Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Why I'm Leaving  (Read 7677 times)

Anonymous

Why I'm Leaving
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2004, 09:46:15 am »
Most interesting indeed, makes you think.

Anonymous

Why I'm Leaving
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2004, 11:57:38 am »
/me has shifty eyes.

Anonymous

Why I'm Leaving
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2004, 12:02:58 pm »
Would anyone like to ring the bell to inaugurate our brand new Witch Hunt.  Here's your chance to claim that anyone you never liked very much is a spy and a traitor.  How many of these kinds of opportunities are you going to have?  Quick everyone, jump on the finger-pointing bandwagon and join in on the fun.  Orasu's avatar has glowing eyes in it, that must mean they're really just camera lenses reflecting the light and he's really a spy sent to document our daily lives! Oh no!  Quick everyone, grab your pitchforks and your torches, we've got some lynchin to do.

Anonymous

Why I'm Leaving
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2004, 12:10:12 pm »
Since Wolf is obviously trying to be sarcastic and imply that anyone who participates in a witch hunt is acting the fool... He must be a spy. Only a spy would want us not to conduct a witch hunt! If he weighs more than a duck, BURN HIM!

</sarcasm>

:D

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Why I'm Leaving
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2004, 12:19:19 pm »
excuse me for a second...

ROFL!!

I'm sorry, if we are to believe his words, he thinks MxO sucks? Ok beta maybe has a bit to go, but if this is the case, he's just wasted a few months of spying on information which is useless, and wasted time.. how can I put this... sucking captains cock from another clan lol

Blimey! Although it may have provided a little entertainment to be a lap dog, and actually having something that seemed "worthwhile?" to do whilst waiting on game release I can't believe someone is so sad to really do this.

The only thing we have ever been concerned about is others posting the workthrough for the puzzle. After all it is really a meaningless puzzle, to a clan website where all we can really talk about right now is what we watched on TV last Tuesday night.

Plans you say? I aint a Captain, so I aint privvy to certain info, but I can't imagine its that important, because it doesn't have much to do with the game. Maybe Tbone is in beta or something, and knows a bit more on how things will work, but IMO most things will be altered by the time the game hits the shops (ie current orders might not make sense anymore). If you follow.....

Crew rosters? Jezus, most of us have a follow the angel reference in every thread we post online, it wouldn't take long to find out who's in the angels. rankings? again, I think most know the important people...

in other words, what the hell is there to spy on just now? if the watcher were still here, I would say get a life, but being in a clan where the game aint released yet, I'll shut my mouth for now.

Don't get me wrong tho'. I love the community here, I am still looking forward to the game, just like the rest of us! :D sorry for wee rant there

---edit
oh ps, I would maybe run a IP check on all users just in case he had a second account if this is true (although I really doubt this), if you logged em.

I'm a total frickin rock star from mars.
C'mon bro, I got tiger blood.

Anonymous

Why I'm Leaving
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2004, 12:55:15 pm »
other than the rotting in hell, and burning for all eturnity speach, i wasn't suprised hearing that he was a spy, our recruitment methods have gotten a little slackish as of late, heck we dont even reiforce the 1 week trial anymore. but thats just my opinion whatever, later

Anonymous

Why I'm Leaving
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2004, 12:56:56 pm »
I'll have you know I weigh the same as many ducks.  So does that make me five times the spy?  Maybe... maybe....

As far as what I watched last Tuesday for any interested parties I did happen to catch the latest episodes of King of the Pride and Scrubs.  Also while flipping through the channels I happened to come across The Fabulous Life on VH1 holding a "bling-off" between the Senator John Kerry and President Bush.  Apparently John Kerry is an avid bicyclist, wind surfer and snowboarder while Bush plays golf.....

And so Gillette, having unmasked my dark secret, you must unfortunately be killed.  I hope no one was to attached, and it is really quite sad that things had to come to this, but I really do feel it is all for the better, so if you could all just rewind the clock to before that post and forget everything that Gillette said we can all still be buddies and I won't have to go on a rampage.  Well Gillette, sorry old pal  </kill>  </sarcasm>

Anonymous

Why I'm Leaving
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2004, 01:10:38 pm »
WTF?

If he was a spy, he was a downright shitty one.  Having admitted it and left the facation before _the actual release of the game_.  What good will any of his information have?

Anyway, people are taking this far too seriously anyway.  The bottom line is that MxO is a game.  Anyone willing to put aside their own fun, and "befriend" people they don't even like in order to call themselves a "spy", is pathetic.  Play the game, play it with your friends, maybe try to one up your competition fairly and move on.

IMO, the watcher is a sad sad little man.

