Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: An expression of Indignation  (Read 5210 times)

Anonymous

An expression of Indignation
« on: May 27, 2004, 02:14:31 pm »
I have a rather large problem. Out of the eight members of my crew only three are active. And one of them has only just began to post again. I am not in any way suggesting that my crew is sub-standard, because they are not, but our captain has not been active for about two weeks, if you do not count his short  post of, 'sorry I havn't been on lately, won't happen again', then him dissapearing again. So, I have tried to contact those members that have gone AWAL, but to no avail. WHat needs to be done?

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 02:35:41 pm »
I have the same problem a few of members of the Evigilos are inative too maybe wee need to clear out some inactives

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2004, 02:36:52 pm »
I think this is a problem we're going to face until launch, which is why Tbone initiated the AAO community.  It's low requisite game that provides an environment of leadership and teamwork, cornerstones to FA's progress in MxO.  

Being the end of the school year, I'd hesitate to give anyone the boot just yet.  But if members, especially captains, can't participate once private universities let out for summer then I question their dedication once the game goes lives.

Perception is reality, and if the membership of a certain ship perceives their captain as always off, then there IS a problem; but again, we should wait.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2004, 03:23:42 pm »
As far as Enoc is concerned, he's given us a very good reason for why he has not been as active as he should be lately. His computer has broken down, and he's decided to do the responsible thing of stepping down and letting Tbone choose another captain for the Evigilos. That I commend him for, as he is only looking out for our best interest.

I think if we still have a serious number of inactives post-beta and even towards the end of the summer as we near the MxO release, then we should look into the problem. But until then, with schools ending and such, I don't think it would be entirely fair to just give people the boot for taking care of their priorities.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2004, 03:45:44 pm »
I am not asking for Tbone to boot people, I am merely stating that out of 8 people, only one has absented himself for the exams, all the others have just dissapeared. That is my main worry. Our forum for the formosus has been dormant for a long time becuaase there is only Oronos and myself who are regualrly on here, Erebus is there every once in a while, which is all we really reqiure of members.

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2004, 04:35:08 pm »
Out of the ten people on the asperitas, only angele and i are active. Deus used to be active but i havent heard from him in a while. He mysteriously disappeared after May 18. He may have gone on a trip or something. Other than that, all the members on my ship have five posts or less and those are from when they first checked in. Perhaps someone or a group should be put in charge of contacting inactive individuals and asking why they have been inactive and if they really care about FA and our cause.

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2004, 04:38:51 pm »
Maybe they're under Machine influence, trapped somewhere between the Matrix, and the Machine world.  Contact the Merovingian, he and his Trainman might have the information you're looking for.

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2004, 04:39:48 pm »
i think it wud be easier to just message them or something.....im sure theyre fine

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2004, 05:06:01 pm »
There aren't really that high percent of our members that are regular posters..

But I bet they will be more active once the game launces. Most of my crew are posting very rarely, but I think most of them are still doing exams or whatevers. Im happy with my ship, I'm Decerto by heart :).

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2004, 12:27:00 am »
Yeah I know wat you mean....Ajax that's really weird tho - what has happened to Triplex? That is your captain right? Hmmm yeah i think the AAO is very good right now to help us like you hav esoemthing to do in the meantime until Mxo - Everybody d/l it!!!

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2004, 09:17:39 am »
I did e-mail triple x and he posted on the forums saying he was busy, so id say he's coming back, this would be a good time to inform, u guys that i will be busy doing things, so i won't be as much, thought i'll still com in every 2 days, but wont be on every day.

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2004, 11:20:22 pm »
Hmmm....well still that does seem weird for a capitaino - but I guess the "real world" does ahve it's obligations. Well I hope that everything works out for him. Don't want to lose someone else.

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2004, 11:28:31 am »
Well, seeing as how I myself haven't posted in a loooong time, I can vouch that school has taken a larger chunk of my free time.  And like you guys have already stated, once the schools have hit summer break and we actually have an inkling of free time, posting should increase (especially mine).  

It's too bad about Enoc, too.  It's rather odd, being on a ship without a captain...  (waits for teh mutinies)

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2004, 11:58:16 am »
People should at least post ONE post a week. Its really not that hard, even with school. I mean with my schoolwork which is insane i manage to post multiple times every day. For people to post at least one time a week so that we know they are still here wud take maybe 5 minutes tops. They cud just come make some random post and leave. Then we would at least know that something terrible hasn't happened to them.

Offline ArchNemesis

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2004, 04:47:56 pm »
dont worry i  havent posted often either but im still here trying to get my word in every once in a while... just be patient for the time being, some ppl are out on vacation since its the end of the school year while others are still doing finals... just be patient... i was  one of the most active in the old forums.... maybe 4th top poster in there (no im not braggin in case any one is wondering :P) and look at me now... im gonna try to keep in touch more often... its just difficult with me procrastinating and leaving everything for the last minute... yay me.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 330