Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: How many are avid roleplayers?  (Read 4221 times)

Anonymous

How many are avid roleplayers?
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2004, 06:59:39 pm »
I've done a little roleplaying...But nothing on a regular basis.

I think if we had enough people interested we could start a good ring on here.

Anonymous

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2004, 07:07:08 pm »
Well I'll be the first to say i'm a veteran Rper. I've been playing rpgs for a while whether it was a table top or on a console. MxO I'll have alot of fun rping my charcter to the fullest and I promise to deliver on that. :mrgreen:

Anonymous

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2004, 07:22:37 pm »
It's good to know we have a few avid RPers on here ;)

I started an RP thread yesterday, but it hasn't been replied to yet...*tear*

Ah well, maybe I'm just not cut out for it.

Anonymous

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2004, 07:34:07 pm »
Only roleplaying I've done is in Planetside and RTCW:ET if you can consider that roleplaying, but hopefully MxO will be a nice blend of fighting and RPing.

Anonymous

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2004, 10:17:40 pm »
I love roleplaying!  I have a character on CoH that is only used for RP.  This particular clan seemed hardcore RP, to me, it's what compelled me to apply.

Anonymous

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2004, 01:44:32 am »
I loved Rping in SWG but other people who arent into it make it difficult to stay IC. Though, i think that MxO will have more people willing to Rp because it can easily be set up as just an extension of themselves with some tweaks here and there.

Anonymous

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2004, 03:29:10 am »
I as on the corbantis server.  Yeah there wasn't that much rp'ing going on but I rp'd when ppl rp'd to me.

Anonymous

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2004, 06:07:30 am »
There was no roleplaying on Chilastra because it was the most hostile server out there, everyone hated each other.  Our forum moderator must've locked more threads than anybody else  :shock:

Anonymous

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2004, 06:42:12 am »
Sweetness.  Sounds rough lol :) Must of been a good bit of compettition in PvP then.

Anonymous

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2004, 07:40:24 am »
Not anymore, half the Imp guilds went Rebel about a month ago so there arn't too many overts that much.  We just basically bash each other in-game and on the boards, lol

Anonymous

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2004, 09:43:22 am »
I feel that it takes away from the experience if you say stuff like 'going for a piss' in the middle of running down a street, i mean, i know it would for me.

Anonymous

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2004, 12:48:19 am »
I'm a major role player. I host my own online text-based RPG sessions daily. However, I find it next to impossible to get a quality role playing experience out of any MMORPG.

I tend to stay in character, but I don't go out of my way to Role Play in MMO's, as 99.9% of the online community, especially for mainstream MMO's tend to be the biggest bunch of fucking retards ever to group together.

Also, maybe I'm just an intellectual with a superiority complex, but I find it very difficult to take ANYBODY seriously when they stupify their language by typing bullshit like "u ppl r kewl b cuz i no wut ur up 2 n stuff." With the exception of "stuff," I find people who type like that to be entirely too exhausting. I can't take these kinds of people seriously, I can't role play with them, and I find them to be so fucking stupid that I usually can't even group with them.

People like that have absolutely no creativity, and regardless of whether or not they are intelligent beings or just maybe 13 year olds caught up in the EQ scene, they don't ever sound intelligent when they type like that.

You can tell a lot about someone by the way they type. Debatably you can tell intelligence, but at the very least you know that someone who has to remove two out of three letters to say "you" as "u" is a fucking lazy bastard, and has absolutely no place in the literary universe.

To me at least, laziness depicts stupidity.

Though, I tend to be a bit more outspoken about these types of things, and I'll fully admit I'm a bit of an extremist when it comes to people talking like morons online. It's mainly due to the fact that I'm a writer, and when I see people botching our language, while it doesn't exactly ruin my day or anything, it really annoys me, and if the person is talking directly to me, trying to lecture me on my intelligence, I can get fairly pissed off, or at least as close to it as is possible for me to do online. I just find a lack of maturity/intelligence/creativity in these types of people, and when you lack those three things, you'll never help a person with those qualities have a good role playing experience.

Anonymous

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2004, 12:51:10 am »
For me it prety much depends on what mood im on. SOmetimes I'd rather just play the game and not worry about RP'ing. Other times, i feel it enhances the actual gameplay. I'm thinking for MXO RP'ing will be prevalent. Its just one of those games you get lost in...

Anonymous

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2004, 11:14:45 am »
I was a roleplayer, then along came SWG and that burned me out with the politics of Starsider.  On top of that, it's just too much of a hassle sometimes.  Sometimes being efficient means being able to rapidly communicate.  Rapid communication is the antithesis of roleplaying.

Essentially I had to make a call: be a good roleplayer, or be a good power gamer.  I ended up choosing the latter, but allowed myself to RP when it felt organic.

Anonymous

yup
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2004, 11:23:35 am »
I am definitely a roleplayer

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[12] 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25