: Check Gillette's post for updated Templates : Click!

*UPDATE: Lithium
All files should be backup up here: http://liquiware.net/furiousangels/sigs/

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
Creating your own Sig
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 04:23:25 pm »
THis is awesome beleev. Thanks a ton for the templates.
One issue I noticed... there is a missing frame on the circle on the animated.psd. Thats why when the circle moves by the bottom right corner of the circle, it seems to jump. This is easily fixed because the image is there.
1.In image ready click on the animation window on slide 3.
2.Click the duplicate current frame on bottom of animation window
3.While selected on the 4th frame (the one you just made) deselect layer "disk 320" visability in the layer menu, and select "disk 300". You may have to open up the "75px disk" set to see each layer.
4.Select the second slide, and deselect "widget 1 copy" visability
5.Select slide 3, select the Move tool (black arrow one), and click on "widget 1 copy" in the layers menu
6.Drag the widget directly up until it is halfway on the canvas and halfway off.

Save as Optimised and your done.

ok ok, so it's barely noticable, and you probably didn't see it until now. Maybe you still don't, but my mother said if your good at something stick with it, and I'm good at being a pain in the ass perfectionist. =)

Anonymous

Creating your own Sig
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2005, 07:08:55 pm »
Beleev which fonts are you using in these. It keeps replacing them on me. :(

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
Creating your own Sig
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2005, 07:41:21 pm »
Gunship for the title.
Matrix (one of the many forms) for the "The Furious Angels" text
and mCode15 for the code on top.

Anonymous

Creating your own Sig
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2005, 01:09:54 pm »
Photoshop 8 (CS) / ImageReady 8 (CS) fixes:

1. Rebuilt the template into a single file (saved on frame 1 instead of frame 7)
2. Fixed the frame 1 propagation problems with the template
3. Added missing animation frame for complete disk
4. Deleted unused garbage layers
5. Realigned hvcft text to expand to fit hvcft name so it doesn't need re-positioning
6. Added clockwise wheel to template (Change set visibility from within Image Ready to change the rotation)

Open this in ImageReady: Template File (right click... save as...)

Edit text / graphics to suit your fancy.

Save optimized as...

And you're done.

I'm missing fonts! -> Sig Fonts
I want more detail in my angel symbol! -> Original PSD | Original AI
I want a bigger spinny disk! -> Big | Bigger | Biggest (Original - Resize this for other disk sizes)

Edit:
7. Added 2px fade mask for better white blending (press the eyeball to show/hide the layer)
8. Added simple border option (press the eyeball to show/hide the layer)

Edit:
I want a stamp! -> Go here, read the Readme

Anonymous

Creating your own Sig
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2005, 03:14:15 pm »
Oh, you're so good Gillette...thanks

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Creating your own Sig
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2005, 07:33:40 am »
Heheh,

Stamps courtesy of Ketamininja :)
Get the credits in there Ratio!

I'm a total frickin rock star from mars.
C'mon bro, I got tiger blood.

Anonymous

Creating your own Sig
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2005, 05:22:20 pm »
Read the readme Ket. :P

Anonymous

Creating your own Sig
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2005, 01:29:53 am »
I am in the process of learning how to edit and make a great sig. I'm using Fireworks MX Pro 2004 to do all of my editing. If there is a program out there that's better than the one I'm using and I can get it somewhere that's free, please let me know. Thank you. (and yes, I got MX Studio Pro 2004 for FREE!!! yay!!)

Anonymous

Creating your own Sig
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2005, 01:51:02 am »
I normally only use Fireworks MX when doing web design..... I guess it works with anything though (haven't really checked out all the macromedia products yet).

For 2D art I use Photoshop and 3D art I use 3D Studio Max..... (WIth a little searching you can find free photoshop and I had to borrow 3d studio max from a friend...).

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Creating your own Sig
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2005, 04:53:14 am »
Photoshop. Adobe Photoshop. Adobe Photoshop 8.

This is the most up to date graphics package I could find (a few months ago) that handles the animations well. See Ratio's fixes to see better.

I have Fireworks, don't really use it for graphics except internet (tables and frames)... I would try getting Photoshop (for the final sig) to make sure you are happy.

I'm a total frickin rock star from mars.
C'mon bro, I got tiger blood.

Anonymous

Creating your own Sig
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2005, 10:20:57 pm »
Hmm. Having a bit of trouble figuring out how to edit the motion paths of the widgets in ImageReady.... and how to get the masks working properly.

Maybe someone knowledgeable could drop me a PM or two so we can talk?

Anonymous

Creating your own Sig
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2005, 03:33:55 am »
Hrmm, I fiddled with this using the Adobe CS package my brother got with his comp. However the color of my name never stays past the first screen in the gif.

Any help on how to make it continuous would be great. Now, this is my first time using this software, so explain in REALLY precise terms if you could. =P

Here is what my sig looks like atm...

P.S. Anyone know where I can get a nice clean beret pic to place over the animated circle? EDIT: Green if possible.

And yes, I know I need to change the name of the hovercraft, just not sure if I need to pick a specific one for new recruits or just any one. =)

Anonymous

Creating your own Sig
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2005, 11:21:47 am »
The problem with your sig is that your working in just 1 frame of the animation.  This can be a real pain...I do it all the time.  

So to save me some trouble, I get my sig just how I want it on a non-animated template file, but you can just save the one your working on as a different name.  

Go ahead and get it how you want it to look (remember: it will only be on that single frame) then link all the layers that you've edited (Name, FA symbols, HvCFT name, beret, and followtheangel.com(basically anything that you've changed).  

You can link layers by clicking on one that you want linked and clicking on the box to the right of the eye for all the OTHER layers that you want linked to it.  Once they're all linked, just drag them and position it on your ANIMATED template so that it looks like everythings in the right spot.  Of course, you'll need to DELETE (not turn off) all the duplicate layers that were already there.  I delete because if you turn them off and haven't selected every animation frame (/Window/Animation) then they'll come back in the other frames.  

After you've dragged everything to your animated template and deleted the duplicate layers you should be able to 'save optimized as' a gif.  Just remember that once you move everything to the animated template that you must select all frames in the Animation window to apply any changes...otherwise it will only apply the changes to the frame you're currently on.

You can read my first post for extra info on this process.  You don't have to merge everything like it says, but it may make things easier.  Hope this helps...you can PM me if you have any other problems.  Good Luck!

PS: I get just about all the images I use from GOOGLE images searches...so I'm sure you can find a beret that way.

Anonymous

Creating your own Sig
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2005, 02:54:35 pm »
yeah, I was up this morning doing my sig and had the EXACT same problem, ended up just making duplicates of the layers I wanted to modify, deleting the old ones, editing the new dupes, and all was well

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

Social