Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Why Are There Fat People in The Matrix?  (Read 1499 times)

Anonymous

Why Are There Fat People in The Matrix?
« on: May 13, 2005, 05:37:15 pm »
If the whole theory about your R.S.I. is true, why are there fat and/or ugly people in the Matrix?

I mean what normal person would want to be seen as fat or ugly?

Discuss....

Offline Avzeke (Khr0n1k)

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2005, 06:06:19 pm »
i dont ever recall their being a fat person in the matrix...

Topherous Jedi Sentinel
Artifice, Archaeology, Treasure Hunting

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2005, 06:15:41 pm »
Hmm wow i cant think of one either not even in Zion.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2005, 06:52:24 pm »
I'm not talking about the movies themselves, but given the whole concept of The Matrix and why there are fat or ugly (don't forget ugly) people that exists in the world if the Matrix theory were assumed to be true.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2005, 06:58:15 pm »
In all actuality, nobody in the matrix truly eats anything to become fat.  Nobody ever really ate Tasty Wheat, and Cypher knew his steak didn't exist.

Life as a Zionite is hard work, so they all get lots of exercise.  Food is scarce near the center of the earth, so there isn't much to eat.

I'm having a hard time figuring out the ugly part.  :)

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2005, 07:06:56 pm »
Genetics, guys. Humans are still created based on the sperm and eggs of two humans who choose to mate and procreate, so the machines just pair up their genes old fashion style.

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2005, 07:11:07 pm »
Here is the premise: The world in which we live right now is simply a computer program intended to keep our minds captive. In our world, fat, ugly and otherwise physically challenged people exist.  

Within the Matrix Theory/world, what would be the explaination for this?

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2005, 07:29:43 pm »
no i dont think so. i think the childs genetics are based on whatever sample they chose to use to begin the incubation process. herego in the matrix children dont necessarily have the DNA of their parents. hence why there are references in matrix fiction of redpils speaking about their parents not being their real parents. as for fat/ugly ppl in the matrix, Residual Self Image is a digital manifestation of the way YOU SEE YOURSELF. so while maybe genetics might play a role in your physical appearance, being ugly, other factors like weight, excessive aging, baldness or grey hair can be attributed to a person thinking negatively of themselves. 50% of the way ur RSI manifests itself is genetic, but 50% is psychological. its all in the mind after all. and yes, i have asked myself the very same question in the past.

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2005, 09:11:00 pm »
i had made the same argument regardling hadicapped people a while back. bascially, no one could come to a conclusion except that the machines has found a way to genetically alter us so that deficiencies didn't exist. it would aide their cause, if you think about it. being obeise can be a handicap, as it it unhealthy, so the actual, real-life person would have to be healthy for the machines to properly suck out the juice from them. handicaps can be a potential virus to their system, if you think about it. they probably just took babies "born" with irregularities and dumped them the same way they do with minds that are freed and minds that have died, to be "fed" back into the rest of the fields. Basically, they've purified our gene pool.

what i want to know is, if they could do that, how come they didn't weed out the dumb people? i swear ... some people just SHOULDN'T breed! i mean, come on, you need a license just to drive a car, but you can go out and have a kid any damn time you please :p

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2005, 12:29:34 am »
LMAO, nice point Grim.

Well, what I think is that your mind is still connected to your body, and still has knowledge of your genes and other physical attributes from the real world (although you may not be fully conscious to the fact you know it, your mind must still have some bearing on where you body really is.) I believe your mind doesn't just make an appealing and effective RSI of itself, it simply reflects the basic image of what it knows your body must look like. There will never be clear answer though, since the Wachowskis love to have people debating and asking questions about things such as this. They really are geniuses about that aspect of their filmmaking.

Also, there are probably no handicapped or fat people because, as you said Grim, the machines may have developed a means of genetically altering humans to make them into the perfect energy source. Naturally, a handicapped or fat  person would be weaker than many others and hence produce less energy for the machines to feed off of. Even if these people did exist though, I'm sure the machines would exterminate them quickly under the means of wasting space in the pods. Just my thoughts.

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2005, 07:36:50 pm »
I think the fact is nobody wanted to see fat/ugly people on the big screen ...... If I eat lots of steak my RSI better get fat..

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2005, 07:37:39 pm »
Just think of how cool it would be to be fat. I mean honestly doing Kung Fu and stuff as a Fat Ass would be sick as shit. Rolling around and stuff. I want fat people in game.

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2005, 10:10:54 pm »
Let's all send in petitions asking for a new tree to be added: sumo wrestling!! :p

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2005, 04:52:31 pm »
actually my stance on this goes back to the origins of the matrix, particularly the very first instance.it was told by smith in the first movie and hinted at by the architect in the second that the first instance didnt go over well, partly because everything was 'too perfect'. Fat, skinny, good looking, ugly, tall, short, etc, these are some of the things that make us realize no one is perfect, everyone has faults, these things are the things that tell us nothing is perfect, not every day will be sunny and bright, or rainy and gloomy. It's human nature to try to find and understand the logic in things, in any situation, to think, to analyze, to overanalyze, be curious, be suspicious, etc. in a so called 'perfect world' it'd be too much to take in, things wouldnt be as simple as everyone being happy all the time, it's just too complex a task to ever hope to imagine.

thusly we need these 'imperfections' to live out our daily lives, just as we need food, water, love, purpose, etc.

I could talk about this stuff for hours, cause i love human psychology and philosophy, but I think that says pretty much the jist of what I was trying to get across. :)

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2005, 06:40:48 pm »
So, according to Adrenaline, there should be fat people in the Matrix.  There are definately ugly people.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 279