Anonymous

Why I'm Leaving
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2004, 01:24:44 pm »
We must not approach this with panic and paranoia, but we must approach this with caution. A spy's motto is To be wise as a serpent, but harmless as a dove. The_Watcher did confide in me that Hiddenshadow was a spy, but I said nothing to anyone else then Eligoh. However seeing as How CoreDump told Tbone, I'm sure something has been done. Or if it hasnt, it should be remedied very quickly.

Did I ever suspect that Watcher was a spy? No, unfortunately. However, to just point out, seeing as how his alias has not changed to Guest, it is a possibility that he may come back to see Tbone's reply or just to browse the forums for as long as possible. Now do I think Watcher is going to sink to this level, very low possiblity. I stil lregard him with an air of honor, whether you want to admit it or not, he fooled us. He fooled everyone of us. Whether or not we liked him, disliked him, he fooled us. And he's got to have some sort of skill to do that.

As to the fact of one of the Captains being a spy I say....disappointed but not unexpected. I was never completely into the idea of us being hacked, and I suggest all of the captain's responses to Tbone's Things You Might Want To Know thread be re-read and analyzed. Although any information may not be gained from this activity, you never know.

I also want you guys to realize something. According to The_Watcher's message he did not come into the faction as a spy, or maybe he did under another name, and was rejected for any postion of authority, and came back again as The_Watcher. Although, the name might imply that he did come here under those pretenses, it's just as likely that he did not. But not to refute my own claims, maybe he was a spy, and was waiting for a staff position to truly become a Furious Angels. He was angry that Tbone did not give him a position, which would imply that He did either apply for captainship and was rejected and/oror felt that by telling Tbone about HS that he would be given a positon. It would also go to show that TW is in this nothing but for power, for information.

Which leads to another point. Tbone, all of you, beware, for no one HAS to leave the faction once the game comes out. They could be spying purely for information, or game information that is. Any spy worth his/her balls would know that s/he could remain in this clan as a captain while they were woprking for another clan. It's easy. They work for antoher clan as a spy, but remain here in a trusted postion. There reward for spying on us would be information. The captain or whatever of that clan would be paying our spy to actually stay here and lead us. S/He would be a captain and effectively leading us into battle, but would be a double agent. They could also be getting their reward in the natural life, how hard is it to use PayPal to transfer real-world dollars, real-world funds? Not hard at all.They would not need to leave. This opens up an exciting, but dangerous door. As I said before, beware.

Gained with this knowledge know this: no spy needs to be a spy because of allegiance to one faction or another, they need be a spy only for information, for power, for themselves, for greed.

P.S. I suggest that there be no captains, but that in the game leadership is decided, I know that this was being thought of, but I'm not sure if it's fully thorough yet. I only sugest this as to shuffle things, and if the current captains are any real leaders at all they'll show their worth when the game's out...

Anonymous

Why I'm Leaving
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2004, 01:42:41 pm »
My only concern is that people are getting into beta through proxy, the FA being that proxy.  There could be some legal remifications for this.

Anonymous

Why I'm Leaving
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2004, 01:52:51 pm »
Also,  Zink I do believe you are correct. We cannot slack...or become lazy....idle hands make for the veil's playground.

Anonymous

Why I'm Leaving
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2004, 02:40:25 pm »
John Cleese: "She turned me into a newt!"

*silence*

"I got better..."

Anonymous

Why I'm Leaving
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2004, 04:10:21 pm »
Sorry, I do not have much to say on this other than, where are peoples respect and dignity these days?

I mean seriously, if you can't have respect who are you?

Anonymous

Why I'm Leaving
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2004, 04:31:54 pm »
Some people are just jealous. They want to see one of the most powerful and influential clans crumble from within. Normally, the only reason they do this is because they're little immature children who want to be in FA, but can't because they were either denied, or because they just can't solve the puzzle. Having someone else solve the puzzle for them and giving away "vital information" makes them feel special and cool. I mean, seriously, if we were to open our forums for all to view, people would probably just say: "What the hell is wrong with these people?!" There's nothing really important to see here. We're all here to have fun, and if we weren't having fun, then I doubt we'd be here.

Also, I'd like to send my own message to any possible traitors. You may want to cut ties with who ever you're dealing with before game time comes. I personally have done spying in other games. I'll admit to it. But, it's only fun for awhile until you finally figure out, "what's the point?" The answer is, there isn't one. You have nothing to gain from anyone, but much to lose. Just think about that. Spying for a freaking video game, of all things, has no purpose at all unless you have no life whatsoever.

Anonymous

Why I'm Leaving
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2004, 04:51:57 pm »
Can we get his beta account banned...

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25