Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Future of the Guild  (Read 6997 times)

Offline Mharz

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Guild
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2013, 12:15:38 pm »
After some thought I came to the conclusion that I think The Furious Angels and their exploits were legendary in MxO.  There was a deep rooted devotion to excellence in gaming.  To being cutting edge, and being leaders.  I think along the way we lost that and I think we need to regain our former image, our former glory.  In thinking on this, the following quotes came to mind.  I've took some liberty to change them to add context.

"Bruce Wayne: You're vigilantes. (devout gamers)
Henri Ducard: No, no, no. A vigilante (a devout gamers) is just a man lost in the scramble for his own gratification. He can be destroyed, or locked up (beaten). But if you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal (like FA), and if they can't stop you, then you become something else entirely.
Bruce Wayne: Which is?
Henri Ducard: A legend, Mr. Wayne."

Devout our gaming time to a cause, an image, a common vision that might not actually be just one game but might be something outside like the Rift or the image of FA.  What the group means, and what it means to be a Furious Angel.  The group, the core values, ideals and of course the individual people will transcend games if it truly has value.

The second quote is found on a gold coin.

"In order to shape our future, we must understand our past."

I generally don't like to look backwards but in this case, I think it might be a good idea to look back to MxO and remember the things that made FA great during that era and try to recapture some of the old magic.  Think about those things.  Think about how it felt.

I think FA needs a direction that is bold, forward thinking, and maybe a little crazy.  And we all have to buy into drinking that Kool-aide.

The Rift might be that thing.  The first official RIFT guild might be that thing.  It's hard to really wrap your hands around the amount of impact something like the Rift MIGHT have.

My challenge to all of you - Think back to your fondest memories of FA and what made FA great and try to put into words the basic elements that created that greatness.  

All for now.

Offline YuriVi

• Furious Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2014, 02:06:44 am »
What about FFXIV? That seems like a nice game to use the Oculus Rift with.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2014, 01:49:04 am »
What about FFXIV? That seems like a nice game to use the Oculus Rift with.
You can't really use the Rift with any game. The game has to be built specifically for VR in mind. There will possibly be a legacy mode where you can play any game on a virtual screen on the Rift, but that somewhat defeats the purpose, at least until the resolution gets really high.

Offline YuriVi

• Furious Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2014, 12:47:55 pm »
Ok I get it, EVE sounds good.

* Discord

Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13