Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: My experience as a Shadow-Balance build so far.  (Read 1792 times)

Offline Baobinga

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundcloud.com/djz
My experience as a Shadow-Balance build so far.
« on: December 22, 2011, 03:29:09 am »
I just wanted to share my experience in ToR thus far playing a shadow/balance consular. Every single balance consular I've seen is a Sage so I figured I'd say how it is as shadow.

I'm focusing very very heavily on Willpower and Power in my gear. I've got every single piece of gear except one relic maxed out for my level.

All mobs I'm running to are easy and fun to dispatch. I can sneak around zones and grab objectives easily. I can clear out group by group if I wanted to as well. Being able to CC a mob for over a minute makes managing elite pulls easy. Balance is a very heavy hitting build.

It also helps to know if you pull too many mobs you can completely disappear.

I put on combat stance and take up to 2 elites with my healing companion (and my friend Res's. When we have both our droids out we survive they're very efficient if they're not being attacked). Hard level npc's go down without hurting me and regulars get murdered.

Then again I'm 27 and in Nar Shadaa still but this is my PVE experience right now.

In pvp I am able to completely disappear when I'm outnumbered and I almost always have top damage done unless some much higher levels come into the game. I die a lot less because of being able to stealth and run. Or I can choose to ambush an unsuspecting objective capping player.

I am able to cap objectives in pvp very easily because of being able to stealth around AND have such high damage output.

So far I have yet to notice anyone doing the same type of build.

I'm loving it.

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
Re: My experience as a Shadow-Balance build so far.
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 04:18:31 am »
link your build will ya?

Offline Maglorius

• RIFTER
  • Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 05:04:15 am »
^ ^ ^

Offline Baobinga

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundcloud.com/djz
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 04:23:59 pm »
Amazon has my game en route for the 24th so I can't get back in until then to see if this build is mine but I'm pretty sure this is it. I know thus far I've gone for all force reductions (so my pool stays consistent), I've gone for the AOE large force hit. I've gone for double force throws (the rocks). It procs all the time so its one full hit and then another 50 percent hit immediately after. I've gone for damage reduction and followed the chain to get instant mind crushes.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601ZZfMcRr0z.1

By 50 my build will look like this. The way I play is a mix of high lightsaber double strikes and force attacks. Keeping as much things in the build to give me force regen and damage output.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601Mc0cZ0MZfMcRrbkrfz.1

Some builds may be similar I don't know. I haven't looked at any of the cookie cutter builds yet. I prefer to do my own towards my play style.

When I said I don't see anyone doing this type of build I meant more Shadow/Balance and not talent trees.

Offline Jesseria

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 12:06:35 am »
Why aren't you placing the 2 points in the Containment talent. Having an instant cast CC for PvP is an incredible power - especially if you find yourself trying to cap a point with only one defender present. CC - Cap Point - Kill Dude.

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 07:26:20 am »
Quote from: "Jesseria"
Why aren't you placing the 2 points in the Containment talent. Having an instant cast CC for PvP is an incredible power - especially if you find yourself trying to cap a point with only one defender present. CC - Cap Point - Kill Dude.

Lift = instant full resolve bar for them. That's the main downside, but your point is valid.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 